Keeping My Promise to Expose Obama

I said I was going to do go after Obama and followed up. That is that. I am really hot about what this administration is doing and the veteran's issue did it for me. If that annoys people or violates any rules, so be it.
That might annoy some, but it doesn't violate any rules that I know of.

Using this board to advertise yours, trying to steal traffic, does.

It's one of the most basic tenets of web mastering: Don't spam other boards with links to your own. No matter the reason. Build your own traffic.

I said I was going to do go after Obama and followed up. That is that. I am really hot about what this administration is doing and the veteran's issue did it for me. If that annoys people or violates any rules, so be it.

So then, you're against timely, increased funding for vets. That is what has transpired.

So then, you're against timely, increased funding for vets. That is what has transpired.
What's actually transpired is unfunded mandates. That you and other idiot Obama apologists try to use as a strawman to dismiss the fact that Obama said he wanted Vets to pay for their own war injuries.

And since you all went to the Goebbels school of propaganda, you believe if you say a lie loud enough and long enough, folks will start to believe it.

Ok. I don't see myself stealing anything. I do not make a dime posting anything anywhere - which is what that guideline was all about as I recall. But if that is the point of view of the board, fine.

To me it was follow up and I am not going to respond on the issue any further.

What's actually transpired is unfunded mandates. That you and other idiot Obama apologists try to use as a strawman to dismiss the fact that Obama said he wanted Vets to pay for their own war injuries.

And since you all went to the Goebbels school of propaganda, you believe if you say a lie loud enough and long enough, folks will start to believe it.

That's a lie. No one ever said that vets would pay for their own injuries.

It's non issue anyway, as it is not under consideration. Just something for the partisans to cling to, as clinging is their way of life.

Gunny --
Apologize. I am just so fired up about what happens to wounded vets and how they are treated when they come home in general. This nonsense from Obama is just the kind of thing I expected, but hoped he would not do.

The issue has pushed my loyalty to my command button. I am normally quiet about my military roots and views.

Anyway. Hope you can look past the previous post and accept my apology.

Gunny --
Apologize for my response to your email on my exposing Obama on a new forum. I am just so fired up about what happens to wounded vets and how they are treated when they come home in general. This nonsense from Obama is just the kind of thing I expected, but hoped he would not do.

The issue has pushed the loyalty to my command button. I am normally quiet about my military roots and views.

IO

Last edited:
I'm not a wounded vet nor do I play one on TV, but I am 10000% for better treatment for them. Can you please enlighten me as to what "nonsense from Obama" you're speaking about?

Thanks.

Gunny --
Apologize for my response to your email on my exposing Obama on a new forum. I am just so fired up about what happens to wounded vets and how they are treated when they come home in general. This nonsense from Obama is just the kind of thing I expected, but hoped he would not do.

The issue has pushed the loyalty to my command button. I am normally quiet about my military roots and views.

IO

You think you ruffled even ONE of Gunnys feathers? Dream on you fat fuck..this is Retired USMC Gunnery Seargent we are talkin about.

He's over reacting to a badly written (probably on purpose) story that someobody floated the idea that veterans would recieve their health care through private insurers, which might have necessitated that they might have to pay (as most of us do) some part of the cost of the health care.

Now understand, what he's reacting to was not a policy that was advanced beyond being considered (and rejected) at the committee level, but apparently he is under the impression that event somehow makes Obama the devil or soemthing.

Apparently he imagines that Obama is responsible for every random thought of ever committee member or WONK in goverment.

That or he's merely a drama queen seeking to show us how terribly patriotic he is.

Hard to tell, really.

The story is essantially nothing but the tempest in a teacup sort of partisan blather that we're often exposed to here.

All one had to do is read the story itself (it's linked to on some other thread) and you'll realize that there was really nothing to it whatever.

But if one WANTS to make up tripe to bitch about, one can easily pretend that one's reading skills are non-existent, and that one doesn't really understand that this story has no legs.

He's over reacting to a badly written (probably on purpose) story that someobody floated the idea that veterans would recieve their health care through private insurers, which might have necessitated that they might have to pay (as most of us do) some part of the cost of the health care.

Now understand, what he's reacting to was not a policy that was advanced beyond being considered (and rejected) at the committee level, but apparently he is under the impression that event somehow makes Obama the devil or soemthing.

Apparently he imagines that Obama is responsible for every random thought of ever committee member or WONK in goverment.

That or he's merely a drama queen seeking to show us how terribly patriotic he is.

Hard to tell, really.

The story is essantially nothing but the tempest in a teacup sort of partisan blather that we're often exposed to here.

All one had to do is read the story itself (it's linked to on some other thread) and you'll realize that there was really nothing to it whatever.

But if one WANTS to make up tripe to bitch about, one can easily pretend that one's reading skills are non-existent, and that one doesn't really understand that this story has no legs.

yea...that must be it .....cnn being such a right wing biased news operation.....

Hard to tell, really.

fuck all that. Obama never should have considered that idea.

Hard to tell, really.

There are TWO sides to the issue, and this the third thread.

First, I guess I had better go see what his response is.:lol:

Second, you are correct. The idea never got past drawing board stage. I don't believe anyone has made an assertion otherwise. There was more than one story, and not all were badly written. Obama proposed the idea.

THAT is what is being discussed. Given the light in which some Bush discussion were brought up based on nothing, I'd say at least this one has merit. The second Obama presented the argument Democrats began peeing their pants and fearing for their political lives, and shot it down.

