Korean Government offers 3D Printers to Individuas for free

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
Korean Government to Invest Heavily in 3D Printing, Offering 3D Printers to Individuals and Small Businesses for Free

The government yesterday announced its plan to nurture the local 3-D printing industry and has will supply printers for small and midsize companies to use for free.

For its project, the Industry Ministry will spend 2.4 billion won ($2.3 million) this year to set up centers with printers, most of which will be imported, that can be used by the companies, and it will teach employees how to operate them.

Starting next year, the ministry will lend 3-D printers to individual businesspeople and small companies for free.

3-D printers get support from gov?t-INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

And your government does what for you?

Our government just takes but that's a different thread. It's interesting that the government would invest in something so obscure. They must see it blossoming into a boon for their economy??

To answer Mr. H's question, I would make a Denver Broncos hood ornament. :)

Name one thing that you would make with a 3-D printer.

Toys, a House, parts, etc.

You can make almost anything with it. You can take a photo of something and can make it in 3D.
It is like free labor, you don't have to have a warehouse because you can make something on the spot, you don't have to import parts, etc.

Our government just takes but that's a different thread. It's interesting that the government would invest in something so obscure. They must see it blossoming into a boon for their economy??

To answer Mr. H's question, I would make a Denver Broncos hood ornament. :)

It really will be the wave of the future.

The 3D printing technology is used for both prototyping and distributed manufacturing with applications in architecture, construction (AEC), industrial design, automotive, aerospace, military, engineering, dental and medical industries, biotech (human tissue replacement), fashion, footwear, jewelry, eyewear, education, geographic information systems, food, and many other fields. One study has found[7] that open source 3D printing could become a mass market item because domestic 3D printers can offset their capital costs by enabling consumers to avoid costs associated with purchasing common household objects.[8]

3D printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Imagine you are a builder or engineer. What holds you back? You need tools, you need to send parts out, etc. With a printer you can make parts yourself.

Name one thing that you would make with a 3-D printer.

Think of all the spare parts that are stocked in case they are needed

With a 3-D printer you can make what you need, when you need it.

I'd make a Progressive and put him to work in my backyard

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Forum List

Back