JUstice Thomas to resign after election?

And you're no lawyer:slap: Thomas has many times your intellect.. We haven't seen much of one coming from you on this board regardless
Then why doesn't he use it? Or why doesn't he verbalize it? And what makes you an expert on the guy? Explain why he doesn't talk? He's the silent one on Penn and teller

Not his style, although he sure shut up the leftist half- wit Joe Biden and the rest of the leftist scum:clap2:

funny.... biden should have allowed all the other women thomas sexually harassed to speak.

i always find it amusing when right-wingers get offended by the truth and talk about it being "leftist".

either way... thomas wasn't even a judge when they put him on the court. giving him thurgood marshall's seat was disgusting.

Is there a requirement to be a sitting judge to be named to SCOTUS?

Nope, in fact there are ZERO requirements. You don't even have to be a lawyer.

And PS Thomas was more qualified to be a Justice than Hillary was to be Sec State, or Obama was to be President. PERIOD.

You ignorant hack

If Republicans are in charge all you have to be is a right wing yes man. Simply turn in the legislation ALEC hands you. Don't read it.

And the left wing isn't the exact same way? Shut the fuck up.

The entire SCOTUS is a fucking disgrace, I doubt a single one of those motherfuckers actually looks at the constitutionality of anything when they rule. Not just SCOTUS but the entire federal judicial system.

Make me a judge, or anyone who actually believed in non partisan based rulings that held to the law, and you would see both sides always pissed at the Court.

as if this election wasn't serious enough, the rumor is Thomas will be stepping down after the election......if you value your rights...vote Trump.

thomas wasn't fit to be a judge in the first place.

And you're no lawyer:slap: Thomas has many times your intellect.. We haven't seen much of one coming from you on this board regardless

Guaranteed Jillian isn't a lawyer, no matter how much she pretends otherwise.
Who the fuck would pretend to be a fucking lawyer? No offense jill

Then why doesn't he use it? Or why doesn't he verbalize it? And what makes you an expert on the guy? Explain why he doesn't talk? He's the silent one on Penn and teller

Not his style, although he sure shut up the leftist half- wit Joe Biden and the rest of the leftist scum:clap2:

funny.... biden should have allowed all the other women thomas sexually harassed to speak.

i always find it amusing when right-wingers get offended by the truth and talk about it being "leftist".

either way... thomas wasn't even a judge when they put him on the court. giving him thurgood marshall's seat was disgusting.

And PS Thomas was more qualified to be a Justice than Hillary was to be Sec State, or Obama was to be President. PERIOD.

You ignorant hack

If Republicans are in charge all you have to be is a right wing yes man. Simply turn in the legislation ALEC hands you. Don't read it.

The entire SCOTUS is a fucking disgrace, I doubt a single one of those motherfuckers actually looks at the constitutionality of anything when they rule. Not just SCOTUS but the entire federal judicial system.

Make me a judge, or anyone who actually believed in non partisan based rulings that held to the law, and you would see both sides always pissed at the Court.

Actually not a bad idea. Have 5 Republicans and 5 libs pick the judges. Send them in a room and wait for black smoke to come out of the chimney indicating they have chosen a new Pope.

You ignorant hack

Actually not a bad idea. Have 5 Republicans and 5 libs pick the judges. Send them in a room and wait for black smoke to come out of the chimney indicating they have chosen a new Pope.

Anything would be better than letting them the nincompoop Senators we have decide who gets to be a Justice. Of course I suppose we could just get rid of the nincompoop Senators......

You ignorant hack

Anything would be better than letting them the nincompoop Senators we have decide who gets to be a Justice. Of course I suppose we could just get rid of the nincompoop Senators......
As long as 5 libs and 5 cons agree the person isn't too left or right I'm cool.

wrong again. guaranteed failure is you!

Oh, well another anonymous partisan whack job assures me that Jillian is a lawyer, well that settles that....
And we're to believe you are whatever it is you say you are, which is?

I always love to know what Republican voters do. I understand rich people voting GOP but what is it you claim to do?

You ignorant hack

My belief is judges shouldn't be left NOR right when it comes to ruling on cases.

Especially when ruling on the Constitutionality of laws.

A law is either valid or it isn't , and no Justice should be thinking "well I'm for gun control, so let's see how I can make this law legal" or "Well, I'm pro life, so let's see how I can make this law legal" as two examples.

That is an activist judge, one who actively uses their bias to decide on matters of the law.

Imagine if a judge was ruling in your criminal case and said to himself "you know, I hate murderers, so let me see if I can find a way to get this evidence in even though technically it shouldn't be in" That isn't right.

Unfortunately , the Justices are not immune from the utter stupidity we see in America today though.

SCOTUS is no longer a check and balance to power. They are a rubber stamp for whichever side has more justices.

Look at the two idiots we have running for POTUS. Trump, of course , has promised to name Conservative justices to the Court and Lord only knows how liberal of judges Hillary would appoint.

Shouldn't they be promising to appoint Justices who will adhere to the law regardless of the political impact?

SCOTUS isn't supposed to be just a check against the President, or even against Congress, they are also supposed to be a check against the will of the vast stupid majority. They are the ones who are supposed to say "no , I don't care if most Americans want to take guns away from people, right here in plain English, with 200 years of judicial review to back it up we see that gun ownership is a RIGHT that the majority can't remove from the minority sans a Constitutional amendment " just for example.

wrong again. guaranteed failure is you!

Oh, well another anonymous partisan whack job assures me that Jillian is a lawyer, well that settles that....
And we're to believe you are whatever it is you say you are, which is?

I always love to know what Republican voters do. I understand rich people voting GOP but what is it you claim to do?

