Kitty rescue stories....

This is Chloe and her foster journey. When she was little, little Chloe lost her mama and sister, but she found a surrogate family that loved her to bits. “She head bumps my hand for attention, and purrs when I hold her. Such a sweet little lady,” Chloe’s fosterer wrote on instagram.
Chloe did very well at her foster home. She loved following her foster mom around, like a little supurrvisor. “Chloe follows me around the house. When I stop, she stops and does an adorable pose, hoping I’ll notice her. She’s a fun little friend to have around.”
Meet Chloe. She loves her foster mom and her surrogate family.​

Chloe and her foster buddy – beyond cute!​

Pretty little girl.​

“Chloe follows me around the house. When I stop, she stops and does an adorable pose, hoping I’ll notice her. She’s a fun little friend to have around.”​

Time for a power nap.​

Sweet, sleepy Chloe.​
\

Can’t say no to this face.​

When these tiny foster kittens came to their new home, they were welcomed by Ponzu the Golden Retriever. The kitties think he’s their new dad.

They love their new dad.​

Getting bigger and fluffier.​

After a long day of playing…​

On a side note, I lost a little 11 month old to Feline hepatic lipidosis today. We had rescued him as he only had 3 paws, and was able to get his 2 siblings and mother. Now to be very watchful that these siblings eat, and eat well.

At around 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, Phoenix Police officers got a phone call about a litter of abandoned kittens. Officer Heather Krimm and her colleagues went to the rescue.
When officers arrived they discovered five newborn kittens in a dumpster. “(Officer Krimm) attempted to place the kittens with a local Emergency Animal Clinic but the clinic could not take them,” Phoenix Police department wrote.
She consulted the Arizona Humane Society and her department so that she could take the kittens home to care for them. “Officer Krimm will care for the kittens until a foster family can be found and they can be put up for adoption.”
Office Heather Krimm from Phoenix Police department nursing a litter of kittens rescued from a dumpster.​

She took them home to care for them.​

Kittens feeling comfy and happy at their surrogate home.​

Photos by City of Phoenix Police Department.

A tiny 2 week old kitten was saved by a young boy who found him in a box. He took the kitten to his family and it changed his life forever.
“My son saved this kitten which was found in a carton box… I decided to take him to the animal hospital and then keep him at my home,” said [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jHN-nD0iM&list=UUOpxxW8rVjAhuMtgqN6VR3Q"]Nihera[/ame] via YouTube.
Airu was very skinny and sick when they took him in. After the visit to the vet’s, the whole family worked together to nurse him back to health. They fell in love with Airu and he became an important part of the family.
Now at 2 years old, Airu has grown into a handsome, happy cat.
Meet Airu, who was found in a box when he was 2 weeks old.​

Airu was tiny and sick when they found him. They nursed him back to health. Here his eyes are starting to clear up.​

They kept him company and gave him all the love he wanted. Airu loves snuggling with his favorite human.​

Feeling comfy and loved.​

“Dese mah feetz.”​

Airu’s favorite pastime is sleep.​

He also likes to supervise his human when he is on the computer.​

Airu then…​

A little over 2 years old now… He has grown into a handsome, happy and healthy cat.​

Back in ought-'70 we were cleaning up an old farm house when we heard mews from the basement.
There was a scared little Maine Coon kitten cowering in a dark corner. We loved him up and took him home. We named him Biscuit because he'd knead everything with his front puddy-paws.

That cat lived to be 20. Seriously.

The cat we have now is probably 12. She was a stray from when we lived in the country. There was a male with her, but he got runned over after a couple of years.

“Fostered for 5 weeks, returned to adoption center, cried myself home, and drove back to adopt him. Meet Gin!” kitty’s dad wrote via reddit.
He found Gin when he was looking to foster kittens. “I heard about a rescue organization in vet school and checked them out on Facebook. The kitten population explodes around this time in Australia and a lot would be put down if not taken for temporary fostering… so, since I had more than enough resources to accommodate him and his 3 brothers I took them in.”
But when it was time to return the kitty to the shelter, it became very difficult for him to part with Gin. He went back and adopted him.
Meet Gin, who came to his foster home looking to be loved.​

He was given a flea bath. Finally flea free!​

He fell asleep in his bed, curled up into a ball.​

“Take me with you!” Gin became very close to his foster dad.​

“I help you with your work!”​

“Your bed is mine now.”​

When it was time to return Gin to the shelter, it became extremely difficult. “(I) cried myself home, and drove back to adopt him.”​

