Keeping My Promise to Expose Obama

You quit talking when your position was fully exposed. You don't think certain vets deserve care and others do. Obama simply responded to request FROM VETS to give them better care. The insurance idea was only a small suggestion in an otherwise huge budget increase. The insurance idea was hastily dropped while the VA still gets it's larger than asked for budget. And you were still complaining about providing care for more vets because it would cost too much.

Just who doesn't want to take care of our vets here ?

What have you exposed? That I can differentiate between two topics and point out the fact there is no validity to your argument whatsoever unless you disregard half the facts?

Gee, I fee bad about THAT.:cuckoo:

And listen up, asshole ... I AM a fucking vet. Don't tell me what I do and don't want vets to have. VA medical care is for vets who are permanently disabled while in the military and veterans who are injured/permanently disabled in a war serving the US military.

It is NOT for Jack, the guy who was in for 4 years from 81-85 who stubs his toe today to run down and burden the system. Yes they are vets. No, they are not entitled to medical care under the current provisions.

If you care so much about us vets, then perhaps you need to be asking why if Obama wants to open VA medical care to ALL vets, service-related injury or not, why he didn't give up a trillion dollars which might just cover the bill instead of making some bullshit, dishonest argument against ME.

I criticized Bush on Iraq all the time, was highly critical of his spending, poor governance, poor communication skills, evangelical tendencies, crony personnel selections. Could not stand him and lay the blame for what I believe will be an Obama disaster directly at his feet.

The veterans covering their own medical care was dropped. That is not the point. What administration worthy of support and of having any respect for the majority of its citizens would have even proposed such a thing? If it were not for the head of the VFW it might have gone forward.

Anyone looking for my backing down from this can forget it.

Backing down on what?

the fact that bad idea that was floated in policy discussions and summarily rejected by the POTUS?

Yeah, don't back down on that.

We'll all be sure to be impressed by your outrage on behalf of veterans.

one has to wonder where the poor concerned man was when Bush allowed vets to pay for items destroyed when they were wounded. Do you think he fought so hard to get this soldier his refund?

Or do you think he's just a whining anti-Obama-ite?

GI Billed for His Body Armor Gets Refund - Los Angeles Times

My vote's for the latter.

One GI? Surely you can make a better argument than THAT? How desperate can you get ...

And he GOT a refund. Lame. Weak. Dud. Fail.

it's hard to believe that somebody in G-4 fucked up.
:eusa_angel:

No shit, huh? That NEVER happens.:cuckoo:

It was an idea that was discussed.

It was deemed unfair and tossed.

Bush let vets be treated like dogs while he was in office.

As usual, you're full of shit. And the fact remains, Obama suggested we pay for our own medical care and Bush did not. If anyone has a notion to treat us like dogs, it's Obama.

The facts are what they are, and as usual, do not support you. Go back to your corner.

Gunny, the facts entirely support the fact that Bush let our Vets be treated like dogs;

White House Spins Bush's Neglect of Veterans

By Jason Leopold

Filed under > Commentary

(The Intelligence Daily) -- It’s not uncommon for Presidents to embellish their accomplishments upon leaving office, but George W. Bush, who will exit the White House leaving the country in the worst shape since Herbert Hoover, has gone a step further, moving past exaggeration into outright lying.
Last month, trying to change the emerging historical consensus about a failed presidency, the White House published two lengthy reports, “Highlights of Accomplishments and Results of the Administration of George W. Bush,” and “100 Things Americans May Not Know About the Bush Administration Record.”

One of the surprising claims that stood out among the combined 90 pages of so-called accomplishments was the White House’s glowing assessment of Bush’s record on veterans’ issues. Bush claims he “provided unprecedented resources for veterans” over the past eight years and provided “the highest level of support for veterans in American history.”

“The President also increased the benefits available to those who have served our Nation and transformed the veterans health care system to better serve those who have sacrificed for our freedom,” both reports claim, adding that he “instituted reforms for the care of wounded warriors ... and dramatically expanded resources for mental health services.”

