Koch Brothers Freeze Out Donald Trump

The GOP has just admitted that it is controlled by the Koch bros. :D

How so?

Per the OP:

"the Koch political operation appears to have concluded that Trump is the wrong standard-bearer for the GOP. "

That's the Koch Bros' decision and their money to do with what they please, just like any other donor or PAC. How does that translate into the GOP admitting the Koch Bros allegedly control their party? I saw no such admission made by any member of the GOP anywhere.

So just because there is no outright admission of corruption then it isn't happening in the GOP?

But that's not what you said now, is it.

You asked for an explanation as to how I arrived at that conclusion and I provided it.

I don't think that Trump has considered that if he should win the White House he will have Secret Service around him for the rest of his life, eliminating all privacy. Doesn't sound like something he would enjoy.

T-Rump won't enjoy the in-depth vetting he will get from the media if he becomes the GOP candidate.

Per the OP:

"the Koch political operation appears to have concluded that Trump is the wrong standard-bearer for the GOP. "

That's the Koch Bros' decision and their money to do with what they please, just like any other donor or PAC. How does that translate into the GOP admitting the Koch Bros allegedly control their party? I saw no such admission made by any member of the GOP anywhere.

So just because there is no outright admission of corruption then it isn't happening in the GOP?

You asked for an explanation as to how I arrived at that conclusion and I provided it.

Your explanation still does not support your original statement.

If it were true I doubt Trump gives a shit what the Koch brothers have to say. He's a billionaire and he sure as shit don't need their money.

:lol:

Do you have any idea how much Charles and David Koch are worth? They could outspend Donald Trump several times over even if we took the figures Donald Trump claims to be worth as fact. Saying that ANY GOP nominee doesn't need the Koch brothers support is utterly and completely ludicrous. If David and Charles Koch decide they don't want the GOP to support Donald Trump, he will NOT get the nomination. Bank on it.

As for a later remark about Soros, again, do you know what he's worth vs what the Koch brothers are worth? Republicans don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to pointing fingers at the left for Soros when they have two far right wing donors worth twice as much as Soros. That argument isn't just tired, it's stupid.

That may be but Trump doesn't need their money at all.

The DNC has big donors as does te GOP. They all spend money on the parties.

Nothing is going to change that until someone who doesn't need the money gets elected.

Yes, he does. If the Koch brothers don't want him to get the Republican nomination, he won't. They can outspend him over and over and over and over ad nauseam and between their influence and his inability to not be a complete toolbag, he won't get the nomination. Period. They have far more political power than anyone else in the GOP and that's why so many people say they control the party.

You forget that he's leading the national polls because he's saying things people like. People who vote.

Will that have any bearing on what those with the money will do??

Don't know. Only time will tell on that one.

Clearly it doesn't or the Koch brothers wouldn't be shutting him out. They don't give a damn about polling numbers, they want the best candidate their money can buy and that's not Donald Trump. He's a loose cannon that is really only speaking for the far right wing of the party.

I disagree.

I doubt they will donate to a candidate that can't win.

Trumps not one of those DC mouth breathers. He speaks his mind. He can't be bought.

If that's a loose cannon I'll take it.

I don't think he's far right wing at all. All those polled aren't far right and he's saying things they like.

Only time will tell though. Just have to wait and see. Should be way interesting.

The GOP has just admitted that it is controlled by the Koch bros. :D

And by dissing T-Rump they are almost certain to give him the motivation to run as a 3rd party candidate.

Which means that the GOP with lose in 2016 and the Koch's will have wasted another couple of billion without realizing their dream of destroying American by turning it into a Libertarian nightmare.

Sounds like a win-win for the Dems.

I believe you meant to say a FASCIST nightmare.

Per the OP:

Money has always corrupted politics and always will. To deny that is to deny reality.

:lol:

Do you have any idea how much Charles and David Koch are worth? They could outspend Donald Trump several times over even if we took the figures Donald Trump claims to be worth as fact. Saying that ANY GOP nominee doesn't need the Koch brothers support is utterly and completely ludicrous. If David and Charles Koch decide they don't want the GOP to support Donald Trump, he will NOT get the nomination. Bank on it.

