Kitty rescue stories....

Officer Johnson and his colleagues rescued three tiny kittens in the parking lot and are now taking turns to care for them until they can get adopted.
“West Division patrol officers give new meaning to ‘Protect andServe.’ Patrol officers found three tiny deserted kittens in the parking lot outside a West Division police sector. Everyone is pitching in and taking turns helping the kittens until they can get adopted! We will keep our followers updated on their progress and showcase them on our ‘Furrever Friday’ post when they are old enough for adoption!” (Fort Worth Police Department)
Great job officers!
—–
Three tiny kittens were rescued in the parking lot by police officers from Fort Worth Police Department. They are pitching in and taking turns helping the kittens until they can get adopted.​

Happy kitten getting her belly filled.​

Another officer helping out and bottle feeding the kittens.​

[MENTION=47870]Vigilante[/MENTION]

I didn't know you were a female!

Meet Roo the cat, who was found in a box on the side of the road covered in dirt and ticks. When Sophia spotted him, she knew she couldn’t leave him: “I have a surprise. We must wash him now and cuddle.”
“He was really sick when I found him and well, he had diarrhea that got all over his beautiful fur, but nevermore! Solid poops came soon after some sleep, yummy kitten food, and a warm bath,” said Sophia via reddit.
All grown up now, Roo is caring for foster kittens that are just like him.
Meet Roo the rescue cat. After a bath, he was sharing food with a new furiend.​

Tiny little ball of fluff.​

Roo cuddling with Sophia who saved him from the side of the road.​

All grown up now, Roo is helping his human mom with her foster kittens.​

“Meet Katniss the rescue! 2.5 yrs ago, we rescued Katniss from a shelter. She was a tiny kitten who was only 6 weeks and 1.2 lbs. Today, she has turned into a beautiful cat who’s loving life in her forever home,” Katniss’ human wrote via instagram.
Katniss was 6 weeks old when she was found in the shelter.​
D65F29CD-4ACD-4674-93D2-B95EF25C6FE4.jpg

They rescued her and took her to her forever home.​
736B179D-B806-4446-B559-8AB42BA99E5B.jpg

29A41406-8112-4910-BC8A-924A8C5BF1F6.jpg

She’s grown into a beautiful lady cat.​
C7363632-C94F-4F37-AE6A-54DBAA0CB334.jpg

“My box now.”​
45596327-E2CE-4A1F-8131-6F44B5909430.jpg

Happy Katniss​
78484CC4-F61D-4ED2-955E-091A3DDB106E.jpg

More than a month ago, this little feral cat was found living in a neglected lot in a neighborhood without adequate or stable source of food, water or shelter. “It took me quite a few days to gain enough ‘trust’ in order to get him. I would go by each morning and late afternoon with food and water. Usually canned cat food, sometimes tuna or salmon. Eventually he stopped running at the sight of me, and better still, he didn’t mind me sitting near him as he ate. Once I felt brave enough I scooped him up mid-meal and put him in a cardboard cat carrier to bring him home. To be clear, he absolutely thrashed in the box the whole walk home and I was terrified he’d kill me once I opened it up. Obviously our relationship is going better than expected.” said vonnegoat of reddit.
With a lot of love and patience, kitty adapted to his new home. “I think he’s really enjoying the great indoors.”
“This morning he scrambled onto my bed at 4 am. Not my ideal wake up hour, but considering the progress, I was pretty excited.”
—–
“He spent his first 36 hours indoors under my bed, refusing to move. His talents at the time were sitting absolutely still for hours on end and staring into the depths of my soul without blinking.”​

“On his second day, he started to explore my room, albeit timidly.”​

“First nap on a bed, first real step to becoming a pet.”​

“Now kitten naps everywhere, including my lap.”​

“And my shoulder.”​

“I think he’s starting to like it here.”​

“Meet Smokey my mom found her while cleaning up a burned down building,” said morinecare of reddit. “My mom is on a crew who cleans buildings that burn down or are damaged here in Detroit and that’s where she was found.”
“She’s definitely apart of our family now.”
Smokey was found in a burned down building. This is her exploring at her new home.​

The little spot on her nose… Aww!​

They rescued little Oliver and it changed his life forever.
Oliver’s human wrote: “The place my folks works at has a feral female cat who sleeps in one of the warehouses. She’s basically known for getting knocked up by the neighborhood cats and have multiple litters of kittens. She’s a very hostile and mean cat though (the kittens weren’t safe)… This continued to happen and began to become a real concern. The company my parents work for decided it’d be best to fix the cat so this won’t keep happening, but there was still a couple kittens remaining from her last litter. So, we rescued and kept the smallest one and found the other kittens good homes. We didn’t like the idea of taking him away from his mother at such a young age but considering the situation, it was necessary for his safety. He was about 6 days old when we took him home.
His eyes were just starting to open. We then made him our #1 priority for the next few weeks. We researched and did everything we could in hopes he’d survive. We did the whole deal – bottle fed with formula around the clock, made a fancy temperature controlled bed, cleaning up constant poo/pee, and tons of affection. He continued to gain weight and show signs of growth. He would even lay on my chest, purr, and try to suck on my lip and nose for the comfort of nursing. I named him Oliver from the disney movie, Oliver and Company. He is now over a year old, super lovable, and very happy. Rescuing and having Oliver as a pet has enriched my life significantly. He’s my little buddy.” (reddit)

