Just stop it!!

I don't know. It's pretty hard to tell Republicans to not seek some revenge for what the Democrats did to them in recent years. Locking them out of important meetings and calling them Un-American Nazis was pretty much as bad as things can get. Now some want to demand Bi-Partisanship from the Republicans if they win in November? That's gonna be a pretty hard one to sell to many Americans. Some revenge is probably in order. It is what it is.

Hillarious. How's that Hopey Changey thang working out again?

How the hell did so many get suckered so badly?

You can continue to believe there is some huge movement AGAINST the Obama administration, but you would be wrong. Poll after poll consistently shows the country pretty much divided. Probably not in your circle, but you don't represent the entire country. Surprise surprise.

Obama: Favorability

Not so fast....

Obama Losing Supporters in Poll as Joblessness Prompts Voters' Discontent - Bloomberg

You single out one poll. My link has ALL of them, which is why it's called Polling REPORT.

You do know that absentee ballots have already been mailed for many states?

I bet CG has already sent hers in...

Do you need help understanding our election system?

Read, will ya? Asshole?

I did, fuckstain... You remain clueless...

The results of the November election are obviously not in, dumbass. If you didn't 'get it' that's what I was referring to, then you're more stupid than I thought.

You know I don't even watch "House" anymore because of you. I can't stand the sight of that face. I wonder if Hugh Laurie has any idea that he could be losing his fan base because of political hacks like you.

You can continue to believe there is some huge movement AGAINST the Obama administration, but you would be wrong. Poll after poll consistently shows the country pretty much divided. Probably not in your circle, but you don't represent the entire country. Surprise surprise.

Obama: Favorability

Not so fast....

Obama Losing Supporters in Poll as Joblessness Prompts Voters' Discontent - Bloomberg

You single out one poll. My link has ALL of them, which is why it's called Polling REPORT.

You said "Poll after poll consistently shows the country pretty much divided."

I posted one that shows more of his supporters turning away from him... More people are trending toward the "Barry Sucks" side, despite your unwavering worship of all that is 0bama...

You're welcome...

Read, will ya? Asshole?

The results of the November election are obviously not in, dumbass. If you didn't 'get it' that's what I was referring to, then you're more stupid than I thought.
I may have misunderstood your "You've voted already? Hmmm..." comment earlier... It sounded like you didn't realize that people have already voted in this election...

You know I don't even watch "House" anymore because of you. I can't stand the sight of that face. I wonder if Hugh Laurie has any idea that he could be losing his fan base because of political hacks like you.

I love the power I have over the weak, message board posters who take this shit way too fucking seriously...:lol:

Some other leftist wakko on another board said the same thing... It feeds my ego, but only briefly and then I'm just back to lovable ol' me....lol

I don't know. It's pretty hard to tell Republicans to not seek some revenge for what the Democrats did to them in recent years. Locking them out of important meetings and calling them Un-American Nazis was pretty much as bad as things can get. Now some want to demand Bi-Partisanship from the Republicans if they win in November? That's gonna be a pretty hard one to sell to many Americans. Some revenge is probably in order. It is what it is.

I would not even call it revenge. I would call it dragging the country back in the direction of the Constitution.

You mean worse gridlock than the present super majority of Dems in Congress and the White House, or the gridlock 4 years ago when Dems controlled just congress?

What's inyourface obvious is that this effort is to extinguish the very partisanship you seem to prefer be maintained. To what end? Who gives a shit who "started it"??? Is that a reason for any war to continue ad infinitum? Hell no.

The problem is that ending the partisanship = stop fighting and submit; to which I say... hell no.
Whenever those dickweeds get together and agree on crap, it's America that takes it in the shorts.

Gimme more gridlock!

Gridlock saves me money... Who wouldn't support THAT...

I would wholeheartedly support a bipartisan effort on ALL bills, no matter who the sponsor, that reduce federal spending and the size of the federal government...

Former Members Appeal for Bipartisanship

Oct. 4, 2010, 4:44 p.m.
By Steven T. Dennis
Roll Call Staff

Former Members Appeal for Bipartisanship - Roll Call
A bipartisan group of more than 130 former Members of Congress is appealing to this year’s candidates to stick to the issues and push for common ground if elected.

