Killer Astroid

Only tiny asteroids can hit the earth, a big asteroid will have enough mass that it will be captured by the sun's gravitational pull. An Asteroid with enough mass will be deflected by the opposing magnetic forces of our planet as well as the bigger planets in our solar system. We have a perfect solar system designed to protect us from big asteroids, our planet would of been destroyed eons go if another truth exsisted.

I'd like to see the science supporting that.

We most certainly can get hit. We've come close several times. What has done a good job protecting us so far is the fact we have a few VERY large planets that do a good job deflecting/catching lone comets. That doesn't mean a random one won't get through... in fact its likely one eventually will.

Scary fact, even a near miss could be enough to collapse our ecology thanks to gravitational forces. For example, the moon is actually a pretty decent distance from Earth and yet it has sufficient mass to cause gravitational forces and impact the tides. A large object, passing inside the moon's radius, could be devesating.

HAD to be caused by global warming ........

This is serious. They say this thing is big enough to take out new york state.

Now say something glib you fucking idiot.

Maybe if we're lucky it will break in half and take out California too! Why worry about something like an asteroid hitting the earth. Just what can you do about it except hang on and hope for the best?:lol:

only if it lands directly on Frisco....otherwise Detroit sounds good.........

Even worse, there is that great majority that believes Jesus will swope down and save all the Good Christians or God will throw a veil of protection around the planet.

They would rather believe in mysticism than face reality.
and if that did happen Dean....what would ole Deano have to say?...and im being serious Dean....what would you think?

Point is Frank that no matter how clever your punkin head is you have to work with what you have been taught and what tools you have available. I ddoubt you would ever try but if you want to prove your theory..sit down with a little chunk of steel(whoops hasn't been invented yet) but for our purposes with only the tools they had and try to fashion a simple screw. I gaurantee you will give up in a week or two.

so what if they had help?......and yes im talking alien visitors.....

No one yet has shown the slightest evidence of alien visitors. Nor that the peoples who created some of these wonderful artifacts needed any kind of help.

Point is Frank that no matter how clever your punkin head is you have to work with what you have been taught and what tools you have available. I ddoubt you would ever try but if you want to prove your theory..sit down with a little chunk of steel(whoops hasn't been invented yet) but for our purposes with only the tools they had and try to fashion a simple screw. I gaurantee you will give up in a week or two.

so what if they had help?......and yes im talking alien visitors.....

Aliens came from a bizillion light years away to make more perfect rocks for a bunch of idiots that arbitrarily sacrificed thier own kind. So these aliens are real smart except when they are real stupid?

Just when ya think ya know aliens..ya don't..bummer!

instead of destroyng the asteroid how about attaching a huge solar sail to it and changing it's trajectory?

Good God, Frank, have you never worked in industry? Just one of the backup rolls on our 4 hi rolling mills weighs 180 tons without the bearings and frame. 220 tons as it goes in. And it is removed and changed on a daily basis.

Using the tools that they had at the time, we have moved huge stones, just as they did in that time.

YouTube - Building Stonehenge - This Man can Move Anything

No, Ben Franklin did not invent electricity. He was one of the first to study it in a methodical manner.

The so called Baghdad Battery was more than likely a method to plate gold onto silver.

Battery (thing)@Everything2.com

No one is sure who invented the 1st battery; the earliest specimen of one is the "Baghdad Battery", a number of clay jars discovered in Baghdad, Iraq in 1932. The battery is believed to be around 2000 years old, constructed during the Parthian period (250 BCE to CE 250). The device itself is a clay pot with an asphalt cork. An iron rod travels through the asphalt and into a cylinder attached to the cork which partially fills the jar, but does not touch the bottom. When the battery is filled with an electrolyte, such as wine or vinegar, it produces an electric charge.

No one is entirely sure what the Baghdad batteries were for; important electronic appliances (like toasters and walkmans) had not yet been invented. Many believe that the batteries were used to cover silver with gold when making jewelry; the process of electroplating.

There were a bunch of wars and a few hundred more years passed and the Baghdad batteries were forgotten; the technology to make fake jewelry was lost.

I love your dismissive and faux superior attitude especially when claiming knowledge not your own and using it to attempt to deride someone who worked with Manhattans biggest real estate developer for 15 years, giving me access to talk with the most up to date, state of the art General Contractors about building techniques; it says a lot about you. But you're right Miss Scarlett, I'm a house worker, I don't know nothing about building large buildings.

The man in the video is clearly onto something, no doubt about it. He moved those large stone all by himself around his level, concrete platform with the greatest of ease.

Since the quarry for the Stonehenge Blue Stone was over 240 miles away all we have to do is find the portions of the overland level concrete road that eased transportation of the stones from the quarry to the construction site. Piece of cake.