“Rescuing and having Oliver as a pet has enriched my life significantly. He’s my little buddy.”​

This is what fostering feels like. Meet Charles Xavier.
“This little man is from a rescue litter I’m fostering. He’s called Charles Xavier and is the most wonderful little guy in the world. I’m going to miss him so much when he goes to his new home,” Charles’ fosterer wrote via instagram.
Meet Charles Xavier. He came to his foster home along with his mama and siblings. That face can melt the hardest heart.

Charles cuddling with mama.

She is very protective of her babies.​

Charles opening his eyes to see the world.

Growing leaps and bounds, Charlie is almost ready to look for a home. “I’m going to miss him so much when he goes to his new home.”​

The best part of fostering is knowing that these little ones will go to good homes and be loved and spoiled.​

This is a rescue story of a miracle kitten that was found in a field, fighting for his life. It’s amazing how far he’s come.
“He came to us one sweltering summer night very recently covered in feces and maggots, dehydrated and fighting for his life,” said Long Way Home. His condition was so bad that they weren’t sure if he would make it when they rushed him to the ER.
After a night of hard work at the ER, the kitty didn’t just survive, but was thriving. “He was fighting hard. He was cold and very thin, but he is lively, talkative, and ready to heal. He is much younger than we thought, but isn’t he gorgeous. His feet (now clean) are actually white,” Long Way Home wrote via Facebook.
“Now his name is ‘Riley’ and that’s the life he is living now that the Martell Family has adopted him! What a happy ending. Look at him standing on those newly strong legs. Look what love can do!” (facebook)
Meet Riley, a miracle kitty who was found in the field, fighting for his life. It’s amazing how far he’s come.​

This is Riley on the day he was rescued. His condition was so bad that they weren’t sure if he would make it when they rushed him to the ER.​

They removed all the maggots, gave him fluid, and got him treated. After a night of hard work, Riley fought the hard fight and began to thrive.​

Now he has found his forever loving home.​

What a happy ending!​
10520093_611952095585235_6120313854472769529_n.jpg
Look at him standing on those newly strong legs. Look what love can do!​

Not a Kitten, BUT SOMETHING I do whenever I find a sick or injured furry friend!The adult cats REALLY come around to you after an ordeal like this!

“Alchemy (we kept his original name) is FIV-positive, so he’d been at the shelter for a bit over two years. Since he understood this was his forever home, he is always in the same room as the husband and me,” Alchemy’s human mom wrote via imgur.
“Honestly adopting an adult cat was the best choice. As for my experience, I got our cat in a special shelter for animals with either behavior or health problems (SPCA Montreal Annexe). When I got there, we asked for to see the cats that desperately needed a home. The volunteers were so happy, because people usually want the fun cats or kittens… but our kitty was love at first sight. This is why I always prefer adopting instead of buying – you contribute to a healthier way to acquire a life-long companion, not just another furniture. And when they’re adult pets, you can definitely feel the gratitude they demonstrate from finding their forever home,” she added. (reddit)
This happened just minutes after 8 year old cat Alchemy arrived in his forever home.​

This little foster kitty has quite a purrsonality.
“I’m fostering four 3-week old baby kittens and this one is my favorite. Giving them back will be incredibly hard no doubt. I’ve fostered plenty of litters and it never gets easier,” said kailynm. (reddit)

Ed Sheeran, an English singer-songwriter, is well known for his love of cats. He wears his kitty sweatshirt proud. Not too long ago, he became the guardian angel to a very lucky kitty. “So basically this one month old kitten was gonna get put down so I adopted him and called him Graham,” Ed Sheeran wrote via twitter.
Meet Graham the cat who was saved by Ed Sheeran before he was going to be put down . This is him welcoming his daddy home.