The ad hoc group, called Former Members of Congress for Common Ground, is led by former Reps. John Porter (R-Ill.) and David Skaggs (D-Colo.). They accused Congress of a hyperpartisan atmosphere that has prevented action on a host of problems facing the country.

“Rome is burning and Congress has been fiddling,” Porter said in a conference call Monday.

Porter said the primary process and legislative redistricting have driven the two parties to ideological extremes and have made it harder to compromise.

He pointed to a lack of bipartisan action on jobs and the economy, huge deficits, education, and dependence on foreign oil as Congressional failures resulting from excessive partisan bickering.

The group signed a letter urging candidates to campaign “with decency and respect toward opponents, to be truthful in presenting information about self and opponents, to engage in good faith debate about the issues and each other’s record, to refrain from personal attack, and if elected, to behave in office according to these same principles.”

Listen to Porter and Skaggs as they answer questions from C-Span callers (real people across America, like you and me):

Congressional Bipartisanship - C-SPAN Video Library

You know you're getting your ass kicked in Nov so NOW you want bipartianship. Wasn't that long ago your attitude was Fuck Republicans, who needs em. Hypocrite.

The ex-congressmen Porter and Skaggs, and others like me who see nothing but destruction of our entire Constitutional system of checks and balances simply want it to end. But since it really doesn't look like next year or the next few years will see an improvement, I will tell you how this ugly partisanship began and why it has finally collapsed.

Bill Clinton upsets George H.W. Bush in 1990, denying him a second term.

Republicans mount a campaign against Clinton (much like today's, same timeframe, similar economic issues), and Republicans gain majorities in both houses in 1992. In spite of an ongoing crusade by Republicans to "investigate" everything Clinton did, Clinton and Gingrich did manage to forge a compromise position on most of the major issues at the time, of course leaving a lot of the died-in-the-wool old school conservatives still pissed off that Clinton remained popular, even in spite of Monicagate which they had assumed would be the final nail in his coffin.

Enter George W. Bush in 2000 as the Republican candidate running against incumbent Vice President Al Gore, and the resulting USSC decision which awarded the presidency to Bush. There was understandably a LOT of animosity with regard to that action, so the partisanship really began heating up at that point. Democrats were angry; Republicans were defensive (and continue to this day to lambaste Al Gore at every opportunity).

By the time 2004 rolled around, George W. Bush's initial "compassionate conservative" promise had long since found its way to the wastebasket; there were anti-war people added to a lot of other non-Republicans who were never nuts about George W. Bush in the first place. Bush's approval rating had slipped badly by then, so the Republican strategy led by Karl Rove and certain monied 527 groups was to play dirty. They relentlessly attacked John Kerry; woo'd the Evangelical Christian base into believing that all Democrats were decadent and evil, and managed to eke out a win over Kerry for Bush's reelection. Which prompted even further anger on the part of Democrats.

When the 2008 campaign began to look like an easy win for Democrats, regardless who won the primaries, the Republicans by then were looking pretty bad to most voters, and so it was to be expected that they would not be in any mood to "welcome" a new Democrat to the White House, let alone a legislative super majority.

Since then, of course, the Republicans have let loose with any and all ammunition in their arsenal, including the most effective weapon of all which is the use of every negative piece of propaganda they can come up with in order to destroy Obama and the Democrats.

Now the question is will Democrats again turn on the Republicans if they win seats this November? Will congressional Republicans continue to filibuster and stall bills if they don't win a majority? Will Democrats filibuster and stall if Republicans do win a majority? All for the sake of "revenge"??? Surely they would be justified because of the decades-old history of partisan conflict, but I will repeat--to what end?

Now the question is will Democrats again turn on the Republicans if they win seats this November? Will congressional Republicans continue to filibuster and stall bills if they don't win a majority? Will Democrats filibuster and stall if Republicans do win a majority? All for the sake of "revenge"??? Surely they would be justified because of the decades-old history of partisan conflict, but I will repeat--to what end?

