Just in time for Christmas...............

ABS, this administration has the rich starting at $250,000 a year....that is not rich in this country, yet that's where the tax increases are going to start. A lot of those people are business owners with a total number for them and the busness at 250,000.
Something wrong with this scenario.

250K a yr is rich in many parts of this country.
Median houshold income in the USA is $52,029.

Yet in other places it's not all that much. Having said that....what about the business that use personal income tax for their business. Don't bring up the tax breaks for them because that's a crock.
Looking at income reported to the IRS, the vast majority of small businesses would not be effected by the tax increase on taxable income over $250K. The tax is applied to taxable income after all business expense and personnel deductions and exemptions.

How Much Money do Small Business Owners Make?

I was watching the news today and found some rather disturbing figures. It seems that the unemployment benefits for many in this country are going to expire JUST BEFORE Christmas.

There's also talk about the tax cuts for the very rich being extended.

Interestingly enough, both cost roughly the same. Extending the tax cuts on the wealthy will add to the deficit roughly the same amount as extending the unemployment benefits.

Guess what by the way? Seems that the figures of the past 10 years revealed something interesting. Middle class and poor people have seen their incomes increase roughly 11 percent.

The people who make over 1 mil/year? They saw their incomes go up 273 percent.

Anyone else think that the "party of family values" has no heart?
'He's the Red... he's the agitator.'

A genuine what would Jesus do? situation.

What a stupid comment, I get real tired of hearing the left cry out that question. Why not bring that up when it comes to abortions, carb? Hmmmm?
Jesus is God

God wrote the laws of nature

Many pregnancies end naturally before the woman even knows she's pregnant

so... seeing as Jesus is an abortionist, I think he'd be okay with it

A genuine what would Jesus do? situation.

What a stupid comment, I get real tired of hearing the left cry out that question. Why not bring that up when it comes to abortions, carb? Hmmmm?

Correct. And, the left don't give a shit about Christmas either, the atheist creeps.
It's a satanic holiday... you know, Saturnalia... pagan religions worshiping 'the god of this world' in his many guises...

You know........there's a law in Japan that limits how much the CEO of a company can make..........no more than 100 times what their lowest paid employee makes.

If we did that here? We'd be out of trouble in a very short time.

No we wouldn't, not even close.

Yeah, I have to second that. We could take 100% of the income from the "top 2%" and not have near enough to cover what we are spending.
neither of you is considering the long-term effects and how the market would come to reach equilibrium

just sayin

Last edited:
They might want to start thinking about getting a job then. 2 years is a long time to be out of work.

You know........there's a law in Japan that limits how much the CEO of a company can make..........no more than 100 times what their lowest paid employee makes.

If we did that here? We'd be out of trouble in a very short time.

Christmas rocks in Japan!

xmasjapan.jpg
nice bods, but what happened to their faces?

So, apparently it's okay to keep making the rich, richer?

Bullshit.

Let's just put a cap on how wealthy a person can get in America. That's a solution, huh?
That is a critically important component of the overall solution to America's most pressing problem.

Unfortunately a significant percentage of Americans are indoctrinated with the Gordon Gecko mentality. And even though most of them don't have a pot to piss in they vigorously defend the prospect of a two class society without considering that they, themselves, will inhabit the underclass.

So, apparently it's okay to keep making the rich, richer?

Bullshit.

Let's just put a cap on how wealthy a person can get in America. That's a solution, huh?
That is a critically important component of the overall solution to America's most pressing problem.

Unfortunately a significant percentage of Americans are indoctrinated with the Gordon Gecko mentality. And even though most of them don't have a pot to piss in they vigorously defend the prospect of a two class society without considering that they, themselves, will inhabit the underclass.

Classes are a political construct. They are a division that doesn't really exist.

Someone isnt better or worse because they have money, nor because they don't.

I am going to be overjoyed the day when people stop looking at each other in terms of what money they make and see their brother.

What's really sad is that they think the tax cuts are a better idea than extending the benefits.

I guess that's what greed does to a person though.......

Setting aside agreeing or disagreeing, please at least be honest and refer to the proposed tax HIKE. The double speak and obfuscation is getting old.

Wrong answer dipshit. It's a tax CUT. Bush Jr. put it into effect shortly after he took office, and set it up to expire this year to see if it would stimulate the economy.

Sadly enough, it didn't. Letting the tax CUTS expire on the top 2 percent would mean that they would FINALLY have to pay their fair share.

And yes.........250,000 is more money than I've ever seen in my life. The most that I've ever earned in a single year was around 37,000, and that was when I was a First Class Petty Officer in the US Navy.

A quarter of a million per year is a lot of money, no matter how you slice it. 50,000 is considered middle class nowadays.

Have you thought about where the 55 billion that GM paid back has gone?
I doubt that the tax on the rich would go to the unemployed, ABS.

Not quite what I meant Meister. I said both add about the same amounts to the deficit.

And, I think it's criminal that people are in favor of the rich, while screwing over the poor.