I was thinking more about the following: Puma Punku where the stone clearly show signs of complex engineering and machines cuts. These were not done with deer antlers.

carved.jpg

And then at Sacsayhumana where they took the mans stone moving techniques and added a dimension to it because some of the stone have as many as 16 facets and they fit absolutely perfectly into all of the stones next to them.

pe_sacsayhuaman_zed.jpg

The explanation that the Baghdad batter was used for electroplating gold jewelry makes less sense than anything you've posted, but again, since that explanation is not your own, I cannot fault you for it.

battery.jpg

I'm more inclined to go with the idea that mankind was as clever then as we are today; that back then people were as smart as Einstein, Obama, Old Rocks and Freddo Corleone and they may have come up with more practical uses for electricity then pawning fake gold coins off on people.

dendera_light.jpg

This is from the Egyptian Temple at Dendera and shows a construction that looks an awful lot like a light bulb. This would make sense that the interiors of Egyptian temples were artificially lighted since no system of mirrors was capable of bringing sunlight into the temples while they were being built and no smoke from burning torches has ever been found on the ceiling of the interior of any Egyptian Temple. The Bablyonians and Egyptians and countless others all knew what power there was in lightning and found a way to harness electricity for their purposes.

We forgot somewhere along the way.

I'm more inclined to go with the idea that mankind was as clever then as we are today; that back then people were as smart as Einstein, Obama, Old Rocks and Freddo Corleone and they may have come up with more practical uses for electricity then pawning fake gold coins off on people.

I'm glad to see a civil discussion but I can't follow you down that road Frank...Light bulbs? The one thing that would have made that impossible is a vacume. There was no way to number one manufacture a filiment and two it took years in scientific labs to perfect a vacume bulb to keep oxygen out of it so the filiment wouldn't go off like a flash bulb. A coleman type lantern maybe..

Humans have always been curious but as clever as today? Hard to prove. They didn't have the education..They didn't have the background or scientific methodology. I know a little about invention..that's what I do. Even with todays advantages it takes time to develope an idea..a lot of time. Lets go back in time to the land of the Pharoahs. For example I may have an invention that has a hundred parts to it. We can call it a rifle for a sample project. Problem..the only thing that can be made with current technology is the wood stock. We do have knives and axes and possibly simple saws. Lets say I need a simple steel screw to even think about assembly of my wild idea. Sorry.. hasn't been invented yet. It might take over a year to make one tiny screw that doesn't break. It might take more than a year to make the tools to make the screw. Todays machining tools like bridgeport mills and brake lathes are easily 10,000 times more efficient man hour wise than anything they had..bare hands..sticks..stones ..crude metal tools all resembling knives and axes. Sure they had big old sharpening wheels but that isn't a 20,000 rpm hand held pneumatic die cutter with a carbide bit is it? The had forges and blacksmiths but first offs let alone duplication took weeks where I might make the same part better with materials a hundred times better in a couple of minutes on a lathe or a mill..then if I need a hundred of them I program one of our NC machines and voila! an hour later there are a hundred exactly the same.

draft_lens3779442module24763122photo_1238612392ancient-model-aircraft-2.jpg

Tell me what that looks like and then I'll tell you where it came from

I love your dismissive and faux superior attitude especially when claiming knowledge not your own and using it to attempt to deride someone who worked with Manhattans biggest real estate developer for 15 years, giving me access to talk with the most up to date, state of the art General Contractors about building techniques; it says a lot about you. But you're right Miss Scarlett, I'm a house worker, I don't know nothing about building large buildings.

The man in the video is clearly onto something, no doubt about it. He moved those large stone all by himself around his level, concrete platform with the greatest of ease.

Since the quarry for the Stonehenge Blue Stone was over 240 miles away all we have to do is find the portions of the overland level concrete road that eased transportation of the stones from the quarry to the construction site. Piece of cake.

I was thinking more about the following: Puma Punku where the stone clearly show signs of complex engineering and machines cuts. These were not done with deer antlers.

carved.jpg

And then at Sacsayhumana where they took the mans stone moving techniques and added a dimension to it because some of the stone have as many as 16 facets and they fit absolutely perfectly into all of the stones next to them.

pe_sacsayhuaman_zed.jpg

The explanation that the Baghdad batter was used for electroplating gold jewelry makes less sense than anything you've posted, but again, since that explanation is not your own, I cannot fault you for it.

battery.jpg

dendera_light.jpg

This is from the Egyptian Temple at Dendera and shows a construction that looks an awful lot like a light bulb. This would make sense that the interiors of Egyptian temples were artificially lighted since no system of mirrors was capable of bringing sunlight into the temples while they were being built and no smoke from burning torches has ever been found on the ceiling of the interior of any Egyptian Temple. The Bablyonians and Egyptians and countless others all knew what power there was in lightning and found a way to harness electricity for their purposes.

