Kentucky Kickback: McConnell sells out for 2 BILLION for a dam in KY

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Democrats didn't win. Republicans lost.

And not for lack of trying on the part of the good and honest men and women who tried to live up to their election promises to try to defund or delay Obamacare.

Republicans lost because one more time a powerful RINO sold his soul again for pork.

And sold honorable R's down the river again. At least the old whore charged a high price for being a slut for Reid.

McConnell faced new criticism after the bill's full text was released at dinnertime Wednesday. A little-noticed earmark, in the legislation will increase federal funding for the Olmsted Lock, a dam in his home state of Kentucky, from $775 million to nearly $3 billion.

'In exchange for funding Obamacare and raising the debt limit, Mitch McConnell has secured a $2 billion earmark,' the Senate Conservatives Fund griped, calling it the 'Kentucky kickback.'

BOEHNER CRIES 'UNCLE': House Republican opposition folds | Mail Online

Last edited:
:lol: I told you, there are no angels......another establishment move.....this is why we need a tea party, and if you don't like the tea party pick another faction, this is crap.

reid bribed him and he took it.....:doubt:friggin cretin.

A proposal to end the government shutdown and avoid default orchestrated by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic Leader Harry Reid includes a $2 billion earmark for a Kentucky project.

Language in a draft of the McConnell-Reid deal (see page 13, section 123) provided to WFPL News shows a provision that increases funding for the massive Olmsted Dam Lock in Louisville from $775 million to nearly $2. 9 billion.

The dam is considered an important project for the state and region in regards to water traffic along the Ohio River.

As The Courier-Journal's James Bruggers reported in 2011, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said they needed about $2.1 billion for the locks due to "stop and go funding."

more at-

McConnell-Reid Deal Includes $2 Billion Earmark for Kentucky Project | WFPL

:lol: I told you, there are no angels......another establishment move.....this is why we need a tea party, and if you don't like the tea party pick another faction, this is crap.

A proposal to end the government shutdown and avoid default orchestrated by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic Leader Harry Reid includes a $2 billion earmark for a Kentucky project.

Language in a draft of the McConnell-Reid deal (see page 13, section 123) provided to WFPL News shows a provision that increases funding for the massive Olmsted Dam Lock in Louisville from $775 million to nearly $2. 9 billion.

The dam is considered an important project for the state and region in regards to water traffic along the Ohio River.

As The Courier-Journal's James Bruggers reported in 2011, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said they needed about $2.1 billion for the locks due to "stop and go funding."

more at-

I'll be damned, Mitch was on the take for his state! Left Boehner holding a pile of shit while he made out. Politics can be cruel, but that's too much.

It's business as usual, kick the can down the road, raise the debt ceiling, borrow and spend, fuck the debt, republicans cave... and we are so fucked because Washington is broken, and they'll continue with this bull shit until there is a true, massive, implosion, and it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

But, in the meantime, the gimme-gimme-gimme, where's-my-freebie leftards are just happy as shit. The welfare checks, obama phones and EBT cards will all be good for awhile longer.

you beat me by 4 minutes TD :lol:

merged

hehehe It would have been by 10 minutes. :) But when I found out I ran outside and let out a primordial scream and scared the crap out of any deer or coyotes.

Honest to goodness Trajan the Republican Party is broken. It is Humpty Dumpty. No one can put it back together again.

Third Party Conservative Party. We did it up here. You have to do this. America needs you to do this.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Doesn't look like Mitch had anything to do with it.

Conservatives accuse Mitch McConnell of 'Kentucky kickback' in spending deal - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com
The provision, which is supported by the White House and doesn’t actually spend any money, would raise the amount authorized for the Olmsted Lock and Dam project to $2.9 billion from $775 million. McConnell’s office said he had no role in securing the language, which was authored by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.). Versions of the water project measure passed both the House and Senate earlier this year.

--

The Olmsted project is located about 20 miles from the confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio rivers near where the borders of Kentucky, Illinois and Missouri meet. It was originally authorized a quarter-century ago and was only expected to cost $775 million. After decades of delays, engineering mistakes and cost overruns, the Army Corps of Engineers now expects to spend $2.9 billion on the project.
But Alexander, the ranking member of the appropriations subcommittee that funds water projects, said he and Feinstein, the committee’s chair, were responsible for the provision.

