Kim Davis was a GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATIVE

this was a comment from the article I posted on here earlier.

snip:
Anti-Christian Bigotry on the Bench and in the Media

thinkwell
Kentucky state marriage law is written throughout with the concept and assumption of valid marriage existing only between one man and one woman. This concept is integrally interwoven in the existing law such that it is not severable. Since the law has been struck down by the SCOTUS (exceeding their Constitutional authority, I might add, but that is another discussion), no valid marriage law currently exist in Kentucky. Until one is created by the state legislature, no marriage licenses can be legally issued.

Kim Davis is only guilty of following the law such as it exists. For this, she was wrongly held in contempt of court by a rouge judge whose contempt holding will likely be overturned on appeal. His actions may even be found to have been illegal (and, by rights, should be considered tantamount to kidknapping or illegal state imprisonment).

from the article : Anti-Christian Bigotry on the Bench and in the Media
She DID infact follow existing local law BUT federal law trumps that. If it doesn't then we have no right to bitch about sanctuary cities

the supreme court can't make laws. so how is this now a Federal law?
It is illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation is it not?

from what I've gathered. she didn't discriminate against them because they like to screw the same sex. I'm still confused over it myself. but that's why I posted that comment. I thought it gave a reason that said it was to do with the state law.
and everyone remember how all they wanted was to be able to marry. well this clerk found out that isn't all they want. they want to be treated as special and if they can't have that SUE EVERYONE INSTEAD. this is messed up

snip:

thinkwell
Kentucky state marriage law is written throughout with the concept and assumption of valid marriage existing only between one man and one woman. This concept is integrally interwoven in the existing law such that it is not severable. Since the law has been struck down by the SCOTUS (exceeding their Constitutional authority, I might add, but that is another discussion), no valid marriage law currently exist in Kentucky. Until one is created by the state legislature, no marriage licenses can be legally issued.

Kim Davis is only guilty of following the law such as it exists. For this, she was wrongly held in contempt of court by a rouge judge whose contempt holding will likely be overturned on appeal. His actions may even be found to have been illegal (and, by rights, should be considered tantamount to kidknapping or illegal state imprisonment).

She DID infact follow existing local law BUT federal law trumps that. If it doesn't then we have no right to bitch about sanctuary cities

Here's what they are going to argue and here's where they have their case. Davis was hired and given the ability to marry individuals when the definition of marriage was "between a man and a woman".

I think she could get really rich now. She was thrown in jail without due process.

I recall a few years ago when clerks and mayors issued marriage licenses to gay couples in violation of the law. They weren't thrown in jail for exercising their personal beliefs.

Accommodations are often made in both the private and public sectors for individual employees' beliefs. Such an accommodation to remove the clerk from the approval of marriage licenses could have been made, or she could have been given the option to resign. Throwing her in jail is an extreme overreaction, especially when contrasted with the wholesale violation of Federal law in regards to immigration we see at the highest levels of the Federal government as well as in "Sanctuary" cities.

I recall a few years ago when clerks and mayors issued marriage licenses to gay couples in violation of the law. They weren't thrown in jail for exercising their personal beliefs.

Accommodations are often made in both the private and public sectors for individual employees' beliefs. Such an accommodation to remove the clerk from the approval of marriage licenses could have been made, or she could have been given the option to resign. Throwing her in jail is an extreme overreaction, especially when contrasted with the wholesale violation of Federal law in regards to immigration we see at the highest levels of the Federal government as well as in "Sanctuary" cities.

Goddam! Who took away her option to resign?

snip:

thinkwell

Here's what they are going to argue and here's where they have their case. Davis was hired and given the ability to marry individuals when the definition of marriage was "between a man and a woman".

I think she could get really rich now. She was thrown in jail without due process.

She was not hired she was elected.

The judge who sentenced her to jail, which was the nuclear option.

Of course hateful morons such as yourself dig it. But the ideological Gulags you build now will ultimately become your resting place.

She is not a martyr
She is not a justice warrior
She is not anything but a woman who will likely play the fools on both sides like a fiddle all the way to the bank
Yeah, she's the cause celebre/national martyr du jour.

This hyperactive "war on Christianity" schtick is great for "the base", but I don't think it's playing very well. Even some of the GOP candidates aren't letting themselves get sucked into it.
It is the polar opposite of black lives matters and everyone i personally know is sick of it.

