Kentucky Kickback: McConnell sells out for 2 BILLION for a dam in KY

Conservatives on here have been indignant that Obama hasn't 'created' any jobs. Now they are adamant that said job creation in KY is somehow wrong. LOL. What a bunch of little old ladies tsking and clucking you all turned out to be.

just because you sold your integrity doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

tsk tsk that my lady....

You are only upset because the money went to someone in THIS country. Way to go there demo boi.

We spend billions in for foreign countries. Somehow you only bitch if it is for AMERICANS!

And look at the cons (hohoho) bitching about this one. They only complain when money gets spent where there are poor AMERICANS. They would much prefer it go to Mexicans or some other third world shit hole.

Last edited:
when you get to the level Mitch is, its all about protecting the banks and a 2nd tea party downgrade is not what the banks want.

On this one he could count on others.

This was personal when he dragged all the senators in with him and McCain flexing to beat the band.

Do you know this most fabulous band called the Coors? My girls there had a song "forgiven not forgotten"

They are they will let no man pass on them.

That's right. EVERY SINGLE SENATOR VOTED FOR THIS. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Money goes to fund jobs for AMERICANS who need jobs and they shit a squealing worm. This place has the biggest bunch of hypocrites on both sides that I've ever seen. They would ALL rather give the hill billies welfare than work. The sad part is hill billies would rather work. AND they want to pay the price of the horrendous delays that towing companies hauling commodities down river pass on to consumers. They just LUV to throw their money at nothing.

Last edited:
Feinstein & Reid already explained what happened. They cleared McConnell.

Let's get this really straight.

They can't clear him. What they did in the back room was try to come up with a silly cover claiming that they came up with the wording.

Alexander being complicit in this just puts him up on the radar screen as well.

This is McConnells baby. This dam. He's been taking earmarks for it for years on end.

Mitch took a 2 billion dollar bribe and we all know it. And old geezers in a back room on capitol hill can't cover for him.

:lol:

I love the fact that Kentuckians might get jobs. Sorely needed for true. And I gather this project is on the border of Illinois and Kentucky so those in Illinois will get jobs as well.

But why not pass a bill, just one bill that funds this dam?

Because all the backroom bastards know is to tie shit to elections and that is what this was all about. McConnell selling out at a high price mind you for his re election.

It is that simple.

I love the fact that Kentuckians might get jobs. Sorely needed for true. And I gather this project is on the border of Illinois and Kentucky so those in Illinois will get jobs as well.

Because all the backroom bastards know is to tie shit to elections and that is what this was all about. McConnell selling out at a high price mind you for his re election.

It is that simple.

The ones who are grousing to high heaven about this have completely ignored that NONE of the foreign aid which is part of the budget was cut. Not one cent of it. God forbid that an AMERICAN should get a job out of it. What a travesty!

It is that simple.

This is not a new thing. Compromise has been part of our legislative process ever since the inception of this country. Democrats bring billions of dollars to their states through pork barrel politics and no one has any qualms whatsoever about it. Kentucky is a red state, and regardless who doesn't like this, unless they live in KY they can't vote in KY. So, I don't really see him needing to pull anything underhanded to get elected. Here the incumbent is often the only one running.

Everyone should have known there would be compromises. This is just the only one we have heard about.

Why it is so hard for Americans to choose Americans before they choose foreigners is just beyond me. The economy of KY really worked in my favor when I moved back here. I couldn't afford to live on a lake in any other state. I would love to have stayed near Nashville, but the lake property there is so expensive, and the lakes are unimpressive.

It is that simple.

This is not a new thing. Compromise has been part of our legislative process ever since the inception of this country. Democrats bring billions of dollars to their states through pork barrel politics and no one has any qualms whatsoever about it. Kentucky is a red state, and regardless who doesn't like this, unless they live in KY they can't vote in KY. So, I don't really see him needing to pull anything underhanded to get elected. Here the incumbent is often the only one running.

Everyone should have known there would be compromises. This is just the only one we have heard about.

