CDZ Just Wondering

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
None of the candidates are addressing the crashlanding of China nor the growing insolvency of the blue wall on the negative side. On the positive side the number of LNG ports/plants should increase rapidly to reduce the marginal costs of drilling in the US. With a natural monopoly in the eastern Pacific, there is a decent probability of sales above world market price. This is not being addressed either. If "It's the economy stupid!" is still a winning formula does this mean that the entire field of candidates are incompetent or have they decided that playing "You're it" is the proper strategy?

None of the candidates are addressing the crashlanding of China nor the growing insolvency of the blue wall on the negative side. On the positive side the number of LNG ports/plants should increase rapidly to reduce the marginal costs of drilling in the US. With a natural monopoly in the eastern Pacific, there is a decent probability of sales above world market price. This is not being addressed either. If "It's the economy stupid!" is still a winning formula does this mean that the entire field of candidates are incompetent or have they decided that playing "You're it" is the proper strategy?

1. It might be they've decided that.
  2. Most, if not all of the field of candidates, are incompetent.
I don't see the two options you've presented as being mutually exclusive. It could well be that both are correct, incorrect, or both, one or the other are correct and incorrect to varying degrees.

I concur with both for the field as a whole and variations. Within the field how would you categorize each candidate?

I concur with both for the field as a whole and variations. Within the field how would you categorize each candidate?

Categorize them on what basis?
  • In general?
  • Economics principles and application, along with their manifestation of same?
  • Intellect?
  • Knowledge of financial services industry or some other industry topics?
  • Personal integrity? Ethics?
  • Image and optics (political, personal, etc.)?
  • One or several other things?
P.S.
I wrote that I think most of them are incompetent. I don't actually believe that. I wrote that more for comedic effect than anything else.

I would be amazed if any of them could give the arguments for and against doing a trans-Canada that does not include Canada.

I would be amazed if any of them could give the arguments for and against doing a trans-Canada that does not include Canada.

You haven't given me a context for your early question (post #3), and I really don't want to march down some road that isn't what you have in mind for this thread. (I'd feel differently were the thread at the point where there're no new and substantive vantage points of merit to present.) Thus I'm reticent to comment further.

Forum List

Back