“You are my forever human now.”​

“Emily came to the shelter at 3 weeks old, so cold that her temperature wouldn’t even register on the thermometer. But after emergency vet care from Pets Unlimited, she went to a Tonis Kitty Rescue foster home with a mama cat and two older kittens, where she immediately began snuggling with everyone.
After her first family moved on to adoption, she welcomed her pal Seamus, who she’s been wrestling with ever since.
She loves climbing into the crook of necks, purring for (literally) hours, and has even been caught executing the perfect forward roll,” Tonis Kitty Rescue wrote.
Emily and Seamus became inseparable. They got both kittens adopted to a home and now they can’t stop cuddling with their humans in their forever home.
Emily came to the shelter at 3 weeks old, so cold that her temperature wouldn’t even register on the thermometer.​
When Tonis Kitty Rescue found her a surrogate cat mama and two kittens, she immediately began snuggling with everyone.​
They kept her warm and comfy.​

Adorable little girl.​

Emily and her best friend Seamus were adopted together. Emily (Caoimhe now) loves nothing more than snuggling with the ones she loves.​

Meet Gatsby the little black panther. He is one of the rescue kittens from Purrfect Pals. Some people say that black cats don’t take good pictures. Well, just look at Gatsby. Aren’t these pictures absolutely adorable?
Gatsby opening his eyes to see the world.​

The level of cuteness is off the charts!​
10518103_771290236264783_1592101126_n1.jpg

Gatsby’s hair deserves an award!​

Gatsby and his buddy Ben.​

He loves the view from the shoulder.​

Just Gatsby’s head. The rest of him is back there somewhere.​

Gatsby and his sidekick Ben.​

Gatsby’s foster mom wrote via Instagram:
“13 Reasons to Adopt a Black Cat: 1. You can’t tell if they’re dirty and their teeth always look white. 2. A black cat is a great accessory to any outfit. They go with everything. 3. Black is very slimming. Holding your black cat will make you look extra slender. 4. Save time on date night – you won’t need the lint brush for your little black dress. 5. Your cat doesn’t care what color YOUR hair is! 6. Black cats are the most fun to play hide and seek with. 7. They have a “black belt” in cuddling. 8. You’ll never need to go shopping for Halloween decorations. 9. In most cultures, a black cat in your house means good luck. 10. A black cat will help you celebrate your inner ‘Goth’. 11. They are always in the best dressed category. 12. They make you look beyond the surface to find true love and beauty. 13. They are the least likely to get adopted and need your love the most.”

Five kittens were found abandoned in a battered suitcase by a passer-by in a Cardiff back street. One of the kittens was caught in the suitcase zipper.
“The kittens, who are around nine weeks old, had fleas and dirt in their fur. One of the kittens had a sore right eye but they are in a healthy condition,” said RSPCA Cardiff And District Branch.
“The cats have been placed into our care and will be made available for rehoming…”
Five adorable kittens have been saved from a suitcase.​

Kittens, when they were found.​

There are three boys and two girls.​

The litter of five are in good hands and being cared for by the RSPCA.​

Meg the 3-legged rescue dog became a surrogate mom to a litter of five kittens that he helped rescue from the ceiling of the Rochdale’s RSPCA animal center.
Meg who lost one of his legs after being rescued and was adopted by the center manager Jean Spencer, often accompanies her owner to work.
Last Wednesday evening, Meg was looking up at the ceiling and started whimpering as if she wanted to tell Jean that something was up there.
Jean began to investigate. When they found out that there were kittens trapped in the building’s plasterboard ceiling, they began to break it open. After hours of hard work, they made a huge hole in the ceiling where they found five kittens and brought them to safety.
“It was really unusual rescue. I know Meg and she was obviously worried about something in the ceiling so I thought I’d better have a look and it was a good thing I did. There was only a space in the ceiling cavity of about eight inches, so we had to make a big hole in the ceiling and work through the night to get them out. We think the kittens’ mom must have sneaked in through the roof to have them,” Spencer said via ITV.
The center believes that they have the kittens’ mother as they have caught a female cat that just gave birth outside the center. But the suspected mama cat will not look after her babies, so everyone at the center and the volunteers are working together to care for the kittens. Meg the 3-legged dog has been a great helper too.
“Meg is really fond of the kittens. She is really kind and gentle with them and is always licking them, it is very sweet to see,” Jean added.