“Feed me meow!”​

Graham helping Ed with his computer stuff.​

“I wanna be a rock star like you!”​

Snuggle time with his favorite human.​

Proud dad!​

After a long day, Graham loves nothing more than cuddling with his human dad.​

Meet Toes. This adorable little guy has many many digits on his big paws. How many toes do you count?
Toes was taken in by Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association. “We knew we could find a home for this special guy, and we did within a day! He has been adopted by a lovely couple who have other rescue cats. The cats will no doubt love to chase this little guy and all his many toes around and we know he will have a great life with this family,” said Morgan of VOKRA.
Meet Toes, the big foot kitty! How many toes do you count?​

He was taken in by Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association.​

He has extra toes on all his paws.​

Big adorable mittens!​

Toes has been adopted by a lovely couple who have other rescue cats.​

3133662310_c85ee72247.jpg

Flickr: MDB 28
Three kittens were found from a landfill outside Chicago last week by several employees who were picking through piles of trash when they spotted something moving in the garbage.
The little kittens were trudging through muck at the landfill last Thursday, but it was too deep to get out. The landfill workers immediately took the kittens out of the area and contacted the Animal Control and Adoption Center to come to rescue. The little ones were then taken to see a veterinarian and given proper medical care. Fortunately the kittens are doing well, healthy though still trying to deal with the trauma and are a bit fearful of people. Their health will continue to be evaluated over the next few days.
Animal Control officers are currently investigating this case, trying to figure out the person responsible for tossing the kittens into the landfill.
In the meantime volunteers are taking turns to get the little ones socialized and hoping they will find a new family to spend this Christmas with.

This is Black who used to be a feral cat and always kept a distance from her human admirer, Giane Portal, a photographer and a cat owner of seven in Brazil. Portal who met the little black panther since she was born and had many attempts to get closer to her, hoping for her acceptance, but every time she reached out, Black shyly ran away.
Portal was not planning on homing the kitty since the cat did not allow her to touch her. On top of that, she had made a promise to herself that seven cats is where she would draw the line. However, things soon changed.

Portal had another regular visit with Black. Though they were apart from a distance, Portal could vaguely see something very wrong with one of Black’s eyes which was completely out of place. It was like second nature to Portal, who quickly captured the kitty and transported her to a veterinary clinic. Black was in fact severely injured from a car accident. She was not able to keep her eye, but after many surgeries, she survived the incredible ordeal.
2832975731_ba5d32460e_o.jpg

Portal took the little poor creature home for recovery. During that time she started searching for an adopter for Black, but being an one-eyed black cat in Brazil sadly almost made it impossible for her to find a home. Eventually Portal decided to break her own promise and make the number of feline residents in her home to eight.
Black was very shy and scaredy at first and was not approachable to anyone. However, when she was introduced to two new born kittens, her motherly instinct unraveled. She began to groom and care for the kittens so much that the real cat mother became extremely jealous.
Black is now living a happy and wonderful life with Giane Portal and her many other furry friends.
2437132449_d9bfa75224_o.jpg

1608175210_f1ce0d441f.jpg

197588834_046b82bd1a.jpg

215396468_38e46988a0_o.jpg

3679194948_7bb1fbaf7d.jpg

172041029_ee5fa0e265.jpg

2882130987_32177ca837.jpg

444263606_496f34158e.jpg

2719077354_0ed9ccb51b.jpg

5082057732_f72ab2e840.jpg

Meet Felix who came to his foster home and stole everyone’s heart. They simply couldn’t part with him.
When they picked up Felix, he was one week old. “Little Felix is the smooshiest, crumpliest kitten. He might actually be a liquid. I’m not sure. I’m not a scientist.” said the foster mom via instagram.
A few weeks later, they grew more attached to the little furry baby. “Felix has found his forever home, and it’s right here with me. Every day spent with Felix is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day.” (instagram)
Meet Felix who came to his foster home and stole everyone’s heart.​

If you think Felix is cute, raise your paw!​

Napping with food on his nose.​

They couldn’t party with Felix. “Felix has found his forever home, and it’s right here with me.”​

Felix’s favorite napping spot.​

Cuddling with his human.​

“Every day spent with Felix is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day.”

Meet Quirky the cat who can’t see but he doesn’t think he’s any different.
Here’s his story via Quirky the Blind Kitten:
“Quirky was adopted by Frank and Vicky Giannangelo on San Juan Island, WA. He was found in the woods with his sisters near the San Juan Island dump and brought to the local shelter. He was almost put to sleep because he was blind, either from birth or some trauma, and had head shakes. He has outgrown most of the head shaking, but when he in intent on something, we notice a little quivering.
He is a very happy kitty and really navigates well. He will run his ears along a wall until he knows where the doors are. Sometimes he runs into the wall at a full run when he is playing with another kitty, or running around too fast. He still does not know he is supposed to lick his furs or his hind end, but they give him little wipes now and then.
Quirky wishes to bring awareness that blind kittens are great to adopt, and that they quickly adapt to their world, and that no one need hesitate if they fall in love with one…”

All grown up now! Quirky loves to nap on his human’s bed.​

Though he can’t see, Quirky never thinks he’s any different.​

Forum List

Back