Justice Scalia: 'Why no ancient Greek gay marriages?'

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
The justice [Scalia] noted the Greeks and Romans had no moral disapproval of homosexual relations, yet neither culture ever considered approving same-sex marriage. The implication was that those cultures must have found it would cause some sort of harm to society.

GO SCALIA!

Scalia Why no ancient Greek gay marriages

I thought going outside of American law was frowned on by you freaks to the far right.

scalia-2.jpg

I thought that homo-sexual marriage was going to destroy the US?
But...now you're saying that neither Greece nor Rome allowed homo-sexual marriage...and I note that both empires have disappeared.
Why would you want to repeat their mistake?

But...now you're saying that neither Greece nor Rome allowed homo-sexual marriage...and I note that both empires have disappeared.
Both empires declined because that's what happens to all empires. But in the history of man, few empires rival that of Greko-Rome for longevity. They didn't allow gay marriage but they allowed pederasty, the prostitution of young boys. Justice Scalia could have done better if he wanted to cite an example of a morally splendid society.

The justice [Scalia] noted the Greeks and Romans had no moral disapproval of homosexual relations, yet neither culture ever considered approving same-sex marriage. The implication was that those cultures must have found it would cause some sort of harm to society.

GO SCALIA!

Greeks and Romans were logical thinkers. They understood the fundamental purpose of things.

GO SCALIA!

Greeks and Romans were logical thinkers. They understood the fundamental purpose of things.
That women were chattel to be forced into marriage for baby making.

Both empires declined because that's what happens to all empires. But in the history of man, few empires rival that of Greko-Rome for longevity. They didn't allow gay marriage but they allowed pederasty, the prostitution of young boys. Justice Scalia could have done better if he wanted to cite an example of a morally splendid society.
I disagree. He didn't want to cite a morally splendid society.

Even in licentious societies, same-sex marriages were never a consideration.

GO SCALIA!

Yes, pederasty was so much better than gay marriage. I'm sorry but I can't go along with this line of bullshit. Scalia is off his Ensure on this one and conservatives shouldn't be rushing to the defense of the Greeks or Romans without knowing the whole story.

I disagree. He didn't want to cite a morally splendid society.

Even in licentious societies, same-sex marriages were never a consideration.
We're not talking about licentious societies, we're talking about societies that allowed their children to be exploited sexually. Gay marriage is benign by comparison. So the "at least they didn't allow gay marriage" argument is just absurd when boys were being buggered by perverts instead.

GO SCALIA!

Yes, like orgies.....

Forum List

Back