Just in time for Christmas...............

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I was watching the news today and found some rather disturbing figures. It seems that the unemployment benefits for many in this country are going to expire JUST BEFORE Christmas.

There's also talk about the tax cuts for the very rich being extended.

Interestingly enough, both cost roughly the same. Extending the tax cuts on the wealthy will add to the deficit roughly the same amount as extending the unemployment benefits.

Guess what by the way? Seems that the figures of the past 10 years revealed something interesting. Middle class and poor people have seen their incomes increase roughly 11 percent.

The people who make over 1 mil/year? They saw their incomes go up 273 percent.

Anyone else think that the "party of family values" has no heart?

i dont like this shit were they are cutting this at Christmas......i know a bunch of people who were laid off and have kids and these people are out there every couple of days job hunting.....they could have extended this until Jan at least for Christ sakes......like i have been saying for months.....i keep hearing things are getting better.....but yet i am delivering more NEW Unemployment checks every week.....plus a hell of a lot of the people who have been getting them for months....are still getting them....

What's really sad is that they think the tax cuts are a better idea than extending the benefits.

I guess that's what greed does to a person though.......

Have you thought about where the 55 billion that GM paid back has gone?
I doubt that the tax on the rich would go to the unemployed, ABS.

Not quite what I meant Meister. I said both add about the same amounts to the deficit.

And, I think it's criminal that people are in favor of the rich, while screwing over the poor.

If we're not careful, it's gonna be rich royalty and us peasants starving to death while working for less than fair wages.

Not quite what I meant Meister. I said both add about the same amounts to the deficit.

And, I think it's criminal that people are in favor of the rich, while screwing over the poor.

If we're not careful, it's gonna be rich royalty and us peasants starving to death while working for less than fair wages.

ABS, this administration has the rich starting at $250,000 a year....that is not rich in this country, yet that's where the tax increases are going to start. A lot of those people are business owners with a total number for them and the busness at 250,000.
Something wrong with this scenario.

So, let people starve to death and go homeless?

The rich ain't gonna care, they've got theirs.

The answer lies with the assholes on Capital Hill, ABS. It does cross party lines on this matter. It's time to figure out how to pay going forward on issues....and believe me, there are a dozen ways I'm sure to get it paid for. These twits we elect are the ones that need to do the tough love amoung themselves.

ABS, this administration has the rich starting at $250,000 a year....that is not rich in this country, yet that's where the tax increases are going to start. A lot of those people are business owners with a total number for them and the busness at 250,000.

250K a yr is rich in many parts of this country.
Median houshold income in the USA is $52,029.

Yet in other places it's not all that much. Having said that....what about the business that use personal income tax for their business. Don't bring up the tax breaks for them because that's a crock.

Yet in other places it's not all that much. Having said that....what about the business that use personal income tax for their business. Don't bring up the tax breaks for them because that's a crock.

HR Block and such tax funded parasitic industries?

A pure flat personal income tax like I want would do away with them.
And at least 1/2 of the IRS.

Last edited:

HR Block and such tax funded parasitic industries?

A pure flat personal income tax like I want would do away with them.
And at least 1/2 of the IRS.

Huh? :eusa_eh:

Yeah huh was my thought on your "what about the business that use personal income tax for their business. Don't bring up the tax breaks for them because that's a crock."

Care to elaborate a bit?

I assumed it was businesses that existed off of personal income taxes.

Forum List

Back