Meet George and Elton, two tiny ginger tabbies, found abandoned in a shed. They were in poor condition when the RSPCA took them into their care. The kitties are little fighters. They have been nursed back to health and are now wearing protective coats made of baby socks to keep them warm and safe.
The ginger boys were rescued in a shed in Osterley, west London two weeks ago. They were just a couple of weeks old but severely malnourished. The RSPCA staff hand reared the little ones round the clock and now they are on their way to full recovery. The cute little coats have helped a lot in the process.
“You may wonder about the outfits,” center manager Sian Anderson said via Daily Mail. “Unfortunately these two naughty boys have a habit of suckling each other in their sleep and making themselves sore. Our nurse came up with these fabulous outfits to help stop that habit. They are made from baby socks as they really are that small. As you can see they are very happy and not affected by them.”
George and Elton are incredibly close and can’t be separated. The RSPCA are looking for a family that can adopt both together once they are old enough.
George and Elton were found abandoned in a shed, severely malnourished. The RSPCA took them into their care. The kitties are little fighters.

They were nursed back to health, wearing protective coats made of baby socks. This is one of the kitties and his dog buddy at the RSPCA.

The coats keep them warm the safe.

George and Elton are so close that they can’t be separated. The RSPCA is rehoming the two together once they are old enough.

This adorable Siamese kitten Tanzanite (AKA Tanzy) was found when she was only two days old. It was soon apparent that Tanzy was unable to use her back legs due to injuries, but the little Siamese is a fighter and wouldn’t let it stop her.
The kitten found a haven of hope at Tabby’s Place: a Cat Sanctuary in Ringoes, NJ. Through a generous grant from Paws and Claws Society, Inc., Tabby’s Place was able to rescue tiny Tanzy – and to promise her the world-class, specialized care she would need.
Even in the midst of her struggle, Tanzy’s spark was bright. Now six weeks old, Tanzy has the confidence of a tiger, and a meow that sings to the world that she is here to thrive. Although she can’t walk, Tanzy moves as quickly as any kitten, using her strong front legs to motor along and play with friends.
Given Tanzy’s young age, the Tabby’s Place team is optimistic that physical therapy may help improve her mobility. They plan to outfit her with a custom-made mobility cart. Tanzy is excited about her next chapter in life.
Meet Tanzy the kitty. She was found unable to use her back legs due to injuries but that didn’t stop her.

She found a haven of hope at Tabby’s Place.

Now 6 weeks old, she is a little tiger…
10533675_797955513569410_4803910247610159402_n.jpg

…and has a meow that sings to the world that she’s here to thrive!

They plan to outfit her with a custom-made mobility cart. Here Tanzy is moving around like a pro.

Squeak the Greek tabby cat found with half a tail and an injured leg has melted the heart of a woman from Britain. Ali Gill spent over £1,000 (over $1600) and started an international rescue mission to bring the kitty back to her home in Cornwall.
Ali met a little stray cat in an abandoned house, when she was traveling in the tiny island of Tilos in Aegean. The poor kitty was rejected by the mama cat and caught in a cat fight which left him with an injured leg.
Natacha, a French visitor, found the kitty and had been keeping him safe and treating his injury. “I arrived at the end of May for a holiday, and helped to feed him and I quickly fell for him,” said Ali. “He was very vocal as being playful, affectionate, plucky and determined to survive. He was amazing – right from the start, as soon as he saw me he started making this crying sound which is why I called him Squeak.” (Daily Mail)
“Despite his injuries he looked so lovely and healthy.” Ali knew right away that she wanted to find a good home for Squeak.
“The local people feed as many cats as they can, but they don’t believe in neutering them.” After visiting several potential homes for Squeak without luck, Ali realized how much she had grown attached to Squeak. She started calling airlines that would provide a service to transport pets. “The cost was high, but at least I knew he’d be safe, and would only have to endure a few hours of distress for a comfortable, healthy life.”
Ali went on a two month long rescue mission to fly the kitty back to her home in the UK. “Squeak the survivor made i through…. Now he’s settled in at our home. He’s very cuddly but still playful. He’s bigger and stronger, and the wound on his leg hasn’t healed completely but he no longer limps….”
“And after his long, complicated and expensive journey, he’ll have a good, healthy life where he won’t have to fight for food and shelter.”
Squeak the kitten was found on the Greek Island of Tilos with half a tail and an injured leg.

Ali Gill from Britain met the little tabby in an abandoned house. When she started feeding the little kitty, she quickly fell in love.

Ali couldn’t find a perfect home for Squeak on the island, and that’s when she realized how much she had grown attached to the kitty. She started a rescue mission to bring Squeak back to her home in Britain.

Squeak survived the long and tough journey home, and has settled down in his new home in Cornwall.

