Korea crisis deepens

I think Australian navy should have joined US navy.

---

Why?????????????? why? not a chance ...good for OZ!:thup:

I don't care if you are a warmonger but don't imply the rest of the world has to be a warmonger too. :mad:

Take your anti-anxiety medicine :)

That statement of mine was in conjunction with a scheduled naval exercise between Australian and US navies. It was not about any war.

Having said that, as a good ally, Australia should join US.

I believe that you have fallen for Chinese facade......

And it has been very-well established that your views in all such matters must pass through the filter of your irrational bigotry.

I do not have time for this non sense. If you want to debate like an adult, please do so or stay out......

= agree with my bigoted premise or I'll cry! WaaAAaa!

You are wasting my time child. Go play with someone your age.

Reinforcing my point.

You have no point therefore nothing is there that can be reinforced.

China pushes back on tougher U.S. approach to North Korea

China on Saturday dismissed U.S. efforts to adopt a stronger stance toward North Korea, testing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and the progress he hopes to achieve in Beijing on the final, most precarious leg of his Asia tour.

The day before Tillerson’s visit, he said “all options are on the table” with North Korea, reversing the approachof previous administrations and signalling to Beijing that the United States has not ruled out military strikes on China’s ally. On Saturday in Beijing, Tillerson warned that the threat from North Korea was at a “rather dangerous level.”

China pushes back on tougher U.S. approach to North Korea

And it has been very-well established that your views in all such matters must pass through the filter of your irrational bigotry.

I do not have time for this non sense. If you want to debate like an adult, please do so or stay out......

Reinforcing my point.

There's that filter of your irrational bigotry again.

Reinforcing my point.

Look in the mirror if you want to see a bigot.

Reinforcing my point.

How so?

WHY CHINA REMAINS NORTH KOREA’S BIGGEST ALLY

“China from a geopolitical point of view as well as geostrategic point of view see North Korea as sort of a buffer zone from the potential encroachment, in a sense, surrounding China by powers that are all aligned with the United States,” Arthur Dong, professor at Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business, told Newsweek Thursday. “That ring fence that’s sort of been built in the post-World War II period with American allies, starting with South Korea, then on Japan, then on to Taiwan and certainly places like Okinawa and the Philippines.

“China is looking at this as potentially a military threat, and thus having a need to continue supporting its allies no matter how unsavory those allies are with the North Korean regime.”

It's of utmost importance to China to not lose ground to the U.S. , Dong said, even if it means defending a regime known for oppressing its people.

“China wants to reclaim its status as sort of the predominant power in east Asia, and in order to create that sort of perception they have to stand up for any ally in the region,” he said.

Why China remains North Korea’s biggest ally

Reinforcing my point.

What, specifically, do you mean?

Why Trump may be about to decapitate North Korea

Imagine a world without communist North Korea. For the Trump administration, it’s easy if you try.

President Trump tweeted that Pyongyang is “looking for trouble” and that he would “solve the problem” with or without North Korea’s neighbor and patron China. This was the latest in an escalating exchange of threats in which the Kim Jong Un regime threatened nuclear retaliation if “even a single bullet” was fired at the Hermit Kingdom. Meanwhile, the USS Carl Vinson carrier strike group is headed towards the peninsula, and China has deployed 150,000 troops to the Korean border, possibly to mitigate the flood of refugees that would follow military action.

The crisis is long in coming. Successive generations of policymakers have kicked the North Korea can down the road since the 1953 armistice. The Kim dynasty was allowed to maintain its totalitarian dystopia because the threat was mostly contained, and there was no solution that did not involve a general war that would devastate our prosperous democratic ally in South Korea. Instead, the world awaited the expected collapse of the nightmarish North Korean dictatorship. The collapse has yet to come.

Now the calculus has changed. North Korea has an active nuclear weapons program and is rapidly developing the capability to deliver these weapons to the United States mainland. Kim Jong Un, the communist state’s third dynastic ruler, is determined to have a seat at the strategic nuclear table. If the United States waits, one of the most bellicose, seemingly least rational regimes in modern history will have the capability to kill millions of Americans at a stroke.

Why Trump may be about to decapitate North Korea: James Robbins

China's playing the North Korea card

US President Donald Trump wants China to solve his number one foreign policy challenge - taming the nuclear ambitions of North Korea's mad young dictator, Kim Jong-un.

But China would like to use North Korea to weaken the US-South Korea alliance and undermine the US's position in Asia.

China's playing the North Korea card

North Korea celebrated the 105th anniversary of the birth of its founding father Kim Il-sung on April 15. To commemorate the occasion, it held a huge military parade in Pyongyang.

Knowing that the event would be closely watched the world over and certainly by the United States, South Korea and Japan – its adversaries in the region – Pyongyang put on quite a show.

For close observers of the country’s nuclear programme, North Korea took no chances at the parade. It laid bare its nuclear weapons strategy in a display that should have put to rest any sweet tempered and optimistic ideas that it is nothing more than a bargaining chip to extract concessions from the West and South Korea.

The conclusion of the parade, when North Korea usually shows off its heavy armour, artillery and ballistic missile systems and launchers, was especially expressive this year.

Among the new systems and configurations on display, we saw new launchers for Pyongyang’s previously ship-based Kumsong-3 anti-ship cruise missile.

