Kids, left alone, die in house fire while mother is out getting hair done

Menerva Lindsen

Dec 18, 2014
Two children, left alone in their Louisiana home, were killed in a house fire while their mother was out getting her hair styled at a salon, authorities said.
Fire officials say they are still piecing together what happened at the home in Bastrop on Monday evening. But "one thing is certain," said Brant Thompson, state fire marshal deputy chief. "Ciarria Johnson ... left her children unattended for hours as she was having her hair styled."
The victims are 4-year-old Ta'shae Thompson Johnson and her 3-year-old brother, Clifton Thompson Johnson.
Johnson told authorities that she arranged for a neighbor to look after her children. But she hadn't, the deputy chief said.
"Investigators later determined that Johnson, in fact, had made no such arrangements and that she had returned home only after being contacted about the fire," he said.
There were two gas space heaters running when Johnson left, the fire marshal's office said.
Some flammable material left by a heater in the living room caused the fire, engulfing the single-family, wood-framed house in flames.
"It's really just heart wrenching, you know?" neighbor Johnny Hall told CNN affiliate KTVE. "I don't know what else to say."
Johnson is charged with two counts of negligent homicide.
Police Kids left alone die in house fire while mother is out getting hair done - CNN.com
I've noticed that negligence is becoming quite common among American parents. This story is only a drop in the ocean of parents' crimes. Why are American children suffering from their parents' irresponsibility???
How will we struggle with this awful habit?
5F776820B.jpg

Two children, left alone in their Louisiana home, were killed in a house fire while their mother was out getting her hair styled at a salon, authorities said.
Fire officials say they are still piecing together what happened at the home in Bastrop on Monday evening. But "one thing is certain," said Brant Thompson, state fire marshal deputy chief. "Ciarria Johnson ... left her children unattended for hours as she was having her hair styled."
The victims are 4-year-old Ta'shae Thompson Johnson and her 3-year-old brother, Clifton Thompson Johnson.
Johnson told authorities that she arranged for a neighbor to look after her children. But she hadn't, the deputy chief said.
"Investigators later determined that Johnson, in fact, had made no such arrangements and that she had returned home only after being contacted about the fire," he said.
There were two gas space heaters running when Johnson left, the fire marshal's office said.
Some flammable material left by a heater in the living room caused the fire, engulfing the single-family, wood-framed house in flames.
"It's really just heart wrenching, you know?" neighbor Johnny Hall told CNN affiliate KTVE. "I don't know what else to say."
Police Kids left alone die in house fire while mother is out getting hair done - CNN.com
I've noticed that negligence is becoming quite common among American parents. This story is only a drop in the ocean of parents' crimes. Why are American children suffering from their parents' irresponsibility???
5F776820B.jpg
The mother should be sterilized.

What to say? An "awesome" coiffure indeed. "It must be worth it".
Her children would have appreciated it but unfortunately can't.
I wonder how much did it cost? How ofden has she her hair cut monthly?

5F776820B.jpg
The mother should be sterilized.

There seems to be one thing we can agree on.

5F776820B.jpg
Procreation is a protected right.

No, having children is not an absolute right, and mothers who can't protect their young should not have children. We sterilize chemically some child abusers, and I think that would be correct for women who abuse their children. A carefully crafted law would easily withstand legal challenge.

5F776820B.jpg
Procreation is a protected right.

Yes it is. But permitting people to neglect or abuse the children resulting from the procreation is not a protected right, nor should it be. There was a time in America in which children who were not provided with the bare minimum of adequate food, clothing, shelter were removed from the home or taken away from the parent until such time as the parent was willing and able to provide what our society considers absolute necessities for the child. And certainly any child that is subjected to physical abuse by a parent should not be left with that parent.

It sounds harsh, but I wonder how many fewer children we would have living in poverty or in absolute horrid circumstances if that had been the rule all along? How many women would not risk pregnancy at all if they had to pay for their own abortion and/or would not be allowed to keep the baby they bore because they were unable to support it or provide it proper care?

Last edited:
5F776820B.jpg

Wow. what an idiotig, heartless mom.

Forum List

Back