Kim Davis was a GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATIVE

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Her job was to serve ALL of her community. All this nonsense about her "individual" rights is nonsensical bullshit.

PRIVATE employers should be able to reserve the right to refuse service for any reason they deem and if the public doesn't like it they can sort it out with their wallets.
Having said that when our government is THE ONLY OPTION for some services they should NEVER have the right to exercise that same choice.

• Banned
She is not a martyr
She is not a justice warrior
She is not anything but a woman who will likely play the fools on both sides like a fiddle all the way to the bank

She is not a martyr
She is not anything but a woman who will likely play the fools on both sides like a fiddle all the way to the bank
Yeah, she's the cause celebre/national martyr du jour.

This hyperactive "war on Christianity" schtick is great for "the base", but I don't think it's playing very well. Even some of the GOP candidates aren't letting themselves get sucked into it.

• Banned
She is not a martyr

This hyperactive "war on Christianity" schtick is great for "the base", but I don't think it's playing very well. Even some of the GOP candidates aren't letting themselves get sucked into it.
It is the polar opposite of black lives matters and everyone i personally know is sick of it.

This era of social justice is doing nothing but further dividing the people. Finding common ground isn't hard. I do it regularly in my job with customers who like to vocalize their views. I'll never prompt the conversation but i won't shy away either.
Finding something to hate or complain about is just easier

• Banned
This era of social justice is doing nothing but further dividing the people. Finding common ground isn't hard.
Holy shit, couldn't agree more.

Everyone just has to have 100% victory.
The internet gives SMALL radical groups & individuals a voice they didn't have before. Social media imo offers more negatives to us as a people than it ever will as a positive.

Her job was to serve ALL of her community. All this nonsense about her "individual" rights is nonsensical bullshit.

PRIVATE employers should be able to reserve the right to refuse service for any reason they deem and if the public doesn't like it they can sort it out with their wallets.
Having said that when our government is THE ONLY OPTION for some services they should NEVER have the right to exercise that same choice.

Is the government the only option to marry homosexuals? What game is this?

This era of social justice is doing nothing but further dividing the people. Finding common ground isn't hard.

The internet gives SMALL radical groups & individuals a voice they didn't have before. Social media imo offers more negatives to us as a people than it ever will as a positive.
Yeah. The internet, for all its amazing shit, is a mixed bag at best.

It's nice to see you admit that the fight over marriage is all about government cash and prizes.

Otherwise, you would get married in your Church and that would be the end of it. But you go to the state to have your marriage recognized for purely material reasons.

So it has NOTHING to do with religion.

this was a comment from the article I posted on here earlier.

snip:
Anti-Christian Bigotry on the Bench and in the Media

thinkwell
Kentucky state marriage law is written throughout with the concept and assumption of valid marriage existing only between one man and one woman. This concept is integrally interwoven in the existing law such that it is not severable. Since the law has been struck down by the SCOTUS (exceeding their Constitutional authority, I might add, but that is another discussion), no valid marriage law currently exist in Kentucky. Until one is created by the state legislature, no marriage licenses can be legally issued.

Kim Davis is only guilty of following the law such as it exists. For this, she was wrongly held in contempt of court by a rouge judge whose contempt holding will likely be overturned on appeal. His actions may even be found to have been illegal (and, by rights, should be considered tantamount to kidknapping or illegal state imprisonment).

from the article : Anti-Christian Bigotry on the Bench and in the Media

Is the government the only option to marry homosexuals? What game is this?
The game of REQUIRED licences. Stop playing stupid CANADIAN

It's nice to see you admit that the fight over marriage is all about government cash and prizes.
I've said that all along idiot.

Is the government the only option to marry homosexuals?

Is government the only option to marry heterosexuals?

Nope.

You can get married by your church. What do you need the state for? It sure as shit isn't for religious reasons.