If we're not careful, it's gonna be rich royalty and us peasants starving to death while working for less than fair wages.

ABS, this administration has the rich starting at $250,000 a year....that is not rich in this country, yet that's where the tax increases are going to start. A lot of those people are business owners with a total number for them and the busness at 250,000.
Something wrong with this scenario.
fyi
the $250k and above being taxed 3.5% more, is the individual's earnings/income....NOT the business's income....the $250 that goes to the owner is the excess profit of the business....ALL the money needed to run the business like payroll, benefits, overhead and cost of goods is spent by the business BEFORE that $250k or more goes to the INDIVIDUAL business owner as earnings....

so, your last sentence is WRONG meister....that $250k is the net profit of the business, not the gross sales of the business being taxed....it is the money left over after all bills and reinvestment of the business is done, it comes from probably a 2-3 million dollar gross sales business.

I was watching the news today and found some rather disturbing figures. It seems that the unemployment benefits for many in this country are going to expire JUST BEFORE Christmas.

There's also talk about the tax cuts for the very rich being extended.

Interestingly enough, both cost roughly the same. Extending the tax cuts on the wealthy will add to the deficit roughly the same amount as extending the unemployment benefits.

Guess what by the way? Seems that the figures of the past 10 years revealed something interesting. Middle class and poor people have seen their incomes increase roughly 11 percent.

The people who make over 1 mil/year? They saw their incomes go up 273 percent.

Anyone else think that the "party of family values" has no heart?

Why?

A can get jobs and; B, quit coveting what others earn.

Your line about the vanishing middle class is bogus.

Guess you need to read more learned literature or quit watching NPR.

What's really sad is that they think the tax cuts are a better idea than extending the benefits.

I think the key to the problem would be "how do we pay for it?" That has always been the question

since they are pulling money out of their asses now to do all the things they are doing.....pull a little bit out and extend the benefits till at least Jan...certainly if they can bail out the assholes who had a great hand in getting us to where we are.....they can extend the benefits for those who just went to work everyday doing their best to take care of their families and became the victims of this shit.....tis the season of good will is it not?....

Setting aside agreeing or disagreeing, please at least be honest and refer to the proposed tax HIKE. The double speak and obfuscation is getting old.

Wrong answer dipshit. It's a tax CUT. Bush Jr. put it into effect shortly after he took office, and set it up to expire this year to see if it would stimulate the economy.

Sadly enough, it didn't. Letting the tax CUTS expire on the top 2 percent would mean that they would FINALLY have to pay their fair share.

And yes.........250,000 is more money than I've ever seen in my life. The most that I've ever earned in a single year was around 37,000, and that was when I was a First Class Petty Officer in the US Navy.

A quarter of a million per year is a lot of money, no matter how you slice it. 50,000 is considered middle class nowadays.

Hmmm... let's see when the Bush tax rates expire, taxes are going to go.. where? Oh.. UP!!! Effectively RAISING taxes from the level they are currently at. A "cut" would REDUCE current rate levels.

You're in the top ten percent wealthiest people on the entire planet. I assume then, that you would not be opposed to a tax of 39% on your income implemented by the UN so you can pay your fair share to the rest of the world, no? There are a lot of starving kids in the Congo.

And yes.........250,000 is more money than I've ever seen in my life.

That's because you're a loser. Spend less time on the Internet and more time getting off your ass and working to better yourself instead of being jealous about what other people have. It's none of your business how much money someone else has or what they do with it. End of story.

Classes are a political construct. They are a division that doesn't really exist.

Someone isnt better or worse because they have money, nor because they don't.

I am going to be overjoyed the day when people stop looking at each other in terms of what money they make and see their brother.

Classes (the in-group and the Other) are a social construct. The history of humanity is the history of class antagonism.

I think the key to the problem would be "how do we pay for it?" That has always been the question

since they are pulling money out of their asses now to do all the things they are doing.....pull a little bit out and extend the benefits till at least Jan...certainly if they can bail out the assholes who had a great hand in getting us to where we are.....they can extend the benefits for those who just went to work everyday doing their best to take care of their families and became the victims of this shit.....tis the season of good will is it not?....

Till at least January???? Nothing will be "Till at least January", It's always extended long after that. Forgive me for being skeptical...I find it hard to believe a person that has been looking for a job for nearly two years can't find something, Harry. It may not be in his field of expertise, but he can find one that pays better than the government dole.
Somehow, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about.

So $250K a year is not rich? I think you would get some argument from the 1 in every 7 Americans who live in poverty. The definition of poverty according the government is a family income of $21,954 for a family of 4.

Census: 1 in 7 Americans lives in poverty - Yahoo! News

So....definitions are now determined by the poor? Is that where we're at? What they say goes?

250 thou a year is not rich. Particularly if you are self employed and that is your gross.

You are not taxed on your gross.

So? I'm not talking about taxes. I'm talking about what is "wealthy" and 250 thousand a year isn't wealthy, even if you aren't taxed on ANY of it.

Forum List

Back