Kerry's Search: In Depth, In Secret

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
Is it me or as I read this story, do I get a sense of panic from the Democrats?

While Kerry is tight-lipped about the pick, these Democrats said the process is revealing much about how the senator from Massachusetts views his strengths, his leadership style and the role of a vice president. Kerry has privately expressed confidence that voters see him as sufficiently strong on national security, they say, but wonders whether he needs a moderate or conservative Democrat on the ticket to improve his centrist credentials. Still, Kerry is skeptical a running mate can make a decisive difference in the election's outcome, these sources said, and is much more concerned with finding a ready-made president, though one who will not try to steal the show.

Kerry is obviously delusional. I have not seen any polls to lead me to believe that he is strong on national security. He is described as skeptical a running mate can make a decisive difference in the outcome, but wonders if he needs a moderate or conservative Democrat to improve his centrist credentials - WHAT!

Some Democrats said Kerry is less confident that he has successfully sold himself as a moderate politician. The campaign considers the South to be Kerry's biggest regional liability, which may bode well for Edwards. Some close to Kerry talk of a "Mississippi strategy" that would move away from a traditional battle for the South and focus on the states stretching from Louisiana, through Arkansas and Missouri, northward. This helps explain Kerry's early interest in Clark, who is from Arkansas, and midwesterners Gephardt and Vilsack, according a Democrat close to the campaign.

The Democrats should be less confident he has sold himself as a moderate politician. Understatement.

In a way, I feel for the Democrats and the nation as a whole. They have themselves a candidate that has no chance in hell of winning. They are putting allot of time, effort and money on a nag. The nation looses because this candidate brings nothing to the table for meaningful and challenging dialouge.

Full Story

They have themselves a candidate that has no chance in hell of winning.

What do you base that on?
Partisanship?
Polls have them neck and neck.
Alot depends on the story(ies) of the moment come election time.

Originally posted by nycflasher
huh?

Still, Kerry is skeptical a running mate can make a decisive difference in the election's outcome, these sources said, and is much more concerned with finding a ready-made president, though one who will not try to steal the show.

Flash - didya read the post? :rolleyes:

That is what my WHAT was about. So, it appears I am not the only one scratching his head over that one.

Up to this point the coverage of the race has been mostly Democrat and the best they could do was pull even. The Repubs haven't even gotten the war machine running yet. After the Repub convention Bush will get a 6-8% bump which will be insurmountable by Kerry and that combined with the Nader siphoning will spell defeat.

Don't count on any bump from the Demo convention, Bubba will see to it that that doesn't happen.

Partisanship?

Don't need polls for that determination. I read - and what I read leads me to believe that even the Democrats feel that way. Besides, the polls will give you whatever numbers you want. Depends on how the question is worded and to what demographic it is given to.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Flash - didya read the post? :rolleyes:

That is what my WHAT was about. So, it appears I am not the only one scratching his head over that one.

Gotcha, your original post--"He is described as skeptical a running mate can make a decisive difference in the outcome"-- made no sense.

Don't need polls for that determination. I read - and what I read leads me to believe that even the Democrats feel that way. Besides, the polls will give you whatever numbers you want. Depends on how the question is worded and to what demographic it is given to.

Ask 1000 random people who they are voting for, my bet is that you would get close to a 500-500 split if indeed the 1000 were a randomly selected sample of the nation.

Gotcha, your original post--"He is described as skeptical a running mate can make a decisive difference in the outcome"-- made no sense.

Made sense in the context of the post; if the post was read. Anyway...

And, BTW, most VP searches are kept under wraps until a decision is made.

Your point being what? This is not about the search per se and who it is, it is about the purpose of the search.

Ask 1000 random people who they are voting for, my bet is that you would get close to a 500-500 split if indeed the 1000 were a randomly selected sample of the nation.

What did the polls show for GWB/Gore?

Polls can suck a big fat one. :)

Partisanship?

