Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Vandalshandle, Sep 3, 2015.

1. TheProgressivePatriot

TheProgressivePatriot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    The commie infested, queer loving liberal NE USA
    Ratings:
    +2,765
    Who failed to "enforce" what law. Do you understand that there is a difference between enforcing a law and simply refusing to defend something-at the taxpayers expense- that is unconstitutional and destined to fail ?

It was the same thing with DOMA. The justice department just did not defend it, but until it was overturned, legally married same sex couples were still being deprived of federal benefits.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. TheProgressivePatriot

TheProgressivePatriot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    The commie infested, queer loving liberal NE USA
    Ratings:
    +2,765
    What a joke! These people have zero respect for the constitution and the rule of law!

WASHINGTON -- Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk who went to jail this month for refusing to follow the law and issue a marriage license to a gay couple, was given an award at Friday night's conservative Values Voter Summit.

Tony Perkins, of the Family Research Council, presented Davis with a "Cost of Discipleship Award" that compared her with Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks and Abraham Lincoln because, like them, she "pursued justice at great personal cost."

"In today's conflict over the meaning of the irreplaceable civil institution of marriage, one elected official, Kimberly Davis of Rowan County, Kentucky, has inspired millions of her fellow Americans," Perkins said, reading aloud from her award. "As her words and actions attest, she has proceeded with an unshakeable blend of humility and determination. In doing so, she has reminded us we must remember to kneel before we dare stand."

Davis got several standing ovations as she stood on stage. She cried each time, and received a bouquet of flowers as Perkins read the text of the award. Kim Davis Gets An Award For Breaking The Law To Discriminate Against Gay People

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,546
    Jerry Brown is a governor, not an AG (as suggested in your post prior the one directly above).

K. Harris is the AG of CA, and to my knowledge I do not know of any law either the Governor or the AG has violated.

If you have evidence post it, if it is your opinion, state why, if you lied or repeated a lie, STFU.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  4. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,546
    Thanks, too bad you'll never convince the Idiot Fringe.

Rumor has it that Tony Perkins has told his flock that God told him only a human sacrifice would prove his flock's allegiance; circumstantial evidence in the fact of missing girls across the bible belt suggests Perkins listened.

5. Where_r_my_Keys

Where_r_my_Keys BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    But only because they were entirely unqualified to receive those 'benefits'.

6. Where_r_my_Keys

Where_r_my_Keys BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    Who is it precisely that is attempting to convince you idiots of something?

7. Where_r_my_Keys

Where_r_my_Keys BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    True... but old Moon-beam, is not much of a governor. Which follows, given that it's not much of a human being.

But hey! In fairness... what Leftist is?

8. Where_r_my_Keys

Where_r_my_Keys BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    Yes... that's the same forum wherein she stated that she'd finally left the Democrat Party... after they had illicitly used the Judiciary to OVERTURN THE DEMOCRATICALLY PROCESSED LEGISLATION, wherein bills were long debated and passed by the DULY ELECTED Representatives of THE PEOPLE and signed INTO LAW by their DULY ELECTED CHIEF EXECUTIVES!

It turns out that illicitly using the judiciary is NOT SOMETHING THAT STANDS IN KEEPING WITH DEMOCRATIC PRINCIPLE, EXPOSING THE "DEMOCRAT PARTY" to be a FRAUD, that used DECEIT, to exploit the IGNORANCE of their shrinking constituency... and that their constituency is SHRINKING, is the reason that the obama cult is importing ILLEGALS BY THE TENS OF MILLIONS.

Now how cool is THAT?

9. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,546
    Apparently not, since the supreme court ruled otherwise, once again 5-4. But don't be too concerned Keys, of the next president to be elected in 2016 and take office in Jan 2017 is from your side of the argument - the idiot fringe brigade, Hypocties r. Us - he or she will find that Liberty and Justice should not be applied to those who violate God's laws.

At that point a majority of members of Congress will be purged for violating Sharia, oops, God's Law.

10. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,546
    So far he hasn't screwed and impregnated his domestic employee and as for calling him "moon-beam" I bet you have no idea why that moniker was applied to him.

BTW, Brown attended St. Ignatius High School and the University of San Francisco both in the Jesuit Tradition, and the Seminary. Pope Francis also matriculated in such a tradition. Of course that means nothing to someone like you, someone who holds to values - if that is appropriate to describe you - a callous conservative educated by Murdoch and Limbaugh.