Opinion: parade shows N Korea prepared to wage nuclear war

theliq

Finally we found something more interesting than v****a :)

---

North Korea warns Australia of nuclear strike for 'blindly' following US

North Korea has warned Australia is "coming within the range of a nuclear strike" over their support for the United States' approach to the isolated country.

During a visit from US Vice President Mike Pence, Australia's Foreign Minister Julie Bishop told media she supports the US' foreign policy of keeping "all options on the table" in regards to the totalitarian dictatorship's provocative actions in the region.

North Korea's state news agency KCNA has issued a string of over-the-top threats, warning: "The Australian Foreign Minister had better think twice about the consequences to be entailed by her reckless tongue-lashing before flattering the US.

"If Australia persists in following the US moves to isolate and stifle the DPRK and remains a shock brigade of the US master, this will be a suicidal act of coming within the range of the nuclear strike of the strategic force of the DPRK," KCNZ reported, according to a Sydney Morning Herald translation.

I think Australian navy should have joined US navy.

---

The head of all U.S. forces in the Pacific canceled a planned carrier exercise with the Australian navy and redirected the Carl Vinson carrier strike group to the waters off the Korean Peninsula as the U.S. weighs a series of limited options for dealing with an increasingly unbalanced and dangerous North Korean regime.

In a release Saturday afternoon, U.S. Pacific Command announced the cancellation and redeployment of Vinson. Announcing carrier movements in advance is rare, and generally done to send a clear message.

"Admiral Harry Harris, Commander, U.S. Pacific Command, has directed the Carl Vinson Strike Group to sail north and report on station in the Western Pacific Ocean after departing Singapore April 8," the release said.

“Carl Vinson Strike Group, including Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70), embarked Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 2, Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers USS Wayne E. Meyer (DDG 108) and USS Michael Murphy (DDG 112), and Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Lake Champlain (CG 57), will operate in the Western Pacific rather than executing previously planned port visits to Australia.”

The release does not specifically mention North Korea, but two defense officials who spoke to Navy Times Sunday said the move is designed to send a message to North Korea and to increasingly nervous allies such as Japan and South Korea that the U.S. is ready to defend them.

“It’s designed to send a message to our allies and all the nations in the region,” one official said. “With Vinson comes a lot of options for leadership.”

Korea crisis deepens as the US dispatches the Carl Vinson strike group to the region
It was all a bluff.

DJ Trump was bluffing.

The carrier task force was NOT on their way to N.Korea.

They/it was on the way to Alaska.

theliq

---

North Korea has warned Australia is "coming within the range of a nuclear strike" over their support for the United States' approach to the isolated country.

During a visit from US Vice President Mike Pence, Australia's Foreign Minister Julie Bishop told media she supports the US' foreign policy of keeping "all options on the table" in regards to the totalitarian dictatorship's provocative actions in the region.

North Korea's state news agency KCNA has issued a string of over-the-top threats, warning: "The Australian Foreign Minister had better think twice about the consequences to be entailed by her reckless tongue-lashing before flattering the US.

"If Australia persists in following the US moves to isolate and stifle the DPRK and remains a shock brigade of the US master, this will be a suicidal act of coming within the range of the nuclear strike of the strategic force of the DPRK," KCNZ reported, according to a Sydney Morning Herald translation.

bump !!!

theliq

---

bump !!!

Trump :)

yiostheoy,

I thought you said that the aircraft carrier was in Alaska. It is right there in one of the China seas. I guess it is too early to tell if Trump is bluffing or he is serious.

---

North Korea threatens to sink US aircraft carrier

Tokyo (CNN)North Korea on Sunday threatened to sink an American aircraft carrier that is beginning joint drills with two Japanese destroyers in the western Pacific Ocean.

The USS Carl Vinson will be joined by the Ashigara and Samidare destroyers in "tactical training" drills near the Philippines, the Japan Maritime Self Defense Force said.

North Korea's state-run newspaper Rodong Sinmun said in an editorial the country is ready to illustrate its "military force" by sinking a "nuclear-powered aircraft carrier with a single strike."

The state newspaper claimed to have weaponry which "can reach continental US and Asia Pacific region" and the "absolute weapon," hydrogen bomb.

North Korea threatens US ship starting drills - CNNPolitics.com

yiostheoy,

I thought you said that the aircraft carrier was in Alaska. It is right there in one of the China seas. I guess it is too early to tell if Trump is bluffing or he is serious.

---

North Korea threatens to sink US aircraft carrier

Tokyo (CNN)North Korea on Sunday threatened to sink an American aircraft carrier that is beginning joint drills with two Japanese destroyers in the western Pacific Ocean.

The USS Carl Vinson will be joined by the Ashigara and Samidare destroyers in "tactical training" drills near the Philippines, the Japan Maritime Self Defense Force said.

North Korea's state-run newspaper Rodong Sinmun said in an editorial the country is ready to illustrate its "military force" by sinking a "nuclear-powered aircraft carrier with a single strike."

The state newspaper claimed to have weaponry which "can reach continental US and Asia Pacific region" and the "absolute weapon," hydrogen bomb.

North Korea threatens US ship starting drills - CNNPolitics.com
The aircraft carrier that the White House said was headed to North Korea last week is finally heading that way

Forum List

Back