The White House made these claims in the face of what former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld might have called a “known known” – that the treatment of veterans returning from deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan has been a national disgrace, highlighted most dramatically by the neglect and substandard care given wounded troops at Walter Reed and other military hospitals.

The budget increases that have occurred mostly were enacted over Bush’s opposition or related to the fact that injuries from the Iraq War far exceeded the administration’s rosy projections in early 2003. The Bush team especially underestimated how many cases of post-traumatic stress disorder to anticipate as well as the number of brain injuries, which have been endemic to the Iraq War where insurgents made effective use of “improvised explosive devices,” or IEDs.

Before Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq in March 2003, documents released by the Department of Veterans Affairs said it expected a maximum of 8,000 cases of post-traumatic stress disorder.

However, according to a study released last year by the RAND Institute, there are more than 320,000 veterans of the Iraq and Afghan wars suffering from major depression, PTSD and/or traumatic brain injury. The report found that the VA has been and continues to be ill-equipped to deal with these cases when soldiers return from combat, especially after multiple tours.

An Army task force last year also found major flaws in the way the VA treated and cared for veterans suffering from traumatic brain injuries.

Bush’s Record on VA Funding

For his part, Bush stacked the VA with political cronies, such as former Republican National Committee chairman Jim Nicholson, who as VA Secretary defended a budget measure that sought major cuts in staffing for healthcare and at the Board of Veterans Appeals; slashed funding for nursing home care; and blocked four legislative measures aimed at streamlining the backlog of veterans benefits claims.

Of the 84,000 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder by VA, only half, about 42,000, had their disability claim approved by VA. Instead of expediting PTSD claims, Bush's political appointees at VA actively fought against mental health claims.

You quit talking when your position was fully exposed. You don't think certain vets deserve care and others do. Obama simply responded to request FROM VETS to give them better care. The insurance idea was only a small suggestion in an otherwise huge budget increase. The insurance idea was hastily dropped while the VA still gets it's larger than asked for budget. And you were still complaining about providing care for more vets because it would cost too much.

What have you exposed? That I can differentiate between two topics and point out the fact there is no validity to your argument whatsoever unless you disregard half the facts?

And listen up, asshole ... I AM a fucking vet. Don't tell me what I do and don't want vets to have. VA medical care is for vets who are permanently disabled while in the military and veterans who are injured/permanently disabled in a war serving the US military.

It is NOT for Jack, the guy who was in for 4 years from 81-85 who stubs his toe today to run down and burden the system. Yes they are vets. No, they are not entitled to medical care under the current provisions.

If you care so much about us vets, then perhaps you need to be asking why if Obama wants to open VA medical care to ALL vets, service-related injury or not, why he didn't give up a trillion dollars which might just cover the bill instead of making some bullshit, dishonest argument against ME.

You are disregarding half the argument.

There was no solitary idea to bill insurance. It was part of a huge budget proposal for the VA. You latch onto that single, rejected idea and disregard the huge budget increase offered by Obama. He gave the single largest increase to the VA in history. That's the bottom line.

OpEdNews » Bush Cutbacks VA Hospitals But Praised Walter Reed

Yesterday (March 1), Walter Reed hospital director Major General George Weightman got canned. Army Secretary Francis Harvey said he lost "trust and confidence" in his ability to make improvements. Yet Weightman may be only a human sacrifice to save face when, in point of fact, the shoddy treatment at the Pentagon's flagship hospital is really the fault of the White House.

Recall that when President Bush visited Walter Reed on January 17, 2003 he praised it. On that occasion, Bush said, "Having been here and seeing the care that these troops (from Afghanistan) get is comforting for me and Laura. We are--should and must provide the best care for anybody who is willing to put their life in harm's way." Either Bush was dissembling or Walter Reed has careened madly downhill on his watch.