This era of social justice is doing nothing but further dividing the people. Finding common ground isn't hard. I do it regularly in my job with customers who like to vocalize their views. I'll never prompt the conversation but i won't shy away either.
Finding something to hate or complain about is just easier
This era of social justice is doing nothing but further dividing the people. Finding common ground isn't hard.
Holy shit, couldn't agree more.

Everyone just has to have 100% victory.
The internet gives SMALL radical groups & individuals a voice they didn't have before. Social media imo offers more negatives to us as a people than it ever will as a positive.

Did I fucking miss something? Did Kim Davis want to get national headlines? Did Kim Davis set up a group for GoFundMe? Please lay it out there if as like you said wanted to be a cause celebre.

With links of course.

AND why did she have to be jailed? Without a trial? Without bail? What the fuck is going on here?

And if you don't like what social media is focusing on.....

there's an old Canuck saying.....

Go blow dead bears.

Because if you think that for certain individuals being forced to in their beliefs facilitate a sin before big G or Jehovah or Allah is just bullshit you really need to go out there and blow fucking dead bears if you think its a fucking nothing for these people.
Your opinion is irrelevant Canuk.

Nothing i hate worse than an outsider thinking their input is relevant to MY LIFE.

Go smoke a bong & dream about Woodstock old timer

I'm not an outsider Gramps. I'm dual. I've spent as much time south of 49 as north of her. I also am more schooled in governments both sides of the border on all levels because I'm political animal.

And I can as a good old boy always said I can "garontee" I have seen more of America than most Americans and more of Canada than most Canadians. I've been everywhere man.

Well travelled. From Hilton hotels at great resorts, the El Mocambo to rocking with the GTO's at the Whiskey to Hilly's CBGB's. I own property in several provinces and sadly on the horizon I will be owning a nice chunk of real estate in Florida coming up. Father in law. Will. Looking at buying a small place in New Mexico as well.

What happens in America affects my life. My husband's life. My kids lives. I have a vested stake in both countries.

Go blow dead bears if you don't like it.

Last edited:
She is not a martyr
She is not a justice warrior
She is not anything but a woman who will likely play the fools on both sides like a fiddle all the way to the bank

This hyperactive "war on Christianity" schtick is great for "the base", but I don't think it's playing very well. Even some of the GOP candidates aren't letting themselves get sucked into it.
It is the polar opposite of black lives matters and everyone i personally know is sick of it.

This era of social justice is doing nothing but further dividing the people. Finding common ground isn't hard. I do it regularly in my job with customers who like to vocalize their views. I'll never prompt the conversation but i won't shy away either.
This era of social justice is doing nothing but further dividing the people. Finding common ground isn't hard.

The internet gives SMALL radical groups & individuals a voice they didn't have before. Social media imo offers more negatives to us as a people than it ever will as a positive.

Did I fucking miss something? Did Kim Davis want to get national headlines? Did Kim Davis set up a group for GoFundMe? Please lay it out there if as like you said wanted to be a cause celebre.

With links of course.

AND why did she have to be jailed? Without a trial? Without bail? What the fuck is going on here?

Go blow dead bears.

Because if you think that for certain individuals being forced to in their beliefs facilitate a sin before big G or Jehovah or Allah is just bullshit you really need to go out there and blow fucking dead bears if you think its a fucking nothing for these people.

Nothing i hate worse than an outsider thinking their input is relevant to MY LIFE.

I'm not an outsider Gramps. I'm dual. I've spent as much time south of 49 as north of her. I also am more schooled in governments both sides of the border on all levels because I'm political animal.

And I can as a good old boy always said I can "garontee" I have seen more of America than most Americans and more of Canada than most Canadians. I've been everywhere man.

Well travelled. From Hilton hotels at great resorts, the El Mocombo to rocking with the GTO's at the Whiskey to Hilly's CBGB's. I own property in several provinces and sadly on the horizon I will be owning a nice chunk of real estate in Florida coming up. Father in law. Will. Looking at buying a small place in New Mexico as well.

What happens in America affects my life. My husband's life. My kids lives. I have a vested stake in both countries.

Nice story.

Don't give a fuck. Live here I'll care

Her job was to serve ALL of her community. All this nonsense about her "individual" rights is nonsensical bullshit.

PRIVATE employers should be able to reserve the right to refuse service for any reason they deem and if the public doesn't like it they can sort it out with their wallets.
Having said that when our government is THE ONLY OPTION for some services they should NEVER have the right to exercise that same choice.

