Kentucky Kickback: McConnell sells out for 2 BILLION for a dam in KY

And not for lack of trying on the part of the good and honest men and women who tried to live up to their election promises to try to defund or delay Obamacare.

Attempting to live up to a campaign promise is one thing; shutting down the government and threatening to destroy the Nation’s economy to fulfill those promises is something reprehensibly different.

Such men and women are neither good nor honest.

Such men and women who are taking kickbacks, bribes, and furthering their own interests at our expense have/are destroying this country. They reside in both parties....the old establishment. They are the ones that have brought this country to its knees. It wasn't the tea party. To think that is quite shallow.

1375319_10201924494371225_368853129_n.jpg

I didn't see the tea party taking kickbacks but again we hear the dems praising the R establishment who does take kickbacks. Unbelievable....but believable.

It says something about progressives that they have to bribe people to agree with them.

And it's not at all complimentary.

Exactly. Look at the bribes in the dem camp to buy votes for ocare. It was so horrible that they had to be bribed and offered massive kickbacks to their states.

I didn't see the tea party taking kickbacks but again we hear the dems praising the R establishment who does take kickbacks. Unbelievable....but believable.

It says something about progressives that they have to bribe people to agree with them.

been happening in politics long before you was born.

Yep, it's an intrinsic feature of democracy. Politicians have been selling out their country for cash since the days Pericles.

It's just so so brazenly breathtaking unreal. They won't stop the backroom deals. They will never stop.

Unless they get terminated. I hope McConnell gets taken out in the primary, but if not hell's bells might as well let a Democrat win.

What's the point of having an R sitting in a seat when they vote like a D anyway.

Kentucky is a welfare state. Just like most Red States. Without money from Blue States, what would they do? Oh, and Kentucky is more than 90% white. So you can't blame failed conservatism on blacks. Not again.

Kentucky is a welfare state. Just like most Red States. Without money from Blue States, what would they do? Oh, and Kentucky is more than 90% white. So you can't blame failed conservatism on blacks. Not again.

They need
education
science
tech
manufacturing

Building roads
Building dams
Building schools

and I understand I can't blame blacks...Sometimes I can. :eusa_whistle:

Democrats didn't win. Republicans lost.

And not for lack of trying on the part of the good and honest men and women who tried to live up to their election promises to try to defund or delay Obamacare.

Republicans lost because one more time a powerful RINO sold his soul again for pork.

And sold honorable R's down the river again. At least the old whore charged a high price for being a slut for Reid.

McConnell faced new criticism after the bill's full text was released at dinnertime Wednesday. A little-noticed earmark, in the legislation will increase federal funding for the Olmsted Lock, a dam in his home state of Kentucky, from $775 million to nearly $3 billion.

'In exchange for funding Obamacare and raising the debt limit, Mitch McConnell has secured a $2 billion earmark,' the Senate Conservatives Fund griped, calling it the 'Kentucky kickback.'

BOEHNER CRIES 'UNCLE': House Republican opposition folds | Mail Online

I sent you link to my congressman, told them to reverse it in the budget negotiations. Hopefully they can.

Yep, they have all become nothing but corrupted crooks and could care less about any of the people in this country..and I'm talking BOTH parties..

nothing will change when we have disinterested citizens in this country who vote for anyone with a letter next to their name and then don't hold any of them accountable for anything..

the come to believe they are our masters and we work for them

Last edited:

What the hell does your post have to do with McConnell selling out his party and his fellow Republicans for 2 Billion dollars?

But if we are going to talk red state blue state bullshit, how do you explain away that Kentucky since 1940 has only had 5 Republican governors?

And since 1940 has had 17 Democratic Governors.

What color did you say this state was again?

Democrats didn't win. Republicans lost.

Republicans lost because one more time a powerful RINO sold his soul again for pork.

And sold honorable R's down the river again. At least the old whore charged a high price for being a slut for Reid.

McConnell faced new criticism after the bill's full text was released at dinnertime Wednesday. A little-noticed earmark, in the legislation will increase federal funding for the Olmsted Lock, a dam in his home state of Kentucky, from $775 million to nearly $3 billion.

'In exchange for funding Obamacare and raising the debt limit, Mitch McConnell has secured a $2 billion earmark,' the Senate Conservatives Fund griped, calling it the 'Kentucky kickback.'

BOEHNER CRIES 'UNCLE': House Republican opposition folds | Mail Online

I sent you link to my congressman, told them to reverse it in the budget negotiations. Hopefully they can.

It's just crazy OK Texas. Did you see the other link I had up? They are already trying to cover for McConnell by saying that the wording in the bill was Feinsteins and Alexanders but that won't cut it.

This dam has been McConnell's baby for years. Got millions in earmarks for it in years past.

No wonder they have been coming after Cruz...they need to take him out and shut him up

and people sit here and cheer this sort of thing

this whole government disgust me

been happening in politics long before you was born.

Never said it wasn't. But how do you feel, knowing you embrace a political philosophy that can't get people to agree with it voluntarily?

Dear Reader wants to put KY's coal industry out of business, thus creating more unemployment and more government dependence.

Progressives would hail that as a victory.

Forum List

Back