Relaxing in the sun on a comfy chair.

“And after his long, complicated and expensive journey, he’ll have a good, healthy life where he won’t have to fight for food and shelter,” said Ali.

When I had a bigger home, I fostered cats. I almost always took in adult strays but once found myself in possession of a multi-generational family that had been abandoned in an apartment. We found homes for the smallest kittens, but the older kittens, the mother and father stayed with me. Papa died during neutering surgery due to a reaction to the anesthetic. The other four (mama and three daughters) lived with me until I had to sell the house. Now, I manage to rescue a feral kitten every few years. All six of my cats are rescues. I feed my feral barn cats and provide them fresh milk daily. They are all healthy and doing well. I wish I could do more, but have so little space.
I love a good cat rescue story. Thanks for this thread!

The ULTIMATE CAT RESCUE....The ones NO ONE WANTS!!!!!

A woman from Peru has turned her two-story house into a sanctuary for sick and old cats. She treats 175 cats for feline leukemia and keeps them warm in little jumpers when it gets chilly.
Maria Torero, 45, of Lima, Peru, has turned her eight-room house into a cat hospice and spends $1,785 a month on their care according to Daily Mail.
She has built bunk beds for the kitties and are sharing all the furniture in the house with the cats, and her three children.
“I’m a nurse. My duty is to the cats that nobody cares about. People don’t adopt adult cats, especially if they are terminally ill.”
Many street cats she finds in Lima’s streets are sick, flea ridden and malnourished. She takes in adult cats to avoid spreading of the disease to new generations. She gives them medicine, sterilizes them and treats them for parasites.
All the cats are given names and when it gets cold, she gives them little jumpers to keep them warm. She said “each cat has a distinct personality.”
“My best gift of love and respect I give them in life!"
Maria Torero of Lima, Peru, has turned her two-story house into a sanctuary for sick and old cats.

She treats 175 cats for feline leukemia and keeps them warm in little jumpers when it gets chilly.

“I’m a nurse. My duty is to the cats that nobody cares about. People don’t adopt adult cats, especially if they are terminally ill.”

She said “each cat has a distinct personality.”

“My best gift of love and respect I give them in life.”

When grandpa Horst walked into the Best Friends adoption center, a cat with only one eye caught his attention. Just like the cat, grandpa Horst can only see through one eye.
“Horst and Mimi bonded at the Best Friends Pet Adoption Center in Salt Lake City just a few weeks ago,” Best Friends Animal Society – Utah wrote. After meeting Mimi, he knew right away that that was the cat for him.
You can’t see out of your right eye, and I can’t see out of my left, but together we can see the world,” Horst said to his furry companion in his home in Colorado.
“My grandfather and Mimi are truly happy together! I haven’t seen him this happy in years,” said Horst’s granddaughter Heather.
Grandpa Horst met Mimi the one-eyed cat at the Best Friends adoption center in Utah. Just like the cat, grandpa Horst can only see through one eye.

“You can’t see out of your right eye, and I can’t see out of my left, but together we can see the world.”

HT_dog_cat_friends1_ml_140822_1_16x9_992.jpg

James Roode was taking his dog, Opie, for a walk last August when the pair discovered a newborn kitten, seen here, who was trapped underneath a log.
Courtesy Lia Spilka
Opie the dog helped save the life of an abandoned kitten named Roscoe and, a year later, their owners say the two are like brothers.
“There's just a bond there that I think is exactly like human siblings,” Lia Spilka told ABC News. "There was never moment where they didn't bond. It's as if they knew from the start they'd be close."
Opie and Spilka’s partner, James Roode, were on a walk around their neighborhood in Ontario, Canada, last August when Opie heard a squeak coming from the bushes.
Opie led Roode to a newborn kitten pinned underneath a log, and the dog continued to cry and whine until his owner took the shirt off of his back to pick up the kitten and carry the injured animal inside.

HT_dog_cat_friends_ml_140822_1_4x3_992.jpg

PHOTO: Opie and Roscoe continue to be best friends a year after Opie helped save Roscoe's life.

Roode brought the kitten, now named Roscoe, to an ER vet, and Roscoe was nursed back to health.
A year later, Opie and Roscoe now lead adorable lives as the best of animal friends.
“Living with them makes life feel complete,” Spilka said, “just watching them grow to love and care for each other is a wonderful experience.”
“When it was just Opie he was happy, but now there is such a friendship and love with them that Opie seems complete,” she added.
Roscoe turns a year old Sunday, and Opie will be there to celebrate with his feline best friend.

Forum List

Back