Katrina - Owners of St. Rita's Nursing Home Charged With 34 Counts of Murder

Bonnie said:
And did you notice that when the troops did finally arrive order for the most part was restored within 24 hours?

Yep and the Governor should have known New Orleans was going become violent
and she should have been on the horn to bush to get them down here while the storm was hitting.

rcajun90 said:
The buck stops with Blanco. I'm white and I like Nagin. Despite what the national media might be turning this into, it's not a white or black issue. New Orleans was desegregated before the 60's. Because of our French heritage there were wealthy Free People of Color that even owned slaves before the Civil War. If Nagin wouldn't have gone on his rampage then Blanco wouldn't have given Bush the green light to go. I heard ( I don't know if it is true ) that Bush had the national guard and everything to go Houston but Blanco said no it the early days. Blanco is heavly tied to my college and I was ready to give her the benifit of the doubt but her negligance to me is criminal and if any politician is going to prosecuted, it should start with her. BTW things are slowly starting to turn to normal in the New Orleans suburbs.

I'm not in NO, so have now basis of knowing what Nagin has or hasn't done, up to this point. I just know that on this, he went beyond fumbling, into criminal. Obviously it isn't a racist attack, since the governor, more at fault, is white.

Forum List

Back