Know anybody who quit the 9-5 and pursued what they love to do?

There's got to be someone here who escaped the 9-5 matrix or at least knows somebody who did. Speak! (please :))

I remember a Ron Paul clip on youtube where they ask him on what kind of advice he would give to young people and finding what you love to do is exactly what he says. Invest in yourself, find a skill, help people - something along those lines so I want to follow his advice.

Some cool points of view on this site:

Why Work? // Index

I found it inspiring a few years back when I was in your shoes. I got into programming, and fell in love with it. Now I work from home writing code. Mostly seems like 'play' to me.

There's got to be someone here who escaped the 9-5 matrix or at least knows somebody who did. Speak! (please :))

I remember a Ron Paul clip on youtube where they ask him on what kind of advice he would give to young people and finding what you love to do is exactly what he says. Invest in yourself, find a skill, help people - something along those lines so I want to follow his advice.

Some cool points of view on this site:

Why Work? // Index

I found it inspiring a few years back when I was in your shoes. I got into programming, and fell in love with it. Now I work from home writing code. Mostly seems like 'play' to me.

And there is a key to happiness. Sometimes I would enjoy the work so much, and it was so much fun to do, it seemed amazing that I was getting paid to do it.

Then there were the other sides of self employment that I don't miss, but for me, not a lot of them.

Sept 22 2007 left for lunch,never went back,I am using the skills that had been enriching others for myself,the boss is still a prick LOL,some long hours,but if I want to play a round of pasture pool,or sit in my hot tub for another 30 min drinking my morning coffee I can.

Not to say there hasn't been a few sleepless nights and frustrations,but Haven't needed to borrow a penny.

And yes I built it.

Dabbled with c++ just bread board stuff,have programed many PLC's for machine control,it is so fun when it all comes together.I have started sometimes with a project ,and the next thing I know its 5 am.

Trying to not travel around as much,would love to work exclusively from home,But I do installs and trouble shooting so I am on the road a lot.

Dabbled with c++ just bread board stuff,have programed many PLC's for machine control,it is so fun when it all comes together.I have started sometimes with a project ,and the next thing I know its 5 am.

Trying to not travel around as much,would love to work exclusively from home,But I do installs and trouble shooting so I am on the road a lot.
I would love to get into programming but there's so many languages. I don't know which to pick and I don't want to invest time and energy into a language that will become ancient by the time I learn it :( Kudos to you though for finding what you love to do. I think it's the rare person that finds it.

Sept 22 2007 left for lunch,never went back,I am using the skills that had been enriching others for myself,the boss is still a prick LOL,some long hours,but if I want to play a round of pasture pool,or sit in my hot tub for another 30 min drinking my morning coffee I can.

Not to say there hasn't been a few sleepless nights and frustrations,but Haven't needed to borrow a penny.

And yes I built it.
Living the dream man! I'm envious but you deserve it :)

Forum List

Back