Korean War started by SOUTH KOREA

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
Who Really Started the Korean War?

Forget the Trumanite mythology

The standard neocon-cold war liberal line is that the North Koreans, in league with Moscow and Beijing, launched a war of aggression on June 25, 1950, when North Korean troops poured across the disputed border. What this truncated history leaves out is that, in doing so, they preempted Rhee’s own plans to launch an invasion northward. As historian Mark E. Caprio, professor of history at Rikkyo University in Tokyo, points out:

“On February 8, 1949, the South Korean president met with Ambassador John Muccio and Secretary of the Army Kenneth C. Royall in Seoul. Here the Korean president listed the following as justifications for initiating a war with the North: the South Korean military could easily be increased by 100,000 if it drew from the 150,000 to 200,000 Koreans who had recently fought with the Japanese or the Nationalist Chinese. Moreover, the morale of the South Korean military was greater than that of the North Koreans. If war broke out he expected mass defections from the enemy. Finally, the United Nations’ recognition of South Korea legitimized its rule over the entire peninsula (as stipulated in its constitution). Thus, he concluded, there was “nothing [to be] gained by waiting.”

You know --- there's revisionist history .... and then, there's fiction. I guess we know where this one belongs.

So over a year before the unprovoked attack on the South you claim the South attacked the North? Must have been a stealthy war indeed.

secret testimony before Congress of CIA director Admiral Hillenkoeter proved US responsibility for the war.

Buffett, Republican anti-interventionist from Iowa, went to his grave demanding the declassification of that crucial testimony: alas, to no avail. And yet what we do know is this: the US government had ample warnings of the pending North Korean invasion, via intelligence reports sent to top cabinet officials well before the June 25 commencement of large-scale hostilities.

As to who did in reality fire that shot, Bruce Cumings, head of the history department at the University of Chicago, gave us the definitive answer in his two-volume The Origins of the Korean War, and The Korean War: A History: the Korean war started during the American occupation of the South, and it was Rhee, with help from his American sponsors, who initiated a series of attacks that well preceded the North Korean offensive of 1950. From 1945-1948, American forces aided Rhee in a killing spree that claimed tens of thousands of victims: the counterinsurgency campaign took a high toll in Kwangju, and on the island of Cheju-do – where as many as 60,000 people were murdered by Rhee’s US-backed forces.".

You know --- there's revisionist history .... and then, there's fiction. I guess we know where this one belongs.

History is not being "revised" . The narcotized populace is being deprogrammed

Soon, very very soon, individuals who suffer of erectile dysfunction, aka, the warmongers, will seize the airways and proclaim that North Korea must be attacked because , horrors of horrors it is acting as a sovereign country.

This O/P is some moron whom I already put onto my ignore list.

You should probably do the same Gunny.

Semper Fi.

So over a year before the unprovoked attack on the South you claim the South attacked the North? Must have been a stealthy war indeed.

secret testimony before Congress of CIA director Admiral Hillenkoeter proved US responsibility for the war.

Buffett, Republican anti-interventionist from Iowa, went to his grave demanding the declassification of that crucial testimony: alas, to no avail. And yet what we do know is this: the US government had ample warnings of the pending North Korean invasion, via intelligence reports sent to top cabinet officials well before the June 25 commencement of large-scale hostilities.

As to who did in reality fire that shot, Bruce Cumings, head of the history department at the University of Chicago, gave us the definitive answer in his two-volume The Origins of the Korean War, and The Korean War: A History: the Korean war started during the American occupation of the South, and it was Rhee, with help from his American sponsors, who initiated a series of attacks that well preceded the North Korean offensive of 1950. From 1945-1948, American forces aided Rhee in a killing spree that claimed tens of thousands of victims: the counterinsurgency campaign took a high toll in Kwangju, and on the island of Cheju-do – where as many as 60,000 people were murdered by Rhee’s US-backed forces.".

... and armed unicorns galloped across the 38th Parallel inciting the peaceful peoples of North Korea, who tried to chase them back by throwing daisies at them.

... and armed unicorns galloped across the 38th Parallel inciting the peaceful peoples of North Korea, who tried to chase them back by throwing daisies at them.

I understand that you can not rebut or refute. Are yu employed by war profiteers, do you have difficulty getting a hard on?

'fess up.

I understand that you can not rebut or refute. Are yu employed by war profiteers, do you have difficulty getting a hard on?

'fess up.

I can think of no reason to waste me time refuting nonsense like yours posts. You have proven yourself unable to absorb rational facts.

I have better things to do ... my toenails need trimming.

'fess up.

I can think of no reason to waste me time refuting nonsense like yours posts. You have proven yourself unable to absorb rational facts.

I have better things to do ... my toenails need trimming.

Don't even try.

The evidence is irrefutable .

Sorry you were taken, again.

Having backed the Maoists during World War II, in cooperation with the Soviet Union, the US had already "lost" China, and Truman was determined not to "lose" Korea, too. In spite of the fact that he had ample warning of the North Korean offensive, the President used this "surprise attack" to justify sending American troops to Korea to keep Rhee in power, and in doing so neglected to go to Congress for approval – or even give them advance notice.

Republicans were outraged: Sen. Robert A. Taft and others denounced this usurpation of Congress’s constitutional duty as a dangerous precedent that would come back to haunt us – as it surely did in Vietnam, and continues to do so to this day. In the months prior to the war, anti-interventionist Republicans in Congress had succeeded in defeating the administration’s $60 million aid package to the Rhee regime (by one vote!), but this was later reversed on account of pressure from the well-funded China Lobby. Now Truman had sent our troops to fight in a foreign war as if he were a Roman emperor ordering his legionnaires into Gaul."

What does this have to do with Politics?

I was under the impression that Trump is an elected politician.........

Your whole thread is about the conspiracy theory that South Korea started the Korean war not North Korea... was Trump President in 1950?

The whole thread is about the HISTORICAL FACT that South Korea started the Korean war not North Korea...

Since Trump was not in office in 1950

Since the US should not be helping Japan

Since Trump has succumbed to the CIA and the warmongers

the thread is necessary

What does this have to do with Politics?

I was under the impression that Trump is an elected politician.........

Your whole thread is about the conspiracy theory that South Korea started the Korean war not North Korea... was Trump President in 1950?

The whole thread is about the HISTORICAL FACT that South Korea started the Korean war not North Korea...

Since Trump was not in office in 1950

Since the US should not be helping Japan

Since Trump has succumbed to the CIA and the warmongers

the thread is necessary

Yeah... maybe in the History forum. Or the World forum. Or the conspiracy Forum. NOT the Politics forum.

It's about the politics of paranoia started by Truman at great cost to the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back