Zone1 Black Favoritism is a Hoax. Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being intentionally disingenuous.

The Civil Rights bill of 1991 said, "Trust me, I'm not a quota bill", but then made it a LOT easier for aggrieved minorities to sue for job discrimination. And the best preventive measure for that was to simply hire more minorities. Which is fine if they are qualified. But then you get the person who gets hired because they are just trying to fill a Diversity, Inclusion and Equity quota.

I've seen it happen. I saw it happen when Myself and another white guy who were contractors were passed over for a full time slot to hire a black woman who had no idea what she was doing. They gave her a bunch of work, and then when she failed repeatedly to do it, the rest of us got stuck doing her work while she shopped on Amazon all day.

Ironically, this nitwit gave me a call after I landed my current gig, and said she was interested in a slot we had open. I told her how challenging the job was, and how we need to put in long hours to make things work. (Which was mostly true.) Hard work? She quickly lost interest!
When I was hired by the phone company, we had a mixed race group of new employees in training. One of us couldn’t do the work because he was color blind and all phone wiring is color coded. The company fired him. He filed a EEOC complaint and the government not only forced the company to rehire him, pay him back wages but put him into a comparable technical job. They made him a cable splicer, it still required him to be able to discern colors but there was a slow and tedious work-around, they could give him a helper on every job and they could identify each conductor by sending a tone down it. One conductor at a time and some cables had 14,400 conductors in them. Oh, by the way he was a black man, a white would have been told just what he was “ you don’t meet the physical requirements for the job, goodbye and good luck with your next employer”, and it would have stuck. They might have found this guy a non- technical job that didn’t require color vision, but they all paid far less and the EEOC order specified that he be given a job with equal or better pay. The phone company had a very aggressive AA program and bent over backwards for minority employees and vendors to keep from getting hit with a consent decree mandated by some judge.

When I was hired by the phone company, we had a mixed race group of new employees in training. One of us couldn’t do the work because he was color blind and all phone wiring is color coded. The company fired him. He filed a EEOC complaint and the government not only forced the company to rehire him, pay him back wages but put him into a comparable technical job. They made him a cable splicer, it still required him to be able to discern colors but there was a slow and tedious work-around, they could give him a helper on every job and they could identify each conductor by sending a tone down it. One conductor at a time and some cables had 14,400 conductors in them. Oh, by the way he was a black man, a white would have been told just what he was “ you don’t meet the physical requirements for the job, goodbye and good luck with your next employer”, and it would have stuck. They might have found this guy a non- technical job that didn’t require color vision, but they all paid far less and the EEOC order specified that he be given a job with equal or better pay. The phone company had a very aggressive AA program and bent over backwards for minority employees and vendors to keep from getting hit with a consent decree mandated by some judge.
That is why we need a Supreme Court decision against affirmative action.

Yes, it's that stuff that happened 200 years ago that is the problem, not what is happening now. Keep telling yourself that.

But here's the thing. Affirmative Action for women MIGHT have been necessary when women were trying to break into the workforce, when there were still Neanderthals who though they should be home making babies. But really, no one thinks that way anymore. Yes, women make 70% of what a man makes (Still), but more often than not, that's a matter of choice because they figure if they are the second income in the family, they don't need to make more. It's why the Recession of 2008 was often called a "Man-Cession", because employers found it was easier to keep the women and get rid of the higher paid men.

So if you ask white women if they need affirmative action, they'll tell you no. They feel pretty confident in their ability to get jobs without it.

I would argue that affirmative action MIGHT have been necessary in the past when we were only a few years past Jim Crow. But today? The fact that Asians and Hispanics are doing so well despite not being terribly white should say otherwise.
The pay thing is bogus. I worked for a major TELCO. A union shop, everybody in the same job with the same seniority got the same base pay. Almost all the women still made far less than the men because they refused overtime. Even when we worked mandatory sixty and seventy hour weeks for months on end, almost all the women still refused the overtime and when management tried to discipline them they filed EEOC complaints because they were the only ones getting disciplined, it didn’t matter that the men had all knuckled under and worked under the threat of disciplinary actions, the threats were verbal and weren’t even considered by the EEOC.

They didn't say that any Asian or White had been discriminated because of AA. Now Asians are going to really get screwed.
That was the plan. And some Asians were stupid enough to fall for it. So much for that high Asian IQ.

Lisa you can disagree all you want but you're white and female. That's the group documented to have been the recipient of most of the Affirmative action. So you just have to accept that what you have is because of Affirmative action. Therefore your belief that AA gives unqualified blacks advantage is wrong, or you are an unqualified white recipient of racial preference.

Lisa you can disagree all you want but you're white and female. That's the group documented to have been the recipient of most of the Affirmative action. So you just have to accept that what you have is because of Affirmative action. Therefore your belief that AA gives unqualified blacks advantage is wrong, or you are an unqualified white recipient of racial preference.
Ha! I have what I have because of my academic accomplishments and award-winning talent and experience - enough to offset the favoritism shown blacks.

Your claiming that every single white female has what she has because of Affirmative Action is EVERY BIT AS RACIST as if a white were to say that every single black has what he has because of AA.

And here’s the thing: not one white has claimed that. You however have claimed that no white female has abilities on her own and succeeded due to merit.

That was the plan. And some Asians were stupid enough to fall for it. So much for that high Asian IQ.
East Asians will benefit from the end of affirmative action in hiring, because they have high average IQ's.

Because blacks are at the low end of the scale, they are going to be hurt by the Supreme Court decision.

If the Supreme Court rules against affirmative action in hiring, blacks will really be hurt. Many blacks will be fired from jobs because their bosses never wanted to hire them in the first place.

Notice how Lisa is celebrating that the Court struck down AA because you thinks it is going to destroy black folks, but she loves Legacy because whites will benefit even more from it now.

She longs for the 50s when black folks could only attend HBCUs.

Notice how Lisa is celebrating that the Court struck down AA because you thinks it is going to destroy black folks, but she loves Legacy because whites will benefit even more from it now.

What a lie. Blacks were in college with both my mother and my father (two different colleges) and this was late 40s.

But she won't be able to work and will be forced to return to the kitchen.

Northern colleges were accepting black students beginning in the 19th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back