Just found almost $300.00 in my laundry room.

What goes around, comes around.
I have found bank bags...on two occassions..full of money, stuck in the drop box. I pushed it on through the slot.

I have never kept anything I found that I knew where it belonged.

Credit cards too.

It belonged to my landlord who likes to shut off the AC when he's mad and other 'fun' stuff.

I slid it under his door with a note.

:D

I'm glad you did what you did.

Taking money in a situation like that is not worth the Karma hit you'd suffer.

A few hundred bucks is gone in a few hours -- feeling good because you did the right thing, lasts a lifetime