Keven McCarthy complains Biden won't speak to him while dems hold the House

I think the politico article makes a few good points. He's trying to reach out, but he's not going to stall or change his whole program to appease a few republicans. President Obama tried that approach and it didn't work. Republicans don't negotiate honestly, and don't live up to their promises. Why waste a lot of time with them?

Mccarthy is just whining. Seems all he wants is a chance to make hay off the border "crisis" which is already well in hand.

From second OP link:

The GOP leader, a Trump loyalist who backed the 45th president's push to overturn Biden's election victory, first requested a meeting with Biden in a March 5 letter that was focused on the surge of unaccompanied immigrant children showing up at the southern border.

Unfortunately for Kevin he is a deeply ingrained sub servant slave of Trump's and I don't think too many people want to be associated with slime like that.

I wouldn't talk to him either. McCarthy isn't interested in bi-partisanship. If he was, he would not have made multiple trips to Mar-A-Lago to kiss the ring. He wants to be Speaker. And he thinks Trump can get him there.
Biden has a short window to get things done and to be able to make a case for Democrats to tell to their voters. You hold the majority. He knows what he can do even with Manachin and Sinema threatening to be the holdups.
May as well press the advantage. There's no Republican that's going to address anything that matters to anyone except their large corporate donors.

Forum List

Back