Anyway, go figure. Bush hails conditions at Walter Reed, a military facility that is not part of the VA system and where conditions are deplorable, yet, during his tenure, he has worked to make it tougher for vets to get care at VA hospitals which, for the most part, are excellent, as this vet can personally attest.

Yesterday (March 1), Walter Reed hospital director Major General George Weightman got canned. Army Secretary Francis Harvey said he lost "trust and confidence" in his ability to make improvements. Yet Weightman may be only a human sacrifice to save face when, in point of fact, the shoddy treatment at the Pentagon's flagship hospital is really the fault of the White House.

Recall that when President Bush visited Walter Reed on January 17, 2003 he praised it. On that occasion, Bush said, "Having been here and seeing the care that these troops (from Afghanistan) get is comforting for me and Laura. We are--should and must provide the best care for anybody who is willing to put their life in harm's way." Either Bush was dissembling or Walter Reed has careened madly downhill on his watch.

Anyway, go figure. Bush hails conditions at Walter Reed, a military facility that is not part of the VA system and where conditions are deplorable, yet, during his tenure, he has worked to make it tougher for vets to get care at VA hospitals which, for the most part, are excellent, as this vet can personally attest.

and this has what exactly to do with the topic?

if you said "nothing", you win!

try the other 87 keys, you've worn out this one.

jeebus.

One, if it's not a VA hospital, what does it have to do with this topic?

Two, do you honestly think the staff at a Walter Reed let the CinC look at their "dirty laundry"? Shit, when Nancy Reagan visited enlisted quarters in 29 Palms, the house assigned to be visited was completely remodeled inside and out and working parties spent two weeks spiffying up anything they though she MIGHT see.

It's ridiculous that the left tried to lay this on Bush. Lay it on the military. They probably had the staff and the wounded doing field day before his arrival, and hand-picked who he would see and where.

Careful, you might anger some of Obama's supporters...

behead_who_insult_obama.jpg
that looks like a photoshoped pic of an Islam protestor

As usual, you're full of shit. And the fact remains, Obama suggested we pay for our own medical care and Bush did not. If anyone has a notion to treat us like dogs, it's Obama.

The facts are what they are, and as usual, do not support you. Go back to your corner.

Gunny, the facts entirely support the fact that Bush let our Vets be treated like dogs;

By Jason Leopold

Filed under > Commentary

(The Intelligence Daily) -- It’s not uncommon for Presidents to embellish their accomplishments upon leaving office, but George W. Bush, who will exit the White House leaving the country in the worst shape since Herbert Hoover, has gone a step further, moving past exaggeration into outright lying.
Last month, trying to change the emerging historical consensus about a failed presidency, the White House published two lengthy reports, “Highlights of Accomplishments and Results of the Administration of George W. Bush,” and “100 Things Americans May Not Know About the Bush Administration Record.”

One of the surprising claims that stood out among the combined 90 pages of so-called accomplishments was the White House’s glowing assessment of Bush’s record on veterans’ issues. Bush claims he “provided unprecedented resources for veterans” over the past eight years and provided “the highest level of support for veterans in American history.”

“The President also increased the benefits available to those who have served our Nation and transformed the veterans health care system to better serve those who have sacrificed for our freedom,” both reports claim, adding that he “instituted reforms for the care of wounded warriors ... and dramatically expanded resources for mental health services.”

The White House made these claims in the face of what former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld might have called a “known known” – that the treatment of veterans returning from deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan has been a national disgrace, highlighted most dramatically by the neglect and substandard care given wounded troops at Walter Reed and other military hospitals.

The budget increases that have occurred mostly were enacted over Bush’s opposition or related to the fact that injuries from the Iraq War far exceeded the administration’s rosy projections in early 2003. The Bush team especially underestimated how many cases of post-traumatic stress disorder to anticipate as well as the number of brain injuries, which have been endemic to the Iraq War where insurgents made effective use of “improvised explosive devices,” or IEDs.

