Kentucky Clerk Once Again Denies Gay Marriage License, Despite Federal Order

This woman is hideous and fat, they should sue her ass and ruin her.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

You know she's a closeted lesbian.

MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky clerk's office on Thursday again refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, in defiance of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage across the country two months ago.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis has refused to issue any marriage licenses, citing her Christian faith and constitutional right to religious freedom, since the landmark decision in June.

She's breaking the law and violating the constitution.

It's unconstitutional for her to bring religion into a government job.

The supreme court has ruled over and over and over again that the first amendment says there's a separation between church and state. This woman is violating the first Amendment.

If she refuses to do that job she shouldn't have that job.

The government ISN'T going against the will of the people, because many of those people voted FOR gay marriage, which is why it's legal in those states.

The federal government upheld marriage equality, as it was ruled legal by the Supreme Court.

And yeah..............if her beliefs keep her from doing her job, she needs to find employment elsewhere.
You have been a little liar from the beginning when you started posting here. People have not voted in the states and pissy little lawfirms have been bought and paid for to get judges to rule in the favor of deviance. That does not mean it will continue to go that route.

Actually, in many states it WAS voted on.

And...............hate to tell you, but within 5 years, we're going to wonder why we ever stopped gays from being able to get married.

Too bad respect is no longer a two-way street. Hell, we should just behead the bitch, or maybe crucify her. Would serve her right, having some religious and moral convictions of her own with which homophiles might disagree!

She can believe anything she wants.

What she can't do is bring religion into a public state government job.

The first amendment requires that church and state be separate so the state can't deny someone public service or licenses based on religion.

If she refuses to do the job then she should find another job.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky clerk's office on Thursday again refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, in defiance of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage across the country two months ago.
Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis has refused to issue any marriage licenses, citing her Christian faith and constitutional right to religious freedom, since the landmark decision in June.

The supreme court has ruled over and over and over again that the first amendment says there's a separation between church and state. This woman is violating the first Amendment.

By your own theory then if you are breaking God's law you have no rights either. That is fine as choice gives you that.

No where does it say in the constitution that working as a public servant you must give up your rights to religious liberty and freedom. She is not in the military and she did not sign away those rights by contract.

The government ISN'T going against the will of the people, because many of those people voted FOR gay marriage, which is why it's legal in those states.

The federal government upheld marriage equality, as it was ruled legal by the Supreme Court.

And yeah..............if her beliefs keep her from doing her job, she needs to find employment elsewhere.
You have been a little liar from the beginning when you started posting here. People have not voted in the states and pissy little lawfirms have been bought and paid for to get judges to rule in the favor of deviance. That does not mean it will continue to go that route.
Given this and other posts, you're in no position to call anyone a 'liar.'

The notion that judges have been 'bought' is a lie.

And citizens' fundamental rights are not determined by popular vote; voters never had the authority to decide who will or will not have his civil rights.

You see, Kim Davis is an Apostolic Christian, and theirs is a unique and strict marriage custom: when an AC man begins to feel that God is ready for him to be married, he asks God to tell him the name of the woman he is supposed to marry. Once that name has been revealed, the man goes to the Elder of his community (Elders are always male) and tells the Elder the woman's name, and then the Elder— if after considerable prayer he has deemed the woman worthy—tells the Elder of the woman's community, who tells the woman, who then seeks an answer from God. If God is into it, she says yes and they are allowed to tell their families and good friends, and they're not allowed to be together unchaperoned until the wedding day, no more than four months later. There is a lot that goes into an Apostolic Christian marriage, which is why Ms. Davis has rigorously applied these principles to her job as a county clerk, assiduously researching the personal lives of each and every applicant to make sure they have fulfilled each requirement oh wait no she hasn't, she just gives licenses to every adult heterosexual couple who asks because that's her job and to involve herself any further into any license-seekers' relationships would get her fired and she knows it.

Kentucky County Clerk Kim Davis Has Principles (Sometimes!)

Given this and other posts, you're in no position to call anyone a 'liar.'

The notion that judges have been 'bought' is a lie.

And citizens' fundamental rights are not determined by popular vote; voters never had the authority to decide who will or will not have his civil rights.
That statement about the judges I can say with all truth and have stated judges here in Iowa were on the take from day one when I posted here. Many of them in this state are bought and paid for and that is not justice. People do get to vote and they will and are deciding at this very moment they have had all the 'gay' they can handle. Sorry its not over yet for liberty and freedom and it will not be in my life time. Forcing people to accept perversion and sickness is not a guaranteed right in the constitution; freedom of religion is.

If I were to say I don't like fags and dykes the lefty gay movement would have a cow. But I don't care! this is America and if she will not approve the license so be it find another clerk and STFU already. WAAAAA WAAAAAA WAAAAA BOOO HOOO HOOO!

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

By your own theory then if you are breaking God's law you have no rights either. That is fine as choice gives you that.

No where does it say in the constitution that working as a public servant you must give up your rights to religious liberty and freedom. She is not in the military and she did not sign away those rights by contract.

