Kevin McCarthy Announces He's Retiring....In An Attempt To Hand The House Back Over To Democrats

Yeah, right....You were seriously concerned about the promotion of a a guy from Maj. General to Lt. General.

Bullshit.

It affects morale. Junior officers start worrying if their careers are already shot. Let me explain it for those of you who served.

If the General is unhappy, those below him are even more unhappy. It is an old saying. Perhaps you heard it while you served. Shit rolls downhill. So the General being worried about his future affects everyone below him. And that includes those whom you say didn’t care.

Field Grade officers worry that their careers are wasted. Company Grade officers are stressed because everyone above them is stressed. And the troops pick up on this. They aren’t happy then are they?

It affects morale. Junior officers start worrying if their careers are already shot. Let me explain it for those of you who served.

If the General is unhappy, those below him are even more unhappy. It is an old saying. Perhaps you heard it while you served. Shit rolls downhill. So the General being worried about his future affects everyone below him. And that includes those whom you say didn’t care.

Field Grade officers worry that their careers are wasted. Company Grade officers are stressed because everyone above them is stressed. And the troops pick up on this. They aren’t happy then are they?
Generals are just politicians in training and what they think really has very little to do with the day to day running of the military.

"radical" LOL like the ones that are disturbed by $34 TRILLION in debt? Those kind of radicals?

Why is it that the debt becomes a major issue when the other party is in office. But as soon as it’s your party the Debt is meaningless? When Trump was President we heard endlessly that if you own the bank enough money you own the bank. Now it’s Biden and the Debt is intolerable. Same people. Same party. But just a different guy in charge.

Ok. Let’s cut the budget. 20% across the board. Everything is cut 20%. That includes Border Patrol. Prisons. Military. Everything. You in?

I believe, with about 70% of all Americans, that it isn’t my business what that woman does.
I am glad you have such a high opinion of yourself that you think you speak for 70% of America. BTW, when did sex have anything to do with opposing murder? Maybe you'd like invite a Jeffrey Dahmer into your home, after all you wouldn't want to stick your nose into his right to choose, eh moron?

You have to be suspicious of any Republican from California.
All the Republicans from California have voted on the best side of pretty much every single issue the huge majority of the time. The worst RINO is better than the best Democrat who will vote with Jeffries or Schumer 90+% of the time.

Why is it that the debt becomes a major issue when the other party is in office. But as soon as it’s your party the Debt is meaningless? When Trump was President we heard endlessly that if you own the bank enough money you own the bank. Now it’s Biden and the Debt is intolerable. Same people. Same party. But just a different guy in charge.

Ok. Let’s cut the budget. 20% across the board. Everything is cut 20%. That includes Border Patrol. Prisons. Military. Everything. You in?
When are you going to answer my question?

Kevin McCarthy is retiring, according to Newmax.

I just heard them say it.

They got rid of one Republican last.....and now another one is planning on quitting.

This is how the Democrats are trying to take back the House. Not by winning elections, but by any means possible.

Right now the algorithms are preventing me from look this up......but I'm still searching to verify it.
Republican majority in name only

Still going to impeach Biden?

Uh, the "radicals" you are complaining about have been bitching about spending under Repub and DEm administration,s
I've supported a 25% across the board. Then deep deep cuts in the rest of the bullshit - e.g. Depart of Education - gone.

Generals are just politicians in training and what they think really has very little to do with the day to day running of the military.

Really? A Private can’t lose a battle. A General can lose a war with a bad decision. General Schwarzkopf was exactly the General we needed in Desert Storm. General Honre was exactly what Louisiana needed after Katrina.

So tell yourself it doesn’t matter to the troops. Tell yourself it doesn’t matter. Sooth that conscience. But know that that salve isn’t helping one damned bit.

Kevin McCarthy is retiring, according to Newmax.

I just heard them say it.

They got rid of one Republican last.....and now another one is planning on quitting.

This is how the Democrats are trying to take back the House. Not by winning elections, but by any means possible.

Right now the algorithms are preventing me from look this up......but I'm still searching to verify it.
Republicans and conservative independents have to stop eating their own.

Nobody, certainly not Gaetz and the other seven Republicans who considered themselves morally superior to 214 of their colleagues when they helped the Democrats oust McCarthy, had the larger picture in mind. We all have to appreciate what a narrow majority exists in the house and we have almost zero power in the Senate and none whatsoever in the White House. McCarthy was governing with an almost impossible situation and he was doing so brilliantly under the circumstances.

Will Johnson do any better? I like Johnson, but given that they keep losing Republicans I cannot see how he can.

Newt Gingrich described McCarthy as a very effective Speaker.

When you essentially have only a teensy advantage, compromise is inevitably necessary for the good of the American people.

". . .The decisive change came when Speaker McCarthy was able to pass the Limit, Save, Grow Act on April 26 by a 217 to 215 vote – with four Republicans voting no and Democrats unanimously opposed. The bill was scored as a $4.8 trillion dollar reduction in spending and was filled with conservative policy changes.

Considering that only three and a half months earlier it had taken 15 ballots to elect McCarthy Speaker, there was a lot of shock that he had been able to get a bill drafted that could bring together 97 percent of the House GOP Conference. . ."

Republicans and conservative independents have to stop eating their own.

Nobody, certainly not Gaetz and the other seven Republicans who considered themselves morally superior to 214 of their colleagues when they helped the Democrats oust McCarthy, had the larger picture in mind. We all have to appreciate what a narrow majority exists in the house and we have almost zero power in the Senate and none whatsoever in the White House. McCarthy was governing with an almost impossible situation and he was doing so brilliantly under the circumstances.

Will Johnson do any better? I like Johnson, but given that they keep losing Republicans I cannot see how he can.

Newt Gingrich described McCarthy as a very effective Speaker.

When you essentially have only a teensy advantage, compromise is inevitably necessary for the good of the American people.

". . .The decisive change came when Speaker McCarthy was able to pass the Limit, Save, Grow Act on April 26 by a 217 to 215 vote – with four Republicans voting no and Democrats unanimously opposed. The bill was scored as a $4.8 trillion dollar reduction in spending and was filled with conservative policy changes.

Considering that only three and a half months earlier it had taken 15 ballots to elect McCarthy Speaker, there was a lot of shock that he had been able to get a bill drafted that could bring together 97 percent of the House GOP Conference. . ."
Bull shit.
If Biden and the Dems weren't using kick-back money from Ukraine to bribe members of congress....this wouldn't even be an issue.

Threats....intimidation....bribery....blackmail.....you name it.

Really? A Private can’t lose a battle. A General can lose a war with a bad decision. General Schwarzkopf was exactly the General we needed in Desert Storm. General Honre was exactly what Louisiana needed after Katrina.

So tell yourself it doesn’t matter to the troops. Tell yourself it doesn’t matter. Sooth that conscience. But know that that salve isn’t helping one damned bit.
Generals do what they're told and if they don't, they just fade away--I assume you'll understand the reference.

Bull shit.
If Biden and the Dems weren't using kick-back money from Ukraine to bribe members of congress....this wouldn't even be an issue.

Threats....intimidation....bribery....blackmail.....you name it.
I know we disagree on this but I am pretty confident in my evaluation and conclusions on it. We Patriots do ourselves or America absolutely no good whatsoever with intractable, dictatorial, unyielding positions on so many things. We cannot blame the Democrats for that.

Whenever you demand everybody else see it your way with no room for possible compromise or even a different point of view, you're wrong no matter who you are.

Forum List

Back