Kitty rescue stories....

Shelter cat picks his new dad.
“I adopted a kitten last week, and the shelter got a picture of our first meeting,” said Kyle via reddit.
They named him Mac. “Right now we call him Little Mac. The girlfriend says it’s for mathematician Colin Maclaurin (we’re both math teachers) but I say it’s for the Punch Out boxer,” he added. “He is adjusting very well. He gets along with the dogs great, and has tons and tons of kitten energy!” (Facebook)
“I pick you human.”

Maymie was found outdoors at a historical landmark called Batsto in Southern New Jersey. She was just a day or two old. Her mother never returned for her.
Maymie was so tiny that no one was sure if she would make it, but the little kitty was a fighter. “Coincidentally, my husband and I were looking for a kitten to adopt at the same time she was found, and we knew one of the workers at the park where she was rescued,” said Christina M. Carrell to Love Meow.
“She was bottle fed for several weeks before we could bring her home. She was named after the woman who owned the old historical general store where she was found.
Today, Maymie is almost a year old, vibrant, playful, and thrilled to have a mom and dad (and a little human sibling on the way) who love her so much,” Christina added.
Meet little Maymie. She was found at a historical landmark in New Jersey when she was just one or two days old.

Cuddling with her new dad.

Maymie survived the outdoors and made it to her new home.

“Today, Maymie is almost a year old, vibrant, playful, and thrilled to have a mom and dad (and a little human sibling on the way) who love her so much.”

They went to adopt a kitten, but came home with two.
“(I) adopted a brother and sister kitten combo about a year ago. Didn’t have the heart to seperate them. I’m glad I didn’t,” said failMerr of reddit.
Meet Winston(Grey) and Claymor(Orange)

They went for the orange kitten, but didn’t have the heart to separate them, so they brought both home.

This is them enjoying their first Christmas together in their forever home.

Winston and Claymor today.

An employee from a nursing home brought in a basket full of six goopy-eyed kittens to get help. The mama cat made a home near a hay bale that was later removed. “Once the hay bale was gone, the momma started hissing at the wee kittens and refusing to feed them,” said Jean, animal rescuer and fosterer.
They scooped up the kittens and got them help. “Thankfully, my foster family that homeschools three kids agreed to take these squirming furballs. All were treated with antibiotics and deemed to otherwise be in good health. They were fed every four hours around the clock until transitioned to eating on their own,” Jean added.
“Being handfed, these little ones ADORE humans. They long to be held.”
This litter of six goopy-eyed kittens are cuddling with their foster mom.
Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.39.13-PM.jpg

They were found abandoned by their cat mama.
Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.38.58-PM.jpg

After many sleepless nights, the kittens have been nursed back to health. Look at the difference!
Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.39.48-PM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.40.21-PM.jpg

All the kittens have found their forever loving homes.
Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.39.25-PM.jpg

An employee from a nursing home brought in a basket full of six goopy-eyed kittens to get help. The mama cat made a home near a hay bale that was later removed. “Once the hay bale was gone, the momma started hissing at the wee kittens and refusing to feed them,” said Jean, animal rescuer and fosterer.
They scooped up the kittens and got them help. “Thankfully, my foster family that homeschools three kids agreed to take these squirming furballs. All were treated with antibiotics and deemed to otherwise be in good health. They were fed every four hours around the clock until transitioned to eating on their own,” Jean added.
“Being handfed, these little ones ADORE humans. They long to be held.”
This litter of six goopy-eyed kittens are cuddling with their foster mom.
Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.39.13-PM.jpg

They were found abandoned by their cat mama.
Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.38.58-PM.jpg

After many sleepless nights, the kittens have been nursed back to health. Look at the difference!
Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.39.48-PM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.40.21-PM.jpg

All the kittens have found their forever loving homes.
Screen-Shot-2014-08-31-at-4.39.25-PM.jpg

Precious little faces! :smile:

Margo the sweet cat mama came to her foster home with her 4 tiny kittens. All of them are grey. Can you tell these little ones apart?
“We have a young mommy cat named Margo and her four, one-month old kittens. All are grey, with various levels of floofiness. The shelter said there are two ‘girls’ and two ‘boys,’” said the foster mom via instagram.
Margo the sweet cat mama and her four very fluffy kittens. They are all grey.

