Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill H.R.3200 - Key Points

Watched the first 2 minutes.

Not a single thing mentioned is true.

That is the typical liberal reply to something like this...deny the entire thing without refuting a single claim.

Pick one or more of the claims (that are identified for you by page and section number) ....get yourself a copy of the bill and PROVE THAT THE CLAIM IS A LIE!!!

You don't understand how this works, do you?

It's not my responsibility to prove it's false - it's video's responsibility to prove it's true.

Why don't you go through it, and actually post the relevant text for each of the claims made by the video?

Now that I've cleared up what the Exchanges do for you do you have any other questions Doc?

Watched the first 2 minutes.

Not a single thing mentioned is true.

That is the typical liberal reply to something like this...deny the entire thing without refuting a single claim.

Pick one or more of the claims (that are identified for you by page and section number) ....get yourself a copy of the bill and PROVE THAT THE CLAIM IS A LIE!!!

You don't understand how this works, do you?

It's not my responsibility to prove it's false - it's video's responsibility to prove it's true.

Why don't you go through it, and actually post the relevant text for each of the claims made by the video?

You declared it to be false, that makes it your responsibility.

3200 isn't the health care bill. You want 3590.

Granted, none of that stuff was even true about 3200 but it's particularly irrelevant given that's it not even about the Affordable Care Act.

Read page 59 of the healthcare bill. They will have real time access to our bank accounts to transfer funds for medical costs.

Why don't you go ahead and find that for us? Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. We'll wait.

Their job is to set the overage standards AND set the premiums that can be charged....the following are the MINIMUM Coverages DICTATED by the Exchanges....

1) You're still reading the wrong legislation, which I find mindboggling. How hard is to Google the name of the actual piece of legislation to find it?

2) Exchanges don't set premiums.

3) Essential benefit packages are defined by states, generally based on the best-selling plans in their markets.

Granted, none of that stuff was even true about 3200 but it's particularly irrelevant given that's it not even about the Affordable Care Act.

Read page 59 of the healthcare bill. They will have real time access to our bank accounts to transfer funds for medical costs.

Why don't you go ahead and find that for us? Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. We'll wait.

Their job is to set the overage standards AND set the premiums that can be charged....the following are the MINIMUM Coverages DICTATED by the Exchanges....

1) You're still reading the wrong legislation, which I find mindboggling. How hard is to Google the name of the actual piece of legislation to find it?

3) Essential benefit packages are defined by states, generally based on the best-selling plans in their markets.
Excuse me but

America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3200/text

I'm just going to laugh at you old man....the Exchanges work exactly the same...I am sorry, I know you needed something different....the ONLY flexibility provided was that the States could control Policies in their jurisdictions IF they didn't take Federal Money, the moment Fed dollars are taken all of the Fed rules kick in which are the 3200 rules.

You aren't up for this dad.

Excuse me but

Yeah, that's not the bill that was passed. Did you miss this disclaimer at the top of the page?

This bill is obsolete. To read, comment and link to the current health care reform bills in Congress, see the links below:

Senate Bill: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

House Bill: Affordable Health Care for America Act

SEC. 1301. QUALIFIED HEALTH PLAN DEFINED.

(a) Qualified Health Plan- In this title:
(1) IN GENERAL- The term `qualified health plan' means a health plan that--
(A) has in effect a certification (which may include a seal or other indication of approval) that such plan meets the criteria for certification described in section 1311(c) issued or recognized by each Exchange through which such plan is offered;
(B) provides the essential health benefits package described in section 1302(a); and
(C) is offered by a health insurance issuer that--
(i) is licensed and in good standing to offer health insurance coverage in each State in which such issuer offers health insurance coverage under this title;
(ii) agrees to offer at least one qualified health plan in the silver level and at least one plan in the gold level in each such Exchange;
(iii) agrees to charge the same premium rate for each qualified health plan of the issuer without regard to whether the plan is offered through an Exchange or whether the plan is offered directly from the issuer or through an agent; and
(iv) complies with the regulations developed by the Secretary under section 1311(d) and such other requirements as an applicable Exchange may establish.