Again they are neck and neck in the wrong states. If they are neck and neck in California there is a problem. In Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, Georgia, and Ohio, the President has atleast a four point lead. And Kerry is losing support in those states. its going to be an interesting political season but Kerry is dead. He has too many things against him.

He cant connect with the people

Clinton is about to suck all the air out of his campaign with his book.

The summer olympics are going to be in the news right after the Dem Convention, that will also suck air out of his campaign if Clinton hasnt already used it all. So the energy from the convention, if there is any will be gone by September when The Republicans are having their convention.

Iraq is going to regain their soveignty at the end of the month. Thats going to kill alot of Iraq Criticisms. Add that with the media blunders this week and the 911 commissions corrections Kerry is weak in this aspect.

The economy is booming.

With the debates, Bush is going to slaughter Kerry. Kerry is going to argue to raise peoples taxes. thats not going to work. Kerry cant criticize the the patriot act or Bush's education plan. Kerry voted for both and the education plan was written by his co Senator Mr Kennedy. Cant critisize Bush on Medicare. because its Kerrys base who wants that. What areas in the domestic policy can he critisize Bush on? And dont even get me started on foreign Policy. Kerry just doesnt have a prayer. I mean he didnt even do well in the debates with the other 8 dwarves. When Al Sharpton sounds more rational then you, you dont have a prayer one on one with the President. Gore underestimated Bush and may well have lost the presidency because of the debates.

Kerry has nothing going for him. The only things that can help him are things that are bad for America. If the economy fails again, if our soldiers are slaughtered, Kerry might be able to benefit if he plays it right. But do you really want to see those things happen?

The Dems are so deluded in thinking they can win this one. They have gone so far left they're completely out of touch. They've been trying to deepthroat that Euroweenie so long, that our right to defend ourselves, and the justness of the cause of fighting Shariah Law tyranny is somehow debatable in their decaying minds.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Again they are neck and neck in the wrong states. If they are neck and neck in California there is a problem. In Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, Georgia, and Ohio, the President has atleast a four point lead. And Kerry is losing support in those states. its going to be an interesting political season but Kerry is dead. He has too many things against him.

He cant connect with the people

Clinton is about to suck all the air out of his campaign with his book.

The summer olympics are going to be in the news right after the Dem Convention, that will also suck air out of his campaign if Clinton hasnt already used it all. So the energy from the convention, if there is any will be gone by September when The Republicans are having their convention.

Iraq is going to regain their soveignty at the end of the month. Thats going to kill alot of Iraq Criticisms. Add that with the media blunders this week and the 911 commissions corrections Kerry is weak in this aspect.

The economy is booming.

With the debates, Bush is going to slaughter Kerry. Kerry is going to argue to raise peoples taxes. thats not going to work. Kerry cant criticize the the patriot act or Bush's education plan. Kerry voted for both and the education plan was written by his co Senator Mr Kennedy. Cant critisize Bush on Medicare. because its Kerrys base who wants that. What areas in the domestic policy can he critisize Bush on? And dont even get me started on foreign Policy. Kerry just doesnt have a prayer. I mean he didnt even do well in the debates with the other 8 dwarves. When Al Sharpton sounds more rational then you, you dont have a prayer one on one with the President. Gore underestimated Bush and may well have lost the presidency because of the debates.

Kerry has nothing going for him. The only things that can help him are things that are bad for America. If the economy fails again, if our soldiers are slaughtered, Kerry might be able to benefit if he plays it right. But do you really want to see those things happen?

purty much sumz it up!:cof:

for?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, BTW, most VP searches are kept under wraps until a decision is made.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your point being what? This is not about the search per se and who it is, it is about the purpose of the search.

quote:
Your point being what?

That the title of this thread states the obvious. .I'll have to read the article, didn't see the link.

This prior post implied that once you read the article you would then be able to make your point. Still waiting.

Forum List

Back