“Kittens are the answer. It doesn’t matter what the question is.”

Almost all of them are looking at the camera.

Mama cuddling with her baby.

Planning their next mischief.

Oh that belly!

A worker found these tiny kittens at his work place. The mother was nowhere to be found. He knew he couldn’t just leave them behind.
Northeast animal shelter wrote:
“At about 1 pm on Friday Aug. 29, Stephen walked into our shelter with a dirty looking five-gallon bucket. He was at a work site in Peabody, MA and discovered 3 little balls of fur. There was no mother cat around and he knew he couldn’t just leave them behind, unprotected, when he went home at the end of the day. He looked around for a box but could only come up with a dirty work bucket.
When Stephen arrived at Northeast Animal Shelter he knew the bucket wasn’t the best thing to transport them in, and he was worried if he did the right thing. We assured him that he did exactly the right thing.
When we looked in the bucket, three little, hissing kittens were looking back at us. They were so cute. Once our clinic staff looked them over and cleaned them up, we got them settled in with some lunch. They were starving. We are guessing they are about 4 weeks old.
One of our adoption counselors, Carey, knew right away that she would foster these little cuties until they are big enough for adoption. Carey will make sure they learn what love is.
Stephen left with his work bucket to go back to work, having received lots of gratitude from our staff and volunteers for taking the time out of his day to make sure these babies would be safe, but…
About a half hour later, Stephen and his bucket came walking through our door. He found two more babies! We quickly reunited them with their siblings who were now resting with full bellies. These two dove right into the food bowls.
Stephen will keep an eye out for their mom each day he returns to work but today he saved five lives.”
A kind man working at a job site made two trips to the shelter to bring 5 rescue kittens to safety.

Stephen who discovered the kittens transported three kittens to the shelter and later found another two, so he went back to the shelter. The kittens were reunited.

These adorable furballs are happy and safe now.

A worker found these tiny kittens at his work place. The mother was nowhere to be found. He knew he couldn’t just leave them behind.
“At about 1 pm on Friday Aug. 29, Stephen walked into our shelter with a dirty looking five-gallon bucket. He was at a work site in Peabody, MA and discovered 3 little balls of fur. There was no mother cat around and he knew he couldn’t just leave them behind, unprotected, when he went home at the end of the day. He looked around for a box but could only come up with a dirty work bucket.
When Stephen arrived at Northeast Animal Shelter he knew the bucket wasn’t the best thing to transport them in, and he was worried if he did the right thing. We assured him that he did exactly the right thing.
When we looked in the bucket, three little, hissing kittens were looking back at us. They were so cute. Once our clinic staff looked them over and cleaned them up, we got them settled in with some lunch. They were starving. We are guessing they are about 4 weeks old.
One of our adoption counselors, Carey, knew right away that she would foster these little cuties until they are big enough for adoption. Carey will make sure they learn what love is.
Stephen left with his work bucket to go back to work, having received lots of gratitude from our staff and volunteers for taking the time out of his day to make sure these babies would be safe, but…
About a half hour later, Stephen and his bucket came walking through our door. He found two more babies! We quickly reunited them with their siblings who were now resting with full bellies. These two dove right into the food bowls.
Stephen will keep an eye out for their mom each day he returns to work but today he saved five lives.”
A kind man working at a job site made two trips to the shelter to bring 5 rescue kittens to safety.

Stephen who discovered the kittens transported three kittens to the shelter and later found another two, so he went back to the shelter. The kittens were reunited.

Very cute! Do you work with a pet shelter?

No. just rescue a batch of them ourselves each year! :)

Very nice! You have a very big heart! And adopting pets that often is sort of like working with them! :smile: The stories are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice! You have a very big heart! And adopting pets that often is sort of like working with them! :smile: The stories are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

I love all animals, but cats seems to need more help than most others.

Xander the cat (also known as Jax) has been rescued from a research lab. This is him walking into freedom for the first time. [Scroll down for video]
“Xander was legally rescued from a lab in New York, on the condition of anonymity, by Beagle Freedom Project in January 2014,” said Rachel Gruen, Xander’s new mom via Huffington Post. “He lived in a windowless lab in a tiny wire cage for the first three years of his life, and he was done being a test subject.”
A lab employee contacted the rescue group about Xander, so he could be saved and given a home.
Gruen happened to be on the rescue’s page when she came across Xander’s picture. “As soon as I clicked it and saw Xander’s handsome picture on their page, I fell in love with him and knew that I was meant to be his mom.”
Xander, a former lab research cat, now has found freedom and a loving home.

