Kerry shows true self

Whatever, all the Bush one-liners leading up to it make it perfectly clear who he was talking about.

Actually all the Republicans jumping on this without hesitation may have unwittingly shot themselves in the foot here. At first glance it may seem like a nice distraction or some red meat for the base, however in focusing in on it they're bringing up a subject many of them are trying desperatly to avoid right now, the war in Iraq. You can't talk about "the troops" without talking about "the war".

Time will tell.

And why on earth do you think we are trying to avoid Iraq? National security is our Strongest issue, and thats with our economy at full employment.

And besides, its the base that wins election. That is why the Democrats have been trying to suppress the Republican base. The only way they can hope to win is if we dont show up.

Actually all the Republicans jumping on this without hesitation may have unwittingly shot themselves in the foot here.

Guess that explains why the Democrats are madder than hell at "sKerry" and are accusing him of putting the Democrats in a position of "grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory" AGAIN. If that doesn't ring a bell with you, guess you missed the Democrat talking heads on cable talk shows last night. Not one defended sKerry or tried to explain what he may have "intended" to say. They interpret sKerry's comments exactly the way the Republicans have and expressed their opinion that he should apologize.

As Stephanie has reminded us of Karl Rove's famous statement: Kerry is the gift that just keeps on giving and giving and giving........

It was actually a case of Chimpy being too stupid to realize he was being called stupid. The outrage expressed by Chimpy, and other GOP mouthpieces, is simply a case of having nothing else to run on. As far as the real issues are concerned...they got nothin'.

It was actually a case of Chimpy being too stupid to realize he was being called stupid. The outrage expressed by Chimpy, and other GOP mouthpieces, is simply a case of having nothing else to run on. As far as the real issues are concerned...they got nothin'.

You can try to spin it, but you cannot change what he said.

The people he was insulting are not as stupid as you and Kerry think they are. There may have been a lot of one liners about the President in his little piece of rhetoric, but Kerry's history shows the true context of his message. He thinks soldiers are stupid and lazy and has historically all but equated them to neanderthols and worse, has called them war criminals.

As for having something to run on....other than "we hate Bush" ... just what has your party offered? Your bunch is like a group of school kids drawing stick figures of the teacher on the sidewalk, thinking it's cute, when it is just childish.

Bring some substance to the table and maybe we'll have something to work with...until then, you have nothing!

You can try to spin it, but you cannot change what he said.

The people he was insulting are not as stupid as you and Kerry think they are. There may have been a lot of one liners about the President in his little piece of rhetoric, but Kerry's history shows the true context of his message. He thinks soldiers are stupid and lazy and has historically all but equated them to neanderthols and worse, has called them war criminals.

As for having something to run on....other than "we hate Bush" ... just what has your party offered? Your bunch is like a group of school kids drawing stick figures of the teacher on the sidewalk, thinking it's cute, when it is just childish.

Bring some substance to the table and maybe we'll have something to work with...until then, you have nothing!

Can specifically cite a specific statement by Kerry where he actually called America soldiers in Viet Nam "war criminals"? Having read the transcripts of his testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in April 1971, I saw where he described acts, relayed to him by those who witnessed them.

In an interview, given before he testified, he stated:

<blockquote>I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.</blockquote>

He did not blame the grunts who were knee-deep in the rice paddies...he faulted those by whose authority the war in Viet Nam was prosecuted. It was they, not the men serving putting their lives on the line every day, who set the policies and gave the orders that he described as war criminals.

So, why don't you take your own advice and quit drawing stick figures on the sidewalk, quit setting up straw-men, and bring something of substance to the table?

LMAO, I haven't been watching the news in the last couple of days and now this. John "I'm Ready to Serve" Kerry hands the GOP political gold just by opening his mouth. Man, what a fucking tool. It just goes to prove liberals will always shoot themselves in the foot because they can't always bottle in the things they really believe in.

Can specifically cite a specific statement by Kerry where he actually called America soldiers in Viet Nam "war criminals"? Having read the transcripts of his testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in April 1971, I saw where he described acts, relayed to him by those who witnessed them.

In an interview, given before he testified, he stated:

<blockquote>I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.</blockquote>

He did not blame the grunts who were knee-deep in the rice paddies...he faulted those by whose authority the war in Viet Nam was prosecuted. It was they, not the men serving putting their lives on the line every day, who set the policies and gave the orders that he described as war criminals.

So, why don't you take your own advice and quit drawing stick figures on the sidewalk, quit setting up straw-men, and bring something of substance to the table?