See, this is why there should be only one party: The Tea Party

Former Members Appeal for Bipartisanship

Oct. 4, 2010, 4:44 p.m.
By Steven T. Dennis
Roll Call Staff

Former Members Appeal for Bipartisanship - Roll Call
A bipartisan group of more than 130 former Members of Congress is appealing to this year’s candidates to stick to the issues and push for common ground if elected.

The ad hoc group, called Former Members of Congress for Common Ground, is led by former Reps. John Porter (R-Ill.) and David Skaggs (D-Colo.). They accused Congress of a hyperpartisan atmosphere that has prevented action on a host of problems facing the country.

“Rome is burning and Congress has been fiddling,” Porter said in a conference call Monday.

Porter said the primary process and legislative redistricting have driven the two parties to ideological extremes and have made it harder to compromise.

He pointed to a lack of bipartisan action on jobs and the economy, huge deficits, education, and dependence on foreign oil as Congressional failures resulting from excessive partisan bickering.

The group signed a letter urging candidates to campaign “with decency and respect toward opponents, to be truthful in presenting information about self and opponents, to engage in good faith debate about the issues and each other’s record, to refrain from personal attack, and if elected, to behave in office according to these same principles.”

Listen to Porter and Skaggs as they answer questions from C-Span callers (real people across America, like you and me):

Congressional Bipartisanship - C-SPAN Video Library

Where were these clowns when this clown was braying away?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco[/ame]
What a shithead.
Notice the Dems are only interested in bipartisanship when they're losing? Otherwise it's "elections have consequences and we won".

You said "Poll after poll consistently shows the country pretty much divided."

I posted one that shows more of his supporters turning away from him... More people are trending toward the "Barry Sucks" side, despite your unwavering worship of all that is 0bama...

You're welcome...

What sucks for you is forcing you to read ALL of the content in your linked report. Americans still don't lay all the blame on Obama, not by a long shot.

Two-thirds of likely voters say Bush hurt the economy and 57 percent say congressional Republicans have. Forty-seven percent say Obama’s policies have damaged the economy and 53 percent say congressional Democrats have done so.

Did either of those two outline what they wanted to do with this "bi-partisanship" they speak of? Any concrete ideas or just more "let's all get along" bullshit!

Unless they start talking about cutting spending and government control I aint listening.

Herein lies the problem, the fringe believe bi-partisanship is bullshit.

I may have misunderstood your "You've voted already? Hmmm..." comment earlier... It sounded like you didn't realize that people have already voted in this election...

I love the power I have over the weak, message board posters who take this shit way too fucking seriously...:lol:

Some other leftist wakko on another board said the same thing... It feeds my ego, but only briefly and then I'm just back to lovable ol' me....lol

House is an asshole in the show and would never make it in the real world, just as anyone who assumes his persona is an asshole I suppose. So there ya go. If you enjoy being a narcissistic shithead, you need more than a medical doctor for your problem.

Did either of those two outline what they wanted to do with this "bi-partisanship" they speak of? Any concrete ideas or just more "let's all get along" bullshit!

Unless they start talking about cutting spending and government control I aint listening.

Herein lies the problem, the fringe believe bi-partisanship is bullshit.

Great. Which GOP policies are you willing to sign on to in principle? Which Dem policies are you willing to compromise?

House is an asshole in the show and would never make it in the real world, just as anyone who assumes his persona is an asshole I suppose. So there ya go. If you enjoy being a narcissistic shithead, you need more than a medical doctor for your problem.

I haven't assumed anyone's persona - I just like the show...:cool:

and I love that assfucks like you have stopped watching a fucking TV show because of some message board poster...:lol:

THAT is pure magic..lol

Gridlock saves me money... Who wouldn't support THAT...

I would wholeheartedly support a bipartisan effort on ALL bills, no matter who the sponsor, that reduce federal spending and the size of the federal government...

And that they cite on all of it their Constitutional Authority...otherwise it goes nowhere.

Here's an interesting website to peruse at your leisure. See how many existing laws (or laws you would like passed) are actually NOT based on words in the Constitution.

Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Forum List

Back