At all. It has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

I have no idea why you retards have not yet figured that out.

snip:

thinkwell
Kentucky state marriage law is written throughout with the concept and assumption of valid marriage existing only between one man and one woman. This concept is integrally interwoven in the existing law such that it is not severable. Since the law has been struck down by the SCOTUS (exceeding their Constitutional authority, I might add, but that is another discussion), no valid marriage law currently exist in Kentucky. Until one is created by the state legislature, no marriage licenses can be legally issued.

Kim Davis is only guilty of following the law such as it exists. For this, she was wrongly held in contempt of court by a rouge judge whose contempt holding will likely be overturned on appeal. His actions may even be found to have been illegal (and, by rights, should be considered tantamount to kidknapping or illegal state imprisonment).

She DID infact follow existing local law BUT federal law trumps that. If it doesn't then we have no right to bitch about sanctuary cities

She is not a martyr

It is the polar opposite of black lives matters and everyone i personally know is sick of it.

This era of social justice is doing nothing but further dividing the people. Finding common ground isn't hard. I do it regularly in my job with customers who like to vocalize their views. I'll never prompt the conversation but i won't shy away either.

Did I fucking miss something? Did Kim Davis want to get national headlines? Did Kim Davis set up a group for GoFundMe? Please lay it out there if as like you said wanted to be a cause celebre.

With links of course.

AND why did she have to be jailed? Without a trial? Without bail? What the fuck is going on here?

And if you don't like what social media is focusing on.....

there's an old Canuck saying.....

Go blow dead bears.

Because if you think that for certain individuals being forced to in their beliefs facilitate a sin before big G or Jehovah or Allah is just bullshit you really need to go out there and blow fucking dead bears if you think its a fucking nothing for these people.

She is not a martyr

Did I fucking miss something? Did Kim Davis want to get national headlines? Did Kim Davis set up a group for GoFundMe? Please lay it out there if as like you said wanted to be a cause celebre.

With links of course.

AND why did she have to be jailed? Without a trial? Without bail? What the fuck is going on here?

And if you don't like what social media is focusing on.....

there's an old Canuck saying.....

Go blow dead bears.

Because if you think that for certain individuals being forced to in their beliefs facilitate a sin before big G or Jehovah or Allah is just bullshit you really need to go out there and blow fucking dead bears if you think its a fucking nothing for these people.
Your opinion is irrelevant Canuk.

Nothing i hate worse than an outsider thinking their input is relevant to MY LIFE.

Go smoke a bong & dream about Woodstock old timer

snip:

thinkwell

She DID infact follow existing local law BUT federal law trumps that. If it doesn't then we have no right to bitch about sanctuary cities

the supreme court can't make laws. so how is this now a Federal law? I don't think you can compare those two. sanctuary cities and what's happening with this case

snip:

thinkwell

the supreme court can't make laws. so how is this now a Federal law?
It is illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation is it not?

snip:

thinkwell

the supreme court can't make laws. so how is this now a Federal law? I don't think you can compare those two. sanctuary cities and what's happening with this case
and what ever happened to taking someone to court before tossing them in jail,,,what happened to Kim would be something only Hitler or a Liberal would do.

Is the government the only option to marry homosexuals?

Is government the only option to marry heterosexuals?

Nope.

You can get married by your church. What do you need the state for? It sure as shit isn't for religious reasons.

At all. It has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

I have no idea why you retards have not yet figured that out.

Well you don't know me asshole. :) I've always admired the gays I know for wanting to make a relationship permanent and binding full of love in the eyes of their believers and families. Cripes. I know so many who've made it for longer in a relationship than so called "believers" like that asshole Duggar preaching the "sanctity" of marriage.

For crying out loud there was a time in my life I was lucky if I had straight friends :lol: music scene in TO. It was my life for many a year. BUT in between a rock and a hard place as a born again albeit a wild child born again I never understood the battle.

I always believed we should embrace recognizing the love of two people. That's us. As in the human race. Up to the big G and the individuals involved to take it from there.

How can I judge two people who wish to enter a bond of love for life? But I do understand that others are bound by far stricter spiritual rules. That's their faith. Hence we have issues.

Forum List

Back