So let's say a Muslim DMV supervisor ordered his office not to issue licenses to women, you'd be okay with that?

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

Nonsense.

The issuing of marriage licenses has nothing to do with religion, and in no way is religious liberty being 'violated' by the courts compelling Davis to abide by the oath she took to obey, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

If she's incapable of fulfilling that duty for any reason – including religious – her only recourse is to resign.

Davis can't make official public policy of her personal religious beliefs – same-sex couples, as a fact of Constitutional law, are eligible to marry in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, whether the officers of the Commonwealth agree with that fact of law or not is completely irrelevant, and their being compelled to follow the Supreme Court's ruling does not 'violate' the First Amendment.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

So let's say a Muslim DMV supervisor ordered his office not to issue licenses to women, you'd be okay with that?
What is this "Gee, I don't know what else to say so I'll try to twist it into another issue altogether".

Ironic, the Iowa DMV employee here refused to give me a license. I kept my old one and when it came time to renew I just got mine elsewhere.

Let your gay folks go to someone else who is willing to give up their religious beliefs or does not care to get their license.

Too bad respect is no longer a two-way street. Hell, we should just behead the bitch, or maybe crucify her. Would serve her right, having some religious and moral convictions of her own with which homophiles might disagree!
Ignorant, hyperbolic nonsense.

If Davis is found to be in contempt of court, it will be because she refuses to obey the Constitution and the law, having nothing whatsoever to do with her religious beliefs.

If I were to say I don't like fags and dykes the lefty gay movement would have a cow. But I don't care! this is America and if she will not approve the license so be it find another clerk and STFU already. WAAAAA WAAAAAA WAAAAA BOOO HOOO HOOO!
It's fine what you like and don't like. But if you cannot do your job, get another one.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

What is this "Gee, I don't know what else to say so I'll try to twist it into another issue altogether".

Ironic, the Iowa DMV employee here refused to give me a license. I kept my old one and when it came time to renew I just got mine elsewhere.

Let your gay folks go to someone else who is willing to give up their religious beliefs or does not care to get their license.
Why did they refuse to give you a license? Was that refusal legal? If so, sucks to be you...if it wasn't legal, you had a right to press them to follow the law.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

Nonsense.

The issuing of marriage licenses has nothing to do with religion, and in no way is religious liberty being 'violated' by the courts compelling Davis to abide by the oath she took to obey, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

If she's incapable of fulfilling that duty for any reason – including religious – her only recourse is to resign.

Davis can't make official public policy of her personal religious beliefs – same-sex couples, as a fact of Constitutional law, are eligible to marry in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, whether the officers of the Commonwealth agree with that fact of law or not is completely irrelevant, and their being compelled to follow the Supreme Court's ruling does not 'violate' the First Amendment.
Your argumentative state sticking up for your illnesses and perversions have nothing to do with the original post that I posted here in this thread.

No one is afraid of a few queers or lesbians.

The Bible (the direct basis for many Christians, Jewish and Muslim religious convictions. Yes there are Muslims who believe in Jesus too!) clearly states marriage is between a man and a woman. Not two women or two men. I'd say you should have all gone for civil union status to protect each others contractual obligations but that was not on the agenda now was it? You would much rather help a certain few try to tear down the nation and force your own perversions and views onto others.

That is it I stated why I posted here to begin with. Fear of a few perverted folks is a ludicrous dream on y'all's part. I end with a quote from one of my favorite vice presidents, "go fuck yourselves".

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

Nonsense.

Your argumentative state sticking up for your illnesses and perversions have nothing to do with the original post that I posted here in this thread.

The Bible (the direct basis for many Christians, Jewish and Muslim religious convictions. Yes there are Muslims who believe in Jesus too!) clearly states marriage is between a man and a woman. Not two women or two men. I'd say you should have all gone for civil union status to protect each others contractual obligations but that was not on the agenda now was it? You would much rather help a certain few try to tear down the nation and force your own perversions and views onto others.

That is it I stated why I posted here to begin with. Fear of a few perverted folks is a ludicrous dream on y'all's part. I end with a quote from one of my favorite vice presidents, "go fuck yourselves".
Who cares about what the bible says when we are talking secular law?

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

Why did they refuse to give you a license? Was that refusal legal? If so, sucks to be you...if it wasn't legal, you had a right to press them to follow the law.
No she was not following the law. At the time I called her supervisor and elected not to have an Iowa drivers license shortly after that when my son was falsely arrested based on a DOT lie and then a hostile state policeman that threaten me when the son decided to take the matters he been falsely charged with up in court. DOT change the way they issued licenses also after that.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

Nonsense.

Who cares about what the bible says when we are talking secular law?
The people who have the freedom to choose their religion care and our most basic fundamental human rights law says that they have that liberty and right. Secular law does not trump the Constitutional right of freedom of religious choice. It is not abortion where you are trying to force another to give up their belief in their Bible. Again that's it no more responses here.

Forum List

Back