As for a later remark about Soros, again, do you know what he's worth vs what the Koch brothers are worth? Republicans don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to pointing fingers at the left for Soros when they have two far right wing donors worth twice as much as Soros. That argument isn't just tired, it's stupid.

That may be but Trump doesn't need their money at all.

The DNC has big donors as does te GOP. They all spend money on the parties.

Nothing is going to change that until someone who doesn't need the money gets elected.

Yes, he does. If the Koch brothers don't want him to get the Republican nomination, he won't. They can outspend him over and over and over and over ad nauseam and between their influence and his inability to not be a complete toolbag, he won't get the nomination. Period. They have far more political power than anyone else in the GOP and that's why so many people say they control the party.

You forget that he's leading the national polls because he's saying things people like. People who vote.

Will that have any bearing on what those with the money will do??

Don't know. Only time will tell on that one.

Clearly it doesn't or the Koch brothers wouldn't be shutting him out. They don't give a damn about polling numbers, they want the best candidate their money can buy and that's not Donald Trump. He's a loose cannon that is really only speaking for the far right wing of the party.

I disagree.

I doubt they will donate to a candidate that can't win.

Trumps not one of those DC mouth breathers. He speaks his mind. He can't be bought.

If that's a loose cannon I'll take it.

I don't think he's far right wing at all. All those polled aren't far right and he's saying things they like.

Only time will tell though. Just have to wait and see. Should be way interesting.

They will support candidates they can control, that's what they do. Charles Koch already named the candidates they are watching and Scott Walker seems to be David Koch's clear favorite. They WILL NOT back Trump which means he WILL NOT get the GOP nomination.

Money has always corrupted politics and always will. To deny that is to deny reality.

NOT IF WE WERE A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC- WHEREIN RIGHTS ARE SECURED BY THE DOCUMENT

NOW WE ARE A DEMOCRACY - AN ARISTOCRACY OF PULL - WHERE OUR RIGHTS DEPEND ON BUREAUCRATIC DISCRETION HENCE $$$$$ ARE A FACTOR.

I dunno that they really encourage him to run as a third party. But, yes, the Kochs (and Adelson and Freeze) control the GOP. A candidate cannot veer from the anti-regulation of capital, pro-uberZionism and Christian fundamentalist ideology. And Jeb is toast with his moderate view of immigration reform. And Trump is theoretically a threat to all of that.

The Koch's aren't doing it directly but you have to understand the mentality of someone like T-Rump. He will take this personally and will seek revenge for being dissed. That is just the kind of person that he is and this is a really dumb move by the Koch's IMO.

I don't really disagree with you, but I think the issue is bigger than the Kochs, and why I think the Donald may be a good thing ... overall. After the debacle in 12, some within the GOP began to think .... ah maybe Citizens United wasn't so good FOR US after all. Foster-Freeze bankrolled Rick "theocracy" Santorum, and Adelman bankrolled Newt "I give my nuts for Israel to expand wherever it wants" Gingrich. Having them in the race beyond any chance of them winning, coupled with the tea party which the Kochs were still funding at the time, caused Romney to stake himself to a hill that Obama killed him on.

That is, some ten or so multi-billionaires who own a enough stock in corporations to control them used corporate dollars to push personal agendas, and deny funding to anyone who didn't swear fealty to their agendas. Trump is a threat to them.

And, somewhat conversely, Citizens United had sort of an opposite effect on the dems. They have their own billionaire donors, but they are actually hostile to Citizens United in that they'd be ok with the scotus limiting their power, and the dems have actually been pushed towards more progressive positions in terms of immigration and income inequality. Immigration is a weird issue, in that the Kochs and Mainstreet GOP acutally support amnesty, but it's become a bit of a social wedge issue with the old and angry white people.

"Immigration is a weird issue, in that the Kochs and Mainstreet GOP acutally support amnesty, but it's become a bit of a social wedge issue with the old and angry white people."

The Immigration issue is bigger than that. Legal immigrants, people living on the borders and out of work middle Americans, some minorities and most whites make up a powerful voting block.

Forum List

Back