Care to show where I've ever claimed to be a Republican? I'm the very definition of an independent. I think both sides are stupid morons who occasionally (very) get something right.

My belief is judges shouldn't be left NOR right when it comes to ruling on cases.

A law is either valid or it isn't , and no Justice should be thinking "well I'm for gun control, so let's see how I can make this law legal" or "Well, I'm pro life, so let's see how I can make this law legal" as two examples.

That is an activist judge, one who actively uses their bias to decide on matters of the law.

Imagine if a judge was ruling in your criminal case and said to himself "you know, I hate murderers, so let me see if I can find a way to get this evidence in even though technically it shouldn't be in" That isn't right.

Unfortunately , the Justices are not immune from the utter stupidity we see in America today though.

SCOTUS is no longer a check and balance to power. They are a rubber stamp for whichever side has more justices.

Look at the two idiots we have running for POTUS. Trump, of course , has promised to name Conservative justices to the Court and Lord only knows how liberal of judges Hillary would appoint.

Shouldn't they be promising to appoint Justices who will adhere to the law regardless of the political impact?

SCOTUS isn't supposed to be just a check against the President, or even against Congress, they are also supposed to be a check against the will of the vast stupid majority. They are the ones who are supposed to say "no , I don't care if most Americans want to take guns away from people, right here in plain English, with 200 years of judicial review to back it up we see that gun ownership is a RIGHT that the majority can't remove from the minority sans a Constitutional amendment " just for example.
1. It wasn't lib judges who went against stari decisis

2. Democrats could never get a liberal judge appointed. Republican hose and senators would never have allowed it.

3. Citizens united. Don't complain the system isn't rigged.

1. It wasn't lib judges who went against stari decisis

2. Democrats could never get a liberal judge appointed. Republican hose and senators would never have allowed it.

3. Citizens united. Don't complain the system isn't rigged.

1. Who mentioned stari decisis? If a previous Court mishandled a topic, of course it should come before the Court again, that wasn't my point.

2. Under this Current group of morons running the Senate? Probably true, but there is no guarantee that will be the case next year

3. Of course the system is rigged. It's rigged in favor of morons who have money and convince stupid average people that they are right.

All you leftist idiots care about is stupidity. Your style is personal destruction of people you don't agree with philosophically. Notice how you people crying over election, Obama a man who wasn't qualified for any position, other than that of a leftist agitator, you made president, or the half-wit Elizabeth Warren, who should have been laughed out of her position as college professor, let alone elected to the senate This is what the country as descended into...the dumbing down of the country...So sad:(

The GOP is filled with loser representatives and it's amazing how stupid Republican voters are. For you to hate Elizabeth Warren tells me you are just a partisan hack

Hate her? shes an embarrassment. Im ashamedwe have such idiot in congress and even more so that people actually follow an idiot like that:uhoh3:

as if this election wasn't serious enough, the rumor is Thomas will be stepping down after the election......if you value your rights...vote Trump.

Yeah, we don't need no n1ggers ruling on constitutional issues, right Jillian?

no loon. it has nothing to do with his color. but since you judge everyone based on color, that might make sense to your limited intellect.

he wasn't fit to be a judge because he was incompetent and not smart enough.

you know.... on the merits. something imbeciles like you have no clue about.

Coming from a hit and run poster here, who rarely post anything of substance:rolleyes:

Justice Roberts screwed us over on Obamacare but this is a good piece on the rock Justice Thomas

These tempests obscure a larger truth about Thomas: that this year has also been, for him, a moment of triumph. In several of the most important areas of constitutional law, Thomas has emerged as an intellectual leader of the Supreme Court. Since the arrival of Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., in 2005, and Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr., in 2006, the Court has moved to the right when it comes to the free-speech rights of corporations, the rights of gun owners, and, potentially, the powers of the federal government; in each of these areas, the majority has followed where Thomas has been leading for a decade or more. Rarely has a Supreme Court Justice enjoyed such broad or significant vindication.

The conventional view of Thomas takes his lack of participation at oral argument as a kind of metaphor. The silent Justice is said to be an intellectual nonentity, a cipher for his similarly conservative colleague, Antonin Scalia. But those who follow the Court closely find this stereotype wrong in every particular. Thomas has long been a favorite of conservatives, but they admire the Justice for how he gives voice to their cause, not just because he votes their way. “Of the nine Justices presently on the Court, he is the one whose opinions I enjoy reading the most,

Partners - The New Yorker

nice opinion piece.

you're right dear... I don't spend my day posting extremist lunacy like you do. I actually work.

justice Roberts acted like a real judge. you just think the court is supposed to be the lapdog for rightwingnut idiots.

You work? you're here much more than i am, you just don't post anything of substance try it sometime:thup:

Thomas has been very upset ever since Scalia died. Now he's expected to ask questions and at least to feign interest in the cases he's deliberating. Something he never had to do before.

Honestly, it's surprising that he's considering retiring now instead of decades ago.

sure... that's the reason. couldn't possibly be that the last important decision of the court was 7 to 1 and he doesn't have scalia telling him what to do anymore.

he has always been unfit to be justice of the high court.

awww.... Jroc amusing that you don't understand how he's viewed by people who know what a judge should be.
A judge should adhere to the constitution ..It's very simple Clarence Thomas does that

poor dear.... looks like you're still incapable of being correct about anything.

as for intellect, you wouldn't know... he doesn't ask questions or write opinions. he did want scalia told him to.

he was never qualified for the job. he had never even been a judge. but that doesn't matter to ignorant neoconwackjobs like you.

Are you sure you're a lawyer:dunno:

Supreme Court Collection: Opinions by Justice Thomas

Forum List

Back