Just got my 23andme genetic test results back

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
It comes out as expected that my total African ancestry is 55%, what is shocking is 15% European ancestry, which is too damn high, the rest is, as expected, Native American ancestry.

My paternal ancestry traces back to a West African ancestor in Mali and my maternal ancestry traces back to a Native American woman.

That 15% European ancestry is bogus, is several other tests done by other genetic ancestry companies, my European ancestry was no higher that 5%.

There is no shame in European ancestory, whether it's 5%, 15%, 50% or 100%. You're a human being, just like everyone else. Your bloodline does not define you, your character does.

There is no shame in European ancestory, whether it's 5%, 15%, 50% or 100%. You're a human being, just like everyone else. Your bloodline does not define you, your character does.

You do know where and how that 15% came to be in my ancestry, correct? Hint, it was not consensual, at least my paternal line is African. That 15% comes almost entirely from my mother's side.

You do know where and how that 15% came to be in my ancestry, correct? Hint, it was not consensual, at least my paternal line is African. That 15% comes almost entirely from my mother's side.

How do you know it wasn't consensual?

It comes out as expected that my total African ancestry is 55%, what is shocking is 15% European ancestry, which is too damn high, the rest is, as expected, Native American ancestry.

My paternal ancestry traces back to a West African ancestor in Mali and my maternal ancestry traces back to a Native American woman.

That 15% European ancestry is bogus, is several other tests done by other genetic ancestry companies, my European ancestry was no higher that 5%.

So what did the test say about the percentage of you being human? 50%? 25%? 6%?

I've traced my mother's ancestors back to the 1840s in Louisiana and none of my maternal ancestors during that time were married and they were owned by a white planter. No, it wasn't consensual. Of all of my siblings, I'm the only one with light skin and light eyes[light brown].

LOL, jackass, I have no Neanderthal ancestry, which is low in all humans but highest in people of European descent. my European ancestry plotted squarely in central Europe among French people, as expect, since my maternal great-great grandfather was a French man.

I've traced my mother's ancestors back to the 1840s in Louisiana and none of my maternal ancestors during that time were married and they were owned by a white planter. No, it wasn't consensual. Of all of my siblings, I'm the only one with light skin and light eyes[light brown].

Consensual or not, you're as white as obama is black.

But as a Native, I welcome you to the fold anyway :)

In that case, it probably wasn't consensual. But it's part of who you are - and that isn't something to hate or be ashamed of. You're a decent human being.... whatever your bloodline.... it's the content of your character that matters, Charlie. Not whether your skin is light or dark or whether your eyes are brown, blue, green or anything else. I'd put money on that's what you'll teach your kids.

LOL, jackass, I have no Neanderthal ancestry, which is low in all humans but highest in people of European descent. my European ancestry plotted squarely in central Europe among French people, as expect, since my maternal great-great grandfather was a French man.

French? :eek: Oh, well.. you need to learn to surrender then. :lol::lol:

Consensual or not, you're as white as obama is black.

But as a Native, I welcome you to the fold anyway :)

I've been knowing I have Native ancestry, my maternal grandmother is Native American, Creek and Seminole. Obama has 50% or more European ancestry.

In that case, it probably wasn't consensual. But it's part of who you are - and that isn't something to hate or be ashamed of. You're a decent human being.... whatever your bloodline.... it's the content of your character that matters, Charlie. Not whether your skin is light or dark or whether your eyes are brown, blue, green or anything else. I'd put money on that's what you'll teach your kids.

Well my wife is half white and she's darker than I am, my kids should have some color when they born, all three of them. I could never gladly accpt slavemaster blood in my veins even though it is a part of me.

French? :eek: Oh, well.. you need to learn to surrender then. :lol::lol:

Yes its, French, my mother has some Creole ancestry, but she is *NOT* a Louisiana Creole, she's what is called a Redbone.

Well my wife is half white and she's darker than I am, my kids should have some color when they born, all three of them. I could never gladly accpt slavemaster blood in my veins even though it is a part of me.

I can understand why you wouldn't be 'proud' of it, but I hope you learn to accept what you cannot change. It doesn't make you any less a decent person. Nor will it make your kids less decent.

I kind of think it would be a good thing if we all had mixed heritage. Then nobody could bitch about color.

The fact that you've had your genetic ancestry tested 'several' times suggests a large helping of obsession with side order of insecurity.

just sayin...

That's pretty cool. It's not uncommon for Americans with primarily African lineage to also have some European lineage mixed in. There's a TV show (forget what it's called) where celebrities trace their lineage, and I think it was either Oprah or Whoopi who found out that one of their great-great-grandpas was a white European.

The fact that you've had your genetic ancestry tested 'several' times suggests a large helping of obsession with side order of insecurity.

just sayin...

Different companies have different reference samples for testing.

just sayin...

Different companies have different reference samples for testing.

That doesn't surprise me.

It's the fact that you care about it so much that you'd have yours tested 'several' times that I find a bit puzzling.

Forum List

Back