Just watched the video of Romney bashing Trump

The risk of the sort of trade barrier Trump suggested is pretty great. I'd feel better about it if it were not 35% on all Mexican imports but rather 50% on all inport of goods made in another country when the maker moved out of the U.S.

It's uniting a lot of people.

Trump's explanation of how we lose such huge amounts of money in trade to Japan and China and Mexico....followed by the "If THAT IS the trade deal then yeah I'm changing it" was brilliant.

Trump's speech today came away with 2 things to me:

1. He explained his trade policy in a way that made blue collar workers understand and say "Well yeah...why DON'T we do that already??" then blamed career politicians for the bad deals. Brilliant.

2. He's still the most politically incorrect candidate we've seen in decades and a huge % of Americans are sick of PCness.

When he explained the Ford and Carrier tariff.....and said what will happens is the CEO will call the president and lobby donors and say you can't do that (I gave you money) and the Trump says "They can't call me they can't do that....I don't take their money!!". Bingo.

It didn't hurt either that he doubled down on supporting our police yet again like he seems to do once every couple weeks!

The risk of the sort of trade barrier Trump suggested is pretty great. I'd feel better about it if it were not 35% on all Mexican imports but rather 50% on all inport of goods made in another country when the maker moved out of the U.S.

The fact is these GOP establishment hacks tell us we are just supposed to bend over and take it from China and Mexico. Okay for how long, until all the jobs are gone? WTF

WOW!

Donald might just tell the GOP to bite a big one and go out on his own. That had to be one of the most humiliating speeches that Donald has ever endured. WHAT AN ELECTION SEASON!

Actually, the speech may be the first thing that hurts Donald's numbers.
Trump humiliates Romney in response.
Trump: Romney Begged Me For Endorsement, I Could Have Said 'Mitt, Drop To Your Knees' And He Would Have

Pretty much exactly as Romney predicted, is it not?

Rump is such a cat toy. His positions are never predictable but his wet-diaper meltdowns --- you can set your watch by 'em.

WOW!

Donald might just tell the GOP to bite a big one and go out on his own. That had to be one of the most humiliating speeches that Donald has ever endured. WHAT AN ELECTION SEASON!

Trump: Romney Begged Me For Endorsement, I Could Have Said 'Mitt, Drop To Your Knees' And He Would Have
Watch Romney's speech. He totally nailed Trump.

"Watch how he responds to my speech today. Will he talk about our policy differences or will he attack me with every imaginable low road insult? This may tell you what you need to know about his temperament, his stability, and his suitability to be president."

I understand the anger Americans feel today. In the past, our presidents have channeled that anger, and forged it into resolve, into endurance and high purpose, and into the will to defeat the enemies of freedom. Our anger was transformed into energy directed for good.

Mr. Trump is directing our anger for less than noble purposes. He creates scapegoats of Muslims and Mexican immigrants, he calls for the use of torture and for killing the innocent children and family members of terrorists. He cheers assaults on protesters. He applauds the prospect of twisting the Constitution to limit first amendment freedom of the press. This is the very brand of anger that has led other nations into the abyss.

Here's what I know. Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. He's playing the American public for suckers: He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat.

:badgrin:

[QUOTE"g5000, post: 13668236, member: 34052"]
WOW!

"Watch how he responds to my speech today. Will he talk about our policy differences or will he attack me with every imaginable low road insult? This may tell you what you need to know about his temperament, his stability, and his suitability to be president."[/QUOTE]
We need a alpha male who takes no shit as president, not a weak minded individual like Romney who went soft on a negro running for president.

Donald must be seething. If only he had his changes to the First Amendment, he could go and sue Romney now! "Yup, you talk about me and I sue you."

Heil Hitler!

WOW!

"Watch how he responds to my speech today. Will he talk about our policy differences or will he attack me with every imaginable low road insult? This may tell you what you need to know about his temperament, his stability, and his suitability to be president."
We need a alpha male who takes no shit as president, not a weak minded individual like Romney who went soft on a negro running for president.

Why don't you just copy your quote in my sigline and say what you really mean?

And unlike the quotes in your sigline --- mine is real. And linked.

WOW!

We need a alpha male who takes no shit as president, not a weak minded individual like Romney who went soft on a negro running for president.[/QUOTE]

His prediction came true. Trump is now dead in the water. He will probably win the nomination, but a good portion of the GOP will walk away from him now.

WOW!

Not according to talk radio. Calller after caller has been calling in, in record numbers, absolutely FUMING at Romney.

The radio hosts, who are mostly Establishment, simply don't know what to do with themselves.

It's a pleasure to witness his collapse going down.

WOW!

So how does human Republican flesh taste? This is Cannibalism at its best. EATING YOUR OWN IN FRONT OF THE WORLD!

How does prison food taste, you can ask Hillary shortly.

WOW!

His prediction came true. Trump is now dead in the water. He will probably win the nomination, but a good portion of the GOP will walk away from him now.

"Alpha male who takes no shit" is a curious description for an emotionally stunted runt who runs to whine on Twitter every time somebody suggests he's not the god he thinks he is, who sues Palm Beach County (three times) because he doesn't like the planes flying over his estate :gay: and who runs away from Megyn Kelley because when she wrestles it's not that fake TV crap that Rump is made of.

WOW!

"Alpha male who takes no shit" is a curious description for an emotionally stunted runt who runs to whine on Twitter every time somebody suggests he's not the god he thinks he is, who sues Palm Beach County (three times) because he doesn't like the planes flying over his estate :gay: and who runs away from Megyn Kelley because when she wrestles it's not that fake TV crap that Rump is made of.
Little Pogo is having a temper tantrum.

Forum List

Back