“According to the Army Corps of Engineers, 160 million taxpayer dollars will be wasted because of canceled contracts if this language is not included,” Alexander said in a statement. “Sen. Feinstein and I, as chairman and ranking member of the Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee, requested this provision. It has already been approved this year by the House and Senate.”​

more at-

2 Billion to sell out your fellow Republicans. We knew this was coming but damn what a freaking dirty move .

you beat me by 4 minutes TD :lol:

merged

hehehe It would have been by 10 minutes. :) But when I found out I ran outside and let out a primordial scream and scared the crap out of any deer or coyotes.

Honest to goodness Trajan the Republican Party is broken. It is Humpty Dumpty. No one can put it back together again.

Third Party Conservative Party. We did it up here. You have to do this. America needs you to do this.

I know the left hates the TP, and I know some parts of the gop hate them , and they have their issues too, but, at least theres somebody tired of all this shit and willing to make some noise.

I have said it before, said a few weeks ago and will again; since 2000 we have taken the pipe, the establishment wing of the gop has not done squat. We got 8 years of a faux con......and we have a few SC picks and...?

Conservatives accuse Mitch McConnell of 'Kentucky kickback' in spending deal - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com
The provision, which is supported by the White House and doesn’t actually spend any money, would raise the amount authorized for the Olmsted Lock and Dam project to $2.9 billion from $775 million. McConnell’s office said he had no role in securing the language, which was authored by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.). Versions of the water project measure passed both the House and Senate earlier this year.

--

The Olmsted project is located about 20 miles from the confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio rivers near where the borders of Kentucky, Illinois and Missouri meet. It was originally authorized a quarter-century ago and was only expected to cost $775 million. After decades of delays, engineering mistakes and cost overruns, the Army Corps of Engineers now expects to spend $2.9 billion on the project.
But Alexander, the ranking member of the appropriations subcommittee that funds water projects, said he and Feinstein, the committee’s chair, were responsible for the provision.

“According to the Army Corps of Engineers, 160 million taxpayer dollars will be wasted because of canceled contracts if this language is not included,” Alexander said in a statement. “Sen. Feinstein and I, as chairman and ranking member of the Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee, requested this provision. It has already been approved this year by the House and Senate.”​

I am sorry , but I find the timing a little hard to swallow..... this authorization certainly came at a most 'propitious moment'......

Yeah...business as usual it seems.McConnell is fighting to keep his job so a deal was made to make him look good...Just good politics...

But when the Tea party calls them on this they are demonized by both sides...

Democrats and Republicans don't give a shit because this is the way things get done....

Obama has already moved on from this it seems.
In his little speech tonight he seems ready to move n to the next shiny object in the room...

Immigration reform..

It's business as usual, kick the can down the road, raise the debt ceiling, borrow and spend, fuck the debt, republicans cave... and we are so fucked because Washington is broken, and they'll continue with this bull shit until there is a true, massive, implosion, and it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

But, in the meantime, the gimme-gimme-gimme, where's-my-freebie leftards are just happy as shit. The welfare checks, obama phones and EBT cards will all be good for awhile longer.

and the odds of being back at the same place in January are...

Vote all of them out!

--

same link-

The Senate’s version of the Water Resources Development Act, passed in May, included more complicated language that had the same impact. It passed 83-14. The House’s version of the water appropriations bill included the same language and passed 227-198.

Authorization doesn’t directly provide any additional money for the project but would make it eligible for inclusion in appropriations bills. The Army Corps of Engineers has a multibillion-dollar backlog of authorized projects that were never completed.

Read more: Conservatives accuse Mitch McConnell of 'Kentucky kickback' in spending deal - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com

ok, tell ya what, if he DOESN'T get the $$, I will retract.

Angel's will dance on pinheads first.....

American political intrigue according to British opinion? First of all the Brits assume that the Tea Party is akin to a Cromwell attack on the monarchy or the symbol of revolution that kicked their red coated asses back across the Pond. The Tea Party does not make demands. It consists of a loosely knit political pressure group of little old grey haired ladies and bald headed old Vets among other concerned citizens who carry around the document the Brits fought against about 250 years ago.

more at-

I'll be damned, Mitch was on the take for his state! Left Boehner holding a pile of shit while he made out. Politics can be cruel, but that's too much.

I'll be contributing $100 to whoever is McConnel's primary opponent. It's time to through out the garbage.

Has this government ever done anything on time and on budget?
And Democrats want government to get bigger and bigger.

- the only error above is not the project but that it is paid for by working Americans rather than party contributors (fat-cats) who's taxes are kept artificially low by mainly Rs like Alexander and McConnell.

more at-

I'll be contributing $100 to whoever is McConnel's primary opponent. It's time to through out the garbage.

A great idea.... enough with these career politicians.

Forum List

Back