Khashoggi outcry by left

Both wings scream and go complete drama queen over every story that works to their advantage. Both wings minimize, deflect, mock, minimize and/or ignore every story that works against them.

So maybe we could start with that. With the obvious. Wingers distort. The behavior appears to be in their freakin' DNA.

Get the wings out of the conversation and you'd have a significantly better chance of getting to the bottom of a story.

Both wings scream and go complete drama queen over every story that works to their advantage. Both wings minimize, deflect, mock, minimize and/or ignore every story that works against them.

So maybe we could start with that. With the obvious. Wingers distort. The behavior appears to be in their freakin' DNA.

Get the wings out of the conversation and you'd have a significantly better chance of getting to the bottom of a story.
How is anyone "distorting" the story by reporting what the Saudi government issued as an explanation for Khashoggi's death? How is anyone "distorting" the response by reporting what Trump has actually SAID about it and what world leaders have actually said (not much, btw--they are concerned but waiting for an official "answer"). Even what more and more Republicans are saying about what we should do.

I agree this is just so much buzz and it is taking up a lot more political space on the news than necessary. It will not be a deciding factor in the midterms. I wonder if the two parties are pleased to have the spotlight off them for a week or two.

How is anyone "distorting" the story by reporting what the Saudi government issued as an explanation for Khashoggi's death? How is anyone "distorting" the response by reporting what Trump has actually SAID about it and what world leaders have actually said (not much, btw--they are concerned but waiting for an official "answer"). Even what more and more Republicans are saying about what we should do.

I agree this is just so much buzz and it is taking up a lot more political space on the news than necessary. It will not be a deciding factor in the midterms. I wonder if the two parties are pleased to have the spotlight off them for a week or two.
The distortion is in the priority and exposure placed on a given story by each side. As I said, the side that stands to gain inflates the importance and the side that stands to be damaged deflates it.

Like clockwork.

I’m just trying to figure out how this is a USA issue?
We live on planet Earth.
We are humans.
We defend human rights.
I don't remember liberal saying anything when the real american journalist got his head cut off with a dull sword. Oh wait, Obama was president. Didn't want to make him look bad.
No one said anything? Really?
You compare an ISIS beheading to a Saudi government hit job on one of their citizens?

Much greater than Benghazi and four dead Americans. Last time I looked Khashoggi was at a Saudi Arabia consulate! Why? He was Saudi native, not American. Again, anti America hate!

Our Liberal friends could give a shit less about Mr. Khashoggi.

Had he been iced during the Obama Regime, no one would have cared.

The goal here is that the libs think they can use Khashoggi's unfortunate death as a bludgeon against their President in their never-ending quest to take him down and destroy the Presidency and America's Greatness.

If President Trump were to quit the Presidency this morning, by Monday, the Fake News Media would forget about Khashoggi completely.

Much greater than Benghazi and four dead Americans. Last time I looked Khashoggi was at a Saudi Arabia consulate! Why? He was Saudi native, not American. Again, anti America hate!
Trump before getting elected by Putin: I'm gonna be tough on the Saudis.
Trump after the elections: I'm going to visit our Saudi friends and dance with them holding a sword.

trump-sword-dance.jpg

Just look at that stupid face....is that a face of someone sane? heeeeeeeeeeeeell no.
Last time I checked, trump was president of the US not Saudi Arabia. How is the death of a Saudi citizen his issue?

We live on planet Earth.
We are humans.
We defend human rights.
I don't remember liberal saying anything when the real american journalist got his head cut off with a dull sword. Oh wait, Obama was president. Didn't want to make him look bad.
No one said anything? Really?
You compare an ISIS beheading to a Saudi government hit job on one of their citizens?
Yes i am, if obama was president. Nothing would be said.

Yeah, but because he was a classmate of Osama Bin Laden, a card carrying member of The Muslim Brotherhood, which Barack H. Obama is friends with,......we're worried about his disappearance. Maybe the media can find an angle to blame Trump for it.

Nonsense.

It’s the failed Khashoggi coverup by the right.

Trump and most others dishonest conservatives are trying desperately to deflect from the fact that Khashoggi’s murder was at the behest of the Saudi government to silence a critic of the regime, and the war on journalists overall by authoritarian governments.

It’s yet another example of the right’s contempt for journalists and a free press.

It’s an issue for the United States because its president is refusing to acknowledge the fact that the Saudi government had a journalist killed because he was a critic of the regime, a president so desperate to appease a brutal, authoritarian government that he refuses to promote one of our most fundamental principles: the importance of a free press.

That the blind partisan right and Trump sycophants can’t understand this comes as no surprise.

Forum List

Back