Before Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq in March 2003, documents released by the Department of Veterans Affairs said it expected a maximum of 8,000 cases of post-traumatic stress disorder.

However, according to a study released last year by the RAND Institute, there are more than 320,000 veterans of the Iraq and Afghan wars suffering from major depression, PTSD and/or traumatic brain injury. The report found that the VA has been and continues to be ill-equipped to deal with these cases when soldiers return from combat, especially after multiple tours.

An Army task force last year also found major flaws in the way the VA treated and cared for veterans suffering from traumatic brain injuries.

For his part, Bush stacked the VA with political cronies, such as former Republican National Committee chairman Jim Nicholson, who as VA Secretary defended a budget measure that sought major cuts in staffing for healthcare and at the Board of Veterans Appeals; slashed funding for nursing home care; and blocked four legislative measures aimed at streamlining the backlog of veterans benefits claims.

Of the 84,000 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder by VA, only half, about 42,000, had their disability claim approved by VA. Instead of expediting PTSD claims, Bush's political appointees at VA actively fought against mental health claims.
you use Jason Leopold as proof
:lol:
yeah, ask him when we will see "Rove Indicted"

that guy is a liar in the first order

One, if it's not a VA hospital, what does it have to do with this topic?

Two, do you honestly think the staff at a Walter Reed let the CinC look at their "dirty laundry"? Shit, when Nancy Reagan visited enlisted quarters in 29 Palms, the house assigned to be visited was completely remodeled inside and out and working parties spent two weeks spiffying up anything they though she MIGHT see.

It's ridiculous that the left tried to lay this on Bush. Lay it on the military. They probably had the staff and the wounded doing field day before his arrival, and hand-picked who he would see and where.
rockhead is using silly sources, that was not a news story, it was an OpEd

A while back when this administration entertained the idea of making wounded veterans pay for their own medical care, I promised that I would now start to expose everything the Obama adminstration does wrong.

I have opened up an attack dog forum and am posting everything reported by professional media outlets that in my view exposes wrong doing in this administration.

Promise kept.

If people actually volunteer to fight in the military, which they are doing then perhaps they should pay for their medical. I have to pay for mine why shouldn't they....nobody twisted their arm to fight the Bush Junior war. Yes. They should pay their own bills.

what an asshole you are. first chris and now you.

Last edited:

You are disregarding half the argument.

There was no solitary idea to bill insurance. It was part of a huge budget proposal for the VA. You latch onto that single, rejected idea and disregard the huge budget increase offered by Obama. He gave the single largest increase to the VA in history. That's the bottom line.

What is this ... you want to play role-reversal? I am disregarding nothing.

I have never stated there was a solitary idea to bill insurance. However, the idea in and of itself stands out among the rest. That is one idea.

The budget increase proposed is another idea and I have REPEATEDLY explained, in detail, the fallacy to your argument. You're seeing only the increase. You have steadfastly refused to acknowledge that opening up VA medical treatment to ALL vets, whether it's service related or not, will far outstrip ANY money Obama has proposed in overburdening both VA budget and infrastructure, and tried to spin that into my not supporting vets.

The bottom line is a net LOSS for the VA in both money and infrastructure.

This is too obvious. You're either being purposefully obtuse, or you lack the capability to comprehend complex ideas and/or the simple fact that if you give me a billion dollars then burden me with 10b in expenditures, you aren't doing me any favors.

By Jason Leopold

Filed under > Commentary

The facts don't support shit without a liberal dose of spin. When you have something that is a departure from the norm for ALL Presidents, let me know. All you're saying here is Bush handed the VA off to someone else to run. Like they ALL do. The VA wasn't invented when Bush was elected. He inherited it.

This is an attempt at deflection, plain and simple. Note, Obama isn't being accused of creating the system. He's only being accused of what specifically came from HIM. Conversely, in the left's usual effort to throw bullshit against the wall, y'all try to blame the entire system on Bush. BIG difference.

Forum List

Back