With links of course.

Go blow dead bears.

Well travelled. From Hilton hotels at great resorts, the El Mocombo to rocking with the GTO's at the Whiskey to Hilly's CBGB's. I own property in several provinces and sadly on the horizon I will be owning a nice chunk of real estate in Florida coming up. Father in law. Will. Looking at buying a small place in New Mexico as well.

Nice story.

Don't give a fuck. Live here I'll care

*sigh* what part of I live in both countries don't you get gramps?

I have a vested stake in both countries. I play politics very heavy in both countries because I believe as citizens we have to participate and contribute far more than tax dollars.

I'm running two elections up here now and working a couple of locals in the US. We owe it to each other to care about what happens day to day. If we don't care, who the hell will old man?

If we don't care, who will? You live in Missouri correct? I have property and livelihood in Sebring, my husbands family a major stake in good land holdings in Cocoa. Florida is big in our lives. I pretty well grew up in Ormond Beach. I'm looking at New Mexico. Really liking it. Have no idea why except I love the state and the people to death.

I have no idea why you decided to turn on me tonight. I also don't care except for a smidge. Always thought you were fun. But if you want to make an enemy, so be it.

yours,

td

Of course hateful morons such as yourself dig it. But the ideological Gulags you build now will ultimately become your resting place.

The judge prevented her from resigning? From what I've read of this case, she could have resigned but chose not to, chose to prevent her employees from giving marriage licenses as well. Is that incorrect? Did she not say, in court, that she was going to continue to make her stand because it was God's will, or something to that effect? Perhaps I have been misled.

The judge prevented her from resigning? From what I've read of this case, she could have resigned but chose not to, chose to prevent her employees from giving marriage licenses as well. Is that incorrect? Did she not say, in court, that she was going to continue to make her stand because it was God's will, or something to that effect? Perhaps I have been misled.

Scuze moi, but the judge overreacted. Instead of SENDING HER TO JAIL, the judge could have provided some rational balance and justice by suggesting the option of resigning.

Instead, the MOB got to burn another Badthink Witch.

This isn't going to end well for our culture.

snip:

thinkwell

the supreme court can't make laws. so how is this now a Federal law? I don't think you can compare those two. sanctuary cities and what's happening with this case

What law did the Supreme Court make? Name it and its statute #.

Face it, Kim was a clerk BEFORE the fucked up SCOTUS changed the law.... Her religious rights SHOULD trump any gays rights pertaining to queer marriage, for the simple fact her rights are enumerated in the Constitution, and Queer rights aren't, especially changing the definition of marriage, that isn't meant to be a Constitutional issue at all... they were instituted by 9 UNELECTED citizens, that simply refused to follow the Constitution!...You will notice NO ONE ever mentions the OTHER religion, which takes Queers SLIGHTLY more serious!

M4aZxOi.jpg

The governors, the mayors and the sheriffs who maintain illegal "sanctuary cities" that give security to illegal aliens are government representatives who represent the people. Where are the federal judges?

Her job was to serve ALL of her community. All this nonsense about her "individual" rights is nonsensical bullshit.

PRIVATE employers should be able to reserve the right to refuse service for any reason they deem and if the public doesn't like it they can sort it out with their wallets.
Having said that when our government is THE ONLY OPTION for some services they should NEVER have the right to exercise that same choice.
Glad you said that, since the Kentucky community are against the Court edict.

Scuze moi, but the judge overreacted. Instead of SENDING HER TO JAIL, the judge could have provided some rational balance and justice by suggesting the option of resigning.

Instead, the MOB got to burn another Badthink Witch.

This isn't going to end well for our culture.

I don't know whether the option to resign was discussed. Nor was it something the judge needed to suggest in order for Mrs. Davis to do it, so far as I'm aware. I also believe Mrs. Davis had said she would not resign, although I could be wrong about that.

Regardless, you seemed to be claiming that the judge sending her to jail for contempt was taking away her option to resign. I still don't see how that's the case, whether it was an overreaction or not.

Clearly you have not watched nearly enough Law & Order reruns.

The governors, the mayors and the sheriffs who maintain illegal "sanctuary cities" that give security to illegal aliens are government representatives who represent the people. Where are the federal judges?
Fantastic question. Wrong thread however. This thread is not about hypocrisy

Clearly you have not watched nearly enough Law & Order reruns.

No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :p

Forum List

Back