King Obama I need to golf who cares if you planned your wedding today!!!

Another lie about President Obama.

SSDD

What lie Luddly? Did these people have to move their wedding to accommodate Obama?

Let's help Luddy here, there are actually far more valid responses to deflect this whole thing.

1) Their contract did include notification that a presidential event could make them move.
2) The president did call to congratulate and apologize to them
3) They were relocated by the base event staff, and everything seems to have gone off OK.

Of course being told right before your wedding that shit has to move is probably annoying as hell.

SSDD

What lie Luddly? Did these people have to move their wedding to accommodate Obama?

Let's help Luddy here, there are actually far more valid responses to deflect this whole thing.

1) Their contract did include notification that a presidential event could make them move.
3) They were relocated by the base event staff, and everything seems to have gone off OK.

Of course being told right before your wedding that shit has to move is probably annoying as hell.

All true, but the POTUS could have, and should have, said "let's not interrupt this wedding" and went and played fucking golf somewhere else.

This ranks right up there with playing golf right after informing someone that their son has had his head removed from his body.

It just shows a pattern of selfishness.

If that were me , NO WAY I play golf on that course knowing it will disrupt a wedding. NO WAY

SSDD

Spoken like a man.

No bride is happy about having her wedding effed up.

Not to mention the fact that the couple were military officers. You know, isn't Obama's approval rating at something like 15% among the military?

I know if he moved my wedding (well, at this point it would be a precious stone anniversary celebration), I would be screaming.

SSDD

Spoken like a man.

Not to mention the fact that the couple were military officers. You know, isn't Obama's approval rating at something like 15% among the military?

I know if he moved my wedding (well, at this point it would be a precious stone anniversary celebration), I would be screaming.

I'm getting married in July, and I'm involved in all the planning. I would be pissed, but considering that part of the contract says you can be moved, one has to expect the chance.

It's still a public relations fuck-up, and someone on his staff should have informed him of it. He didn't find out until AFTER the press called his office for comment, and only THEN did he call to apologize and congratulate.

Your PR people are supposed to stop this shit from happening in the first place.

Although I do agree it makes him look Imperially pompous.

SSDD

All true, but the POTUS could have, and should have, said "let's not interrupt this wedding" and went and played fucking golf somewhere else.

This ranks right up there with playing golf right after informing someone that their son has had his head removed from his body.

It just shows a pattern of selfishness.

If that were me , NO WAY I play golf on that course knowing it will disrupt a wedding. NO WAY

It also shows his PR people fucked up this one.

SSDD

Spoken like a man.

I'm getting married in July, and I'm involved in all the planning. I would be pissed, but considering that part of the contract says you can be moved, one has to expect the chance.

It's still a public relations fuck-up, and someone on his staff should have informed him of it. He didn't find out until AFTER the press called his office for comment, and only THEN did he call to apologize and congratulate.

Your PR people are supposed to stop this shit from happening in the first place.

Although I do agree it makes him look Imperially pompous.

It is not just thoughtless on his part. It's a freaking golf game. He's in Hawaii. It's not like that's the ONLY golf course there. Or the only time he needs to play.

It smacks of imperialism.

Forum List

Back