Kudlow: Liberal entitlement-state dream is crumbling

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
May I ask this question? Why is it that Americans don't have the freedom to choose their own health insurance? I just don't get it. Why must the liberal nanny state make decisions for us? We can make them ourselves, thank you very much. It's like choosing a car, buying a home or investing in a stock. We can handle it.

So why must the government tell me and everyone else what we can and cannot buy?

Charles Krauthammer and the Wall Street Journal's Dan Henninger noted in excellent recent columns that this whole Obamacare business represents the greatest-ever expansion of the liberal entitlement-state dream. But I don't want that dream. And you shouldn't either.

Read more of the article here: Kudlow: Liberal entitlement-state dream is crumbling

-Geaux

LOL. No, we have not forgotten freedom. Freedom is hardly expanded when you have hundreds of thousands of Americans going bankrupt yearly because of medical bills. And the majority of them have insurance. We can see successful health care systems in Germany, France, Japan, Taiwan, and so many other nations, while our system costs twice as much per individual, and get worse results. Now I realize that you 'Conservatives' love to get less for your money, but the rest of us do not. Time to move our 18th Century health care system into the 21st Century.

LOL. No, we have not forgotten freedom. Freedom is hardly expanded when you have hundreds of thousands of Americans going bankrupt yearly because of medical bills. .

I could care less about those who went BK. All I know is as a result of ACA, my premium rose 76% for $168.00 a month. That impacts me negatively. But like I don't care about others problems I don't expect them to care about mine. I am just pointing out the impact to me for what it is

-Geaux

LOL. No, we have not forgotten freedom. Freedom is hardly expanded when you have hundreds of thousands of Americans going bankrupt yearly because of medical bills. And the majority of them have insurance. We can see successful health care systems in Germany, France, Japan, Taiwan, and so many other nations, while our system costs twice as much per individual, and get worse results. Now I realize that you 'Conservatives' love to get less for your money, but the rest of us do not. Time to move our 18th Century health care system into the 21st Century.

That's just not true. In reality, very few people go bankrupt because of medical bills. That's just a story liberal parents tell their children. People go bankrupt mostly because of credit card debt. First, the most common bankruptcy isn't medical bills, it's heavy credit debt the death of a working spouse and inadequate life insurance. That's the most common reason for bankruptcy.

Some countries, like China, that had socialized medicine are moving away and into privatization. Germany has had privatization with a basic universal health care package since they invented it.

The commonality among all the countries that have socialized medicine have one thing we won't allow. Tort reform. You cannot sue your doctor just because you want to. When there is a lawsuit against a medical worker, the awards are capped at very low levels. In the UK, all medical malpractice lawsuits are reviewed by a board of doctors and approved before it can even be filed.

Forum List

Back