Krugman: GOP Austerity Causing Unemployment

"Out of the 50% of us who pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX? maybe? it sure as hell ain't from the other 50% who happen to be leeches."

Hate the victims, who actually pay a higher % in all taxes and fees than many rich. You're a brainwashed tool of the greedy rich. Turn off the BS. Read my signature, A-hole- hoping for your recovery.

Conservatives don't want to believe this, but if the government fires people that means more people unemployed.

Hard to believe, I know.

No, that actually means in the long run that more people are employed in real jobs. Putting more parasites on the payroll does not help anyone who produces something of value make a living.

The people who defend the country, teach our children, build our roads, and administer the laws of our country are not parasites. People who consume without working are parasites. Parasites = the richest people in our country.

Straight off the AFL-CIO talking points page..at least we know who you're signed up with to receive your email updates.

Unions ARE parasitical...the people who belong to them are just people.

If government spending is necessary to sustain the recovery, is it crazy to pursuing cuts in spending now, while unemployment is still about 9%?

Conservatives don't want to believe this, but if the government fires people that means more people unemployed.

Hard to believe, I know.

no not actually, unless of course 7 trillion in 2.5 years isn't enough spending to you, so what do you suggest? we just continue to write checks on borrowed money to state public employee unions forever? or buy 600 dollar hammers?

Myth of the $600 hammer.

Hard to believe, I know.

No, that actually means in the long run that more people are employed in real jobs. Putting more parasites on the payroll does not help anyone who produces something of value make a living.

The people who defend the country, teach our children, build our roads, and administer the laws of our country are not parasites. People who consume without working are parasites. Parasites = the richest people in our country.

Defend this country? Yeah we have a open border for every terrorist, dick and harry to walk across. We're blowing trillions of dollars building every other country besides our own. Time to bring them home and defend the country...Which is one of the jobs of the federal government.

Teach our children? Education should be a local issue that has nothing to do with the federal government. To much power within a federal government that has anything to do with brainwashing our children is unwise. Building our roads is also NOT a federal issue...Pay taxes to your local elected government...Starve the beast called the federal government.

We don't went a over powerful federal government.

"Out of the 50% of us who pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX? maybe? it sure as hell ain't from the other 50% who happen to be leeches."

Hate the victims, who actually pay a higher % in all taxes and fees than many rich. You're a brainwashed tool of the greedy rich. Turn off the BS. Read my signature, A-hole- hoping for your recovery.

I think everyone should be taxed less. The federal government has grown out of control.

Poor and Middle class, so they can have more money to spend and rich so they can compete and hire Americans. I'm sorry to say, but the rich aren't going to be taxed more and will do everything in there power to fuck us the poor and middle class. They will close up shop and move to china.

Last edited:
This chart shows yearly changes in government spending for goods and services.

090311krugman1-blog480.jpg

As you can see, the numbers crossed over to the negative at the beginning of the year, and have been declining ever since. According to Krugman, the numbers correspond to slower job growth.

If government spending is necessary to sustain the recovery, is it crazy to pursuing cuts in spending now, while unemployment is still about 9%?

A link to what he actually is saying would be nice.... because he is very correct in his assertion.

Economics and Politics by Paul Krugman - The Conscience of a Liberal - NYTimes.com

Hard to believe, I know.

no not actually, unless of course 7 trillion in 2.5 years isn't enough spending to you, so what do you suggest? we just continue to write checks on borrowed money to state public employee unions forever? or buy 600 dollar hammers?

Myth of the $600 hammer.

How about $600 million on Navy ships that were never used, Mr. Wisenheimer?

$300M Spent On Navy Ships Never Finished Or Used | wusa9.com

Out of the 50% of us who pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX? maybe? it sure as hell ain't from the other 50% who happen to be leeches.

The rich consume most of the country's resources - isn't it fair they pay more taxes?

<IDIOT ALERT>

The rich (top 1 to 10% of the population) CANNOT consume most of the countries resources and they ALREADY DO pay more of - nay most of- state and federal taxes.

They CANNOT?
Why not?

Myth of the $600 hammer.

How about $600 million on Navy ships that were never used, Mr. Wisenheimer?

$300M Spent On Navy Ships Never Finished Or Used | wusa9.com

So you agree the $600 hammer is a myth?

The rich consume most of the country's resources - isn't it fair they pay more taxes?

That is so idiotic. No they don't. Most of their money is tied up in investments. Which means it is providing jobs for you and me. The idea that they are spending all their dough on partying is absolutely hysterical.

You obviously received your economic training by reading Communist Party comic books.

Hard to believe, I know.

How long is "in the long run" ?

At least a decade.

everyone just knows that government spending does not create jobs.
Silly wabbit.

Last edited:

Hard to believe, I know.

Government school teachers most definitely are parasites. They don't teach our children. They keep them ignorant and they indoctrinate them with leftist propaganda. People who provide a service you aren't willing to pay for are not productive. They are leaches.

The bureaucrats who rule us are also parasites. The department of Education does nothing I would pay for voluntarily.

Government school teachers most definitely are parasites. They don't teach our children. They keep them ignorant and they indoctrinate them with leftist propaganda. People who provide a service you aren't willing to pay for are not productive. They are leaches.

The bureaucrats who rule us are also parasites. The department of Education does nothing I would pay for voluntarily.

Well it is obvious that in your case it did fail.

<IDIOT ALERT>

The rich (top 1 to 10% of the population) CANNOT consume most of the countries resources and they ALREADY DO pay more of - nay most of- state and federal taxes.

They CANNOT?
Why not?

How many pounds of steak do you think the rich can eat?

You know it's funny. You're using now the exact same argument and reasoning I use for spreading tax cuts and not focusing them on the wealthy. Because honestly, how many steaks can one man eat?

Funny.

Hard to believe, I know.

Myth of the $600 hammer.

U.S. Contractor in Iraq Charges Pentagon $900 for $7 Control Switch, Report Finds

Read more: U.S. Contractor In Iraq Charges Pentagon $900 For $7 Control Switch, Report Finds | FoxNews.com

They CANNOT?
Why not?

How many pounds of steak do you think the rich can eat?

You know it's funny. You're using now the exact same argument and reasoning I use for spreading tax cuts and not focusing them on the wealthy. Because honestly, how many steaks can one man eat?

Funny.

The honest truth is there IS no reason for a federal government of this size. It is completely opposite of the purpose of this nation as a nation of states and freedoms. Power back to the states and cut the hell out of the federal government. I'd support bringing the troops home.

Forum List

Back