Bill Text - 111th Congress (2009-2010) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Point out the difference dad.

I'm just going to laugh at you old man....

I hope you don't mind if I fail to return the favor, junior.

the Exchanges work exactly the same...

"The exchanges"? Why plural, if you believe what you just posted is the health care law?

the ONLY flexibility provided was that the States could control Policies in their jurisdictions IF they didn't take Federal Money, the moment Fed dollars are taken all of the Fed rules kick in which are the 3200 rules.

Cool, more stuff you're making up on the fly. Very interesting!

Yeah, that's not the health care law. You've heard of the Affordable Care Act, I hope? It's a public law passed by the 111th Congress. It certainly ain't what you just posted.

What is the link I just posted?

A different version of the law that wasn't passed.

America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Point out the difference dad.

The difference between what you said and what you just posted? The fact that exchanges don't set premiums, nor is the federal government setting the essential benefits package.

Oh, and you've suddenly started looking at the Affordable Care Act, which is excellent progress.

Excuse me but

Yeah, that's not the bill that was passed. Did you miss this disclaimer at the top of the page?

This bill is obsolete. To read, comment and link to the current health care reform bills in Congress, see the links below:

Report Content of Specific Issue field
Prescrition Drug User Fees The Prescription Drug Marketing Act and issues relating to anti-counterfeiting/pedigree issues Drug importation issues Drug safety and inspection of drug manufacturing facilities H.R. 759, Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 Health Care Reform, including H.R. 3200, Americas Healthy Future Act, S. 1679, the Affordable Health Choices Act, HR 3590, HR 3780, and S. 1728. H.R. 3962, Affordable Healthcare for America S. 3590, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act H.R. 2847
Prescrition Drug User Fees The Prescription Drug Marketing Act and issues relating to anti-counterfeiting/pedigree issues Drug importation issues Drug safety and inspection of drug manufacturing facilities H.R. 759, Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 Health Care Reform, including H.R. 3200, Americas Healthy Future Act, S. 1679, the Affordable Health Choices Act, HR 3590, HR 3780, and S. 1728. H.R. 3962, Affordable Healthcare for America S. 3590, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act H.R. 2847

OpenSecrets: Specific Issue

Really?

Really?

I have no idea what point you're trying to make with that post, but it doesn't change the fact that HR 3200 didn't pass.

I'm just going to laugh at you old man....

I hope you don't mind if I fail to return the favor, junior.

the Exchanges work exactly the same...

"The exchanges"? Why plural, if you believe what you just posted is the health care law?

the ONLY flexibility provided was that the States could control Policies in their jurisdictions IF they didn't take Federal Money, the moment Fed dollars are taken all of the Fed rules kick in which are the 3200 rules.

Cool, more stuff you're making up on the fly. Very interesting!

Each State establishes its own exchange dad.
Sorry.

Yeah, that's not the health care law. You've heard of the Affordable Care Act, I hope? It's a public law passed by the 111th Congress. It certainly ain't what you just posted.

What is the link I just posted?

A different version of the law that wasn't passed.

America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
3200 never died I don't know where your wiki source got it's information it's plastered all over the the piece of legislation your defending

Really?

I have no idea what point you're trying to make with that post, but it doesn't change the fact that HR 3200 didn't pass.

If it didn't pass why are they including it as if it did? including H.R. 3200 would mean what?

Each State establishes its own exchange dad.
Sorry.

No kidding. So why did you post legislation clearing establishing a single national exchange and pretend you were quoting the Affordable Care Act? Did you know it was defunct legislation that died three years ago and just figured you'd wing it?

3200 never died

All unpassed legislation from that Congress died at the end of the 111th Congress. Including 3200.

Forum List

Back