However, the mindset remains. I have NO qualms criticizing Obama for an idea he presented that is bullshit, and screws vets anymore than I ever had any about criticizing Bush when I thought he was wrong.

What some of the 'bots can't see past is the fact that this is not a partisan issue; yet, one in particular has his partisan brain so in-gear he can't even acknowledge the facts. He can't or won't even differentiate between an idea presented and the mindset behind that idea, and what was actually signed into law which are two, completely separate things.

When the bureaucracy -- Republicans and Democrats alike -- go grubbing for money, they look at the military first. It sucks and I will argue against it no matter who is doing it, or what political party they belong to.

Screwing the military and screwing vets is a matter of course for the government. We're used as their social experimentation ground. Why not? No one's allowed to talk back and you get your ass burned if you refuse to follow orders.

Hard to tell, really.

Really? That's not the impression I got.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Veterans groups are angry after President Obama told them Monday that he is still considering a proposal to have treatment for service-connected injuries charged to veterans' private insurance plans.

Some of the veterans groups were caught off guard when the president said the administration is still thinking about the idea as a way of generating $540 million for the Department of Veterans Affairs in 2010. The groups and some members of Congress have been very vocal in opposing the idea.

The message, according to some of the people in the room, was that if the groups do not like this idea, they need to come back with another way of saving or raising revenue for the VA.

"I got the distinct impression that the only hope of this plan not being enacted is for an alternative plan to be developed that would generate the desired $540 million in revenue," Cmdr. David Rehbein of the American Legion said in a written statement.

The president was sympathetic to the needs of veterans, Gorman said, but insisted that the insurance companies are getting away with not paying for anything.

"The vets are paying premiums to insurance companies, and that is a free ride that needs to stop," Gorman said in describing the president's message to the group.

Veterans groups irate at Obama's private insurance proposal - CNN.com

Gunny,
Don't Advertise--
Drop dead. No one on this board needs any guidance from anyone especially someone as vulgar as you.

Gunny --
Apologize. I am just so fired up about what happens to wounded vets and how they are treated when they come home in general. This nonsense from Obama is just the kind of thing I expected, but hoped he would not do.

The issue has pushed my loyalty to my command button. I am normally quiet about my military roots and views.

Apology accepted.

For future reference, if you have a problem with a staff decision, please address it via PM, not on the board. The owner of the board has established a policy of no advertising on USMB without express permission. I enforce that policy.

If you or anyone else wishes to advertise on USMB, feel free to contact me via PM.

Hard to tell, really.

yea...that must be it .....cnn being such a right wing biased news operation.....

Thank you for proving my point that people read but do not understand what they just read.

Hard to tell, really.

There are TWO sides to the issue, and this the third thread.

First, I guess I had better go see what his response is.:lol:

Second, you are correct. The idea never got past drawing board stage. I don't believe anyone has made an assertion otherwise. There was more than one story, and not all were badly written. Obama proposed the idea.

Perhaps I missed that part of the story that said that OBAMA came up with the idea.

THAT is what is being discussed. Given the light in which some Bush discussion were brought up based on nothing, I'd say at least this one has merit. The second Obama presented the argument Democrats began peeing their pants and fearing for their political lives, and shot it down.

If Obama came up with this idea, then Obama was a damned fool.

However, the mindset remains. I have NO qualms criticizing Obama for an idea he presented that is bullshit, and screws vets anymore than I ever had any about criticizing Bush when I thought he was wrong.

Niether, obviously do I.

What some of the 'bots can't see past is the fact that this is not a partisan issue; yet, one in particular has his partisan brain so in-gear he can't even acknowledge the facts. He can't or won't even differentiate between an idea presented and the mindset behind that idea, and what was actually signed into law which are two, completely separate things.

Good point and one I obviously failed to make clearly enough.

When the bureaucracy -- Republicans and Democrats alike -- go grubbing for money, they look at the military first. It sucks and I will argue against it no matter who is doing it, or what political party they belong to.

But the Veterans ADMIN is NOT the military budget, is it?

Screwing the military..

Seldom happens

and screwing vets is a matter of course for the government.

Yes very true, and screwing the Vets has been par for the course ever since the REVOUTIONARY war, too.

We're used as their social experimentation ground. Why not? No one's allowed to talk back and you get your ass burned if you refuse to follow orders.

So true. Been there. Got the dog tags and everything.

Nobody got screwed. That's the point. You guys keep saying somebody got screwed. Nothing happened.

The whole point, and Obama made it himself, was that the insurance companies were getting a free ride from vets and the VA. That was the whole thing. The ONLY way vets would have been screwed was by their INSURANCE companies. So, to keep insurance companies from screwing vets, the matter was dropped.

Nobody got screwed. That's the point. You guys keep saying somebody got screwed. Nothing happened.

The whole point, and Obama made it himself, was that the insurance companies were getting a free ride from vets and the VA. That was the whole thing. The ONLY way vets would have been screwed was by their INSURANCE companies. So, to keep insurance companies from screwing vets, the matter was dropped.
wow, talk about not getting the point
those insurance companies would not have been able to cover those costs
it would have forced them to drop any coverage for anyone connected to the military

you really have no business sense, do you?

wow, talk about not getting the point
those insurance companies would not have been able to cover those costs
it would have forced them to drop any coverage for anyone connected to the military

you really have no business sense, do you?

Like I said, the insurance companies would have screwed the vets if they actually had to pay the medical bills of the people that paid them to do so.

And it remains a free ride for the insurance companies now. I sure would like to offer insurance to peole who already have health care from the VA. That's a pretty damn neat racket.

Forum List

Back