We forgot somewhere along the way.

I'm glad to see a civil discussion but I can't follow you down that road Frank...Light bulbs? The one thing that would have made that impossible is a vacume. There was no way to number one manufacture a filiment and two it took years in scientific labs to perfect a vacume bulb to keep oxygen out of it so the filiment wouldn't go off like a flash bulb. A coleman type lantern maybe..

Humans have always been curious but as clever as today? Hard to prove. They didn't have the education..They didn't have the background or scientific methodology. I know a little about invention..that's what I do. Even with todays advantages it takes time to develope an idea..a lot of time. Lets go back in time to the land of the Pharoahs. For example I may have an invention that has a hundred parts to it. We can call it a rifle for a sample project. Problem..the only thing that can be made with current technology is the wood stock. We do have knives and axes and possibly simple saws. Lets say I need a simple steel screw to even think about assembly of my wild idea. Sorry.. hasn't been invented yet. It might take over a year to make one tiny screw that doesn't break. It might take more than a year to make the tools to make the screw. Todays machining tools like bridgeport mills and brake lathes are easily 10,000 times more efficient man hour wise than anything they had..bare hands..sticks..stones ..crude metal tools all resembling knives and axes. Sure they had big old sharpening wheels but that isn't a 20,000 rpm hand held pneumatic die cutter with a carbide bit is it? The had forges and blacksmiths but first offs let alone duplication took weeks where I might make the same part better with materials a hundred times better in a couple of minutes on a lathe or a mill..then if I need a hundred of them I program one of our NC machines and voila! an hour later there are a hundred exactly the same.

It looks like a real fancy arrowhead. Probably owned by someone real important.

Being humbley honest, calling that an air-craft is akin to pointing out shapes in the clouds and saying God puffed out a Dinosaur. Yes, it looks like one, but it also could be just an oddly shaped piece of art. People were bored as hell back then. It's not decisive evidence of anything, intriguing though at the most.

It looks like a sting ray(with tatoos), an arrowhead, a plane with the cock-pit in the wrong place, two noses dripping facing away from each other, a simplistic abstract sculpture, two penises on the bottom with one saggy nutsac.

It looks like a sting ray(with tatoos), an arrowhead, a plane with the cock-pit in the wrong place, two noses dripping facing away from each other, a simplistic abstract sculpture, two penises on the bottom with one saggy nutsac.
gee, it looks like a crude example of a fish to me
LOL

instead of destroyng the asteroid how about attaching a huge solar sail to it and changing it's trajectory?

If detected far enough in advance, very doable. For shorter timespans, a thermonuke detonated far enough so it would not break up the asteroid, and close enough that the push from the explosion would change it's trajectory enough for a miss, would also do.

Von Daniken used that little bauble also. My answer now is the same as when he used it.

Why would beings that have conquered the Relitivety laws concerning lightspeed, be using what to them would have to be a very crude technology to fly from place to place. And why the shape of a figher plane, rather than a modern commercial aircraft?

Von Daniken used that little bauble also. My answer now is the same as when he used it.

Why would beings that have conquered the Relitivety laws concerning lightspeed, be using what to them would have to be a very crude technology to fly from place to place. And why the shape of a figher plane, rather than a modern commercial aircraft?

Because lightspeed isn't a prerequisit for alien beings to be here. There could be a yet to be discovered dimension, and they could be indigenous to Earth and have cracked the technology to change dimensions while not-yet cracking the Technology to fly at light speed. Imaginations are fun. We are rookies at physics, agree or disagree?

Come to think of it, my cock sort of resembles a Rocket. Was it intelligently designed? If so, did the designer see the future? It's also weird, if you pet it it spits at you. Disgusting and rude, really.

Come to think of it, my cock sort of resembles a Rocket. Was it intelligently designed? If so, did the designer see the future? It's also weird, if you pet it it spits at you. Disgusting and rude, really.

There are instructions for the use of your cock but they are way deep up in your ass...take a flashlight with you.:lol::lol::lol:

There are instructions for the use of your cock but they are way deep up in your ass...take a flashlight with you.:lol::lol::lol:

I was just in my butt with a flashlight, and I thought I saw an octapus but it was just my digestive system:eek:

Being humbley honest, calling that an air-craft is akin to pointing out shapes in the clouds and saying God puffed out a Dinosaur. Yes, it looks like one, but it also could be just an oddly shaped piece of art. People were bored as hell back then. It's not decisive evidence of anything, intriguing though at the most.

Well, a precise mock up of it was made and it does fly. I saw that on the History Channel.

Forum List

Back