Nice selective pick on your part but not quite good enough:

"I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command....

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."

http://www.richmond.edu/~ebolt/history398/JohnKerryTestimony.html

I suppose that you want me to think Kerry was talking about Bush.

If you see the above as a "strawman" you are indeed hopeless...but I know you are smarter than that. The fact is; Kerry has historically look down on the troops and has always been barely able to conceal his contempt for them. Not strawman...FACT.

LMAO, I haven't been watching the news in the last couple of days and now this. John "I'm Ready to Serve" Kerry hands the GOP political gold just by opening his mouth. Man, what a fucking tool. It just goes to prove liberals will always shoot themselves in the foot because they can't always bottle in the things they really believe in.

So true......Ain't it sweeeeeeeeet..:mm:

I think part of the right-wing kerfuffle over Kerry's remark has less to do with it being a botched joke at Chimpy's expense and more to do with it being what they (the right wing) actually think about the troops in Iraq.

And also Rush isn't an elected official. He is entitled to his own opinion without having to appologize for it.

I think part of the right-wing kerfuffle over Kerry's remark has less to do with it being a botched joke at Chimpy's expense and more to do with it being what they (the right wing) actually think about the troops in Iraq.

Thats because we know it wasn't a botched joke at Bush, it was a degrading remark to our troops. And yes we are upset because it goes against what we (the right wing) actually think about our troops - that they are our very best and bravest of this country, not some snobby elite college graduates.

The White House and the NRCC are grasping at this straw like a drowning man after any stray twig that will keep him afloat. It takes the focus off of Iraq. Republican candidates in tight races are treating Chimpy like kryptonite, telling him to stay away. Why? One word...Iraq.

Iraq is the misbegotten child of the Bush administration and the GOP controlled Congress. And they can no longer keep this monster locked in the closet. It weighs on every Republican congressional candidate who has rubber-stamped every decision regarding Iraq made by Chimpy and Co. It is even weighing on those who haven't.

Iraq is the real issue the White House and GOP are hiding from. And they will do anything to escape the consequences, both political and legal, of the decisions made in the run up to the war and after the invasion. So, just remember, this dust-up over Kerry's flubbed joke at Chimpy's expense is all the GOP has. They are morally and intellectually bankrupt, they can no longer defend their policies in Iraq, so they duck and cover with anything they can grasp.

Kerry's flubbed joke at Bush's expense???!! LOL Dayumn! Nothing says "Yellow Dog Democrat" than a person who believes he meant that guy who got better grades than he did in the exact same college when he said "uneducated"...

Only an idiotic hillbilly would believe that he meant that person who got a Master's Degree while he was dropping out of Seminary was the "uneducated" that he was speaking of! Come on Bully, I expect soooo much better of you than this inane 'follow the talking points' idiocy that doesn't even make logical sense AT ALL!!!!

This is some of the funniest spin I have ever heard.

Unless Kerry believes himself to be one of the "uneducated" there is no possible way he meant Bush while making that "joke".

The libs have to believe that everybody under the sun is retarded to think they'd believe this silly tale of Bush being the "uneducated" variable in a remark like that! He was talking about the only group that could possibly be considered uneducated, those enlisted and actually in Iraq.

The White House and the NRCC are grasping at this straw like a drowning man after any stray twig that will keep him afloat. It takes the focus off of Iraq. Republican candidates in tight races are treating Chimpy like kryptonite, telling him to stay away. Why? One word...Iraq.

Iraq is the misbegotten child of the Bush administration and the GOP controlled Congress. And they can no longer keep this monster locked in the closet. It weighs on every Republican congressional candidate who has rubber-stamped every decision regarding Iraq made by Chimpy and Co. It is even weighing on those who haven't.

Iraq is the real issue the White House and GOP are hiding from. And they will do anything to escape the consequences, both political and legal, of the decisions made in the run up to the war and after the invasion. So, just remember, this dust-up over Kerry's flubbed joke at Chimpy's expense is all the GOP has. They are morally and intellectually bankrupt, they can no longer defend their policies in Iraq, so they duck and cover with anything they can grasp.

Well, coming from you, mister no class whatsoever, who cares what you think?

The one problem with your usual idiotic lying piece of garbage propaganda is that the troops and their families are upset and feel disrespected and insulted. I dont watch a lot of tv, but on lunch today, I saw three of them being interviewed. One said she leans Democrat, but could never vote for Kerry in the future.

Forum List

Back