Why it is so hard for Americans to choose Americans before they choose foreigners is just beyond me. The economy of KY really worked in my favor when I moved back here. I couldn't afford to live on a lake in any other state. I would love to have stayed near Nashville, but the lake property there is so expensive, and the lakes are unimpressive.

I can't stand McConnell but damn. He saw which way the wind was blowing, and snapped up some pork for his state. I don't know how anybody can fault him for that.

They can't clear him. What they did in the back room was try to come up with a silly cover claiming that they came up with the wording.

This is McConnells baby. This dam. He's been taking earmarks for it for years on end.

Mitch took a 2 billion dollar bribe and we all know it. And old geezers in a back room on capitol hill can't cover for him.

Actually, I don't think McConnell is the one who actually put that on the bill. Even if he did, he doesn't have anything to be 'cleared' from. This is how Washington works. The dear leader was OK with it. And none of the foreign aid that is part of the budget got cut out. So, IMO, anyone who doesn't like it can piss up a rope. Dems in Congress wanted it passed, and for once they gave something to Americans.

It is that simple.

The ones who are grousing to high heaven about this have completely ignored that NONE of the foreign aid which is part of the budget was cut. Not one cent of it. God forbid that an AMERICAN should get a job out of it. What a travesty!

I'm with you on that. I've been screaming up here (yes I have a separate life :eusa_angel: and am a pain in the ass up here to politicians as well).

Do you know that we pay for foreign aid to China? You too. America actually pays foreign aid to China.

Don't get me going. :lol: I get so jaked over this.

Another thread another time.

It is that simple.

I can't stand McConnell but damn. He saw which way the wind was blowing, and snapped up some pork for his state. I don't know how anybody can fault him for that.

What about all the 'pork' that goes to other countries? I don't hear anyone whining about THAT! We give far more than that to people who in the final analysis turn out to be our enemies.

What about all the 'pork' that goes to other countries? I don't hear anyone whining about THAT! We give far more than that to people who in the final analysis turn out to be our enemies.

We are in agreement!! Up to here with this shit.

Actually, I don't think McConnell is the one who actually put that on the bill. Even if he did, he doesn't have anything to be 'cleared' from. This is how Washington works. The dear leader was OK with it. And none of the foreign aid that is part of the budget got cut out. So, IMO, anyone who doesn't like it can piss up a rope. Dems in Congress wanted it passed, and for once they gave something to Americans.

Not only did Mitch make this his "take home money" the son of a bitch I lost my thread on it actually bragged that he made sure he surrendered so he could bitch slap his Democrat opponent.

This sent me right over the edge. I don't care that he's a republican. He's an asshole for speaking about his D opponent like he did.

I want him gone.

Not only did Mitch make this his "take home money" the son of a bitch I lost my thread on it actually bragged that he made sure he surrendered so he could bitch slap his Democrat opponent.

This sent me right over the edge. I don't care that he's a republican. He's an asshole for speaking about his D opponent like he did.

I want him gone.

Here?

Shutdown over, Mitch McConnell puts focus on Alison Lundergan Grimes over Matt Bevin | Politics and Government | Kentucky.com

It should hearten the people on here who begrudge KY those jobs that we are losing one of our most important employers in this area:

WASHINGTON — The only American-owned plant for enriching uranium, a cold war relic near Paducah, Ky., will be shut down next month, its operator said on Friday. The closing could pose a problem for the American nuclear weapons arsenal over time but is not likely to affect civilian nuclear electric plants.

The plant, opened in 1954 by the Atomic Energy Commission, was becoming uncompetitive in the market for uranium enrichment. The federal government was subsidizing the plant for the last year under a barter deal in which it provided uranium to some of the operator’s customers so they would continue to use the plant. But the Energy Department decided not to extend it.

The roughly 1,000 people who work at the Paducah plant are likely to lose their jobs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/25/b...ranium-enrichment-plant-in-kentucky.html?_r=0

As small as this area is, that is a LOT of jobs to lose. I'm sure libs and cons alike will be pleased about this. I mean, after all, it's just a bunch of rednecks and hillbillies, not someone really important like Egyptians or Iraqis.

Forum List

Back