Xander (also known as Jax) and another cat Shira making their first steps into freedom (VIDEO):

Beagle Freedom Project rescued this handsome fella and found him a forever loving home.

Xander is living with several other rescue cats and he loves every bit of his brand new life.

Xander the cat (also known as Jax) has been rescued from a research lab. This is him walking into freedom for the first time. [Scroll down for video]
“Xander was legally rescued from a lab in New York, on the condition of anonymity, by Beagle Freedom Project in January 2014,” said Rachel Gruen, Xander’s new mom via Huffington Post. “He lived in a windowless lab in a tiny wire cage for the first three years of his life, and he was done being a test subject.”
A lab employee contacted the rescue group about Xander, so he could be saved and given a home.
Gruen happened to be on the rescue’s page when she came across Xander’s picture. “As soon as I clicked it and saw Xander’s handsome picture on their page, I fell in love with him and knew that I was meant to be his mom.”
Xander, a former lab research cat, now has found freedom and a loving home.

Xander (also known as Jax) and another cat Shira making their first steps into freedom (VIDEO):

Beagle Freedom Project rescued this handsome fella and found him a forever loving home.

Xander is living with several other rescue cats and he loves every bit of his brand new life.

I know this thread is about rescuing cats, but I thought you'd like to know that I just rescued a domestic rabbit tonight! I found him outside, all mangy and dirty. Now, he's in my bathroom. I'll take some pictures of him tomorrow and post them. I don't want to bother him right now. I think he needs to sleep.

Here is a picture of the bunny!! :D It's not very clear because he's been hiding in the bathroom, and I really didn't want to go pulling him out from his little hiding place, which happens to be behind the toilet, so sorry for the picture of my bathroom. I think he's potty trained because I laid some newspapers on the floor, and he went on them. LOL! I've been awfully busy today, but later I'm going to try to give him a bath to look at his wound a little more closely and I'll take better pictures at that time. He's the furry blob between the vanity and the toilet.

Snapshot_20140905_1.JPG

A tiny ginger kitty was found by workers in the yard. They took him in and the little furball started snuggling with one of the employees in his cozy little pocket. “Work is so much better with your trusty pocket kitten…”
“We found him in some crates in the yard, had to tempt him out with some ham. Poor little fellas only 3 weeks old,” said jnthnrgrs of reddit. “One of the other blokes took him in, he’s been all cleared by the vet. Apparently purrs like a drag car engine.”

Another couple of pictures of bunny. He really seems to like the bathroom. He must feel safe in there. I left the door open so he could come out, but he seems to want to stay in there for now. I went to the store and got a cage, a water bottle and some food for now. I'll just put newspapers in the cage for now. I forgot the wood chips unfortunately. He's really cute though, huh? And big! :smile:

Snapshot_20140905_8.JPG

Snapshot_20140905_8.JPG
Snapshot_20140905_10.JPG

Another couple of pictures of bunny. He really seems to like the bathroom. He must feel safe in there. I left the door open so he could come out, but he seems to want to stay in there for now. I went to the store and got a cage, a water bottle and some food for now. I'll just put newspapers in the cage for now. I forgot the wood chips unfortunately. He's really cute though, huh? And big! :smile:

View attachment 31614

View attachment 31614 View attachment 31615

THAT is one cute bunny, hope he's found a forever home with someone as caring as you!

Last edited:

View attachment 31614

View attachment 31614 View attachment 31615

THAT is one cute bunny, hope he's found a forever home with someone a caring as you!

Thank you. That is so kind. :) Yup, I guess I'm keeping the bunny! Lol!

I have an update on the bunny (I just call him "bunny" Lol). He actually came out of his shell last night and began to explore the house. Of course, I had to watch him like a hawk to make sure he didn't chew on any wires. He ran around a bit too. Cute! :smile: He's starting to feel more comfortable around me and being in my house.

Forum List

Back