~Karaoke~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Have you ever done it??
Was it fun??
What song did you sing??

I personally have never done karaoke. I am afraid of making a big silly goof of myself :lol:

First time for me was last week. Got way drunk at a conference I was moderating. 40+ teachers from across the state. We had a DJ and opened up the bar.

I sang "Proud Mary". It was hilarious. The monitor showed an 18 second lead-in to the song, so I filled it with some ad lib rap.

First time for me was last week. Got way drunk at a conference I was moderating. 40+ teachers from across the state. We had a DJ and opened up the bar.

I sang "Proud Mary". It was hilarious. The monitor showed an 18 second lead-in to the song, so I filled it with some ad lib rap.

Good for you!!! That's a good song for karaoke, has some good beat to it :)

Have you ever done it??
Was it fun??
What song did you sing??

I personally have never done karaoke. I am afraid of making a big silly goof of myself :lol:

I lived in Japan during my Navy days.
It was a way of life over there
After a quart of Scotch - no one is listening to you anyway LOL

Oh, and "Love Her Madly" and other Doors selections were always my personal favorites

I tried "Bad Blood" by Neil Sadaka one night, extremely intoxicated

The shore patrol had to return me to the ship after the Japanese bartender threw me out

Have you ever done it??
Was it fun??
What song did you sing??

You do have a point there :lol:
I'm not much of a drinker, but maybe if I had a couple of drinks in me, I would feel relaxed enough to make a fool of myself *haha*
But everyone that I have ever seen, do karaoke, had a great time doing it!

Have you ever done it??
Was it fun??
What song did you sing??

You do have a point there :lol:
I'm not much of a drinker, but maybe if I had a couple of drinks in me, I would feel relaxed enough to make a fool of myself *haha*
But everyone that I have ever seen, do karaoke, had a great time doing it!

I don't do it anymore, as I am usually in bed by 9. LOL!

Wife still does. Every Thursday - after church choir rehearsal, she and the gang go out for a couple hours.

I tried to sing that Queen song, Boheimian Rapsady once at karaoke. I was drunk and it was ugly. That was my only attempt at karaoke and my last.

I tried to sing that Queen song, Boheimian Rapsady once at karaoke. I was drunk and it was ugly. That was my only attempt at karaoke and my last.

That's a tough song to try karaoke with BBD...try something like a Rolling Stones number :lol:

That's a tough song to try karaoke with BBD...try something like a Rolling Stones number :lol:

Norwegian Wood (Beatles/Rubber Soul) - is a good Karaoke 101.
Yesterday (Beatles) is an easy one too.

I once read an article, and it mentioned what the number one song for karaoke was, but hell if I can remember it.
As long as you're up there having fun, who cares huh ~LoL~

Yeah finally got me cherry popped. :D

There's a few Yes tunes I know by heart but no DJ would have anything other than Roundabout or Owner Uvva Lonely Heart and I'd refuse to sing along with that.
Maybe I could go a cappella - like the opening stanzas to The Remembering from Tales from Topographic Oceans....

Dawn of a light lying between the silence and sold sources
Chased amid fusions of wonder
In moments hardly seen forgotten
colored in pastures of chance dancing leaves cast spells of challenge
amused but real in thought... we fled from the sea...
;)

Give it a try, what the worst that can happen. Its not like they are going to shoot you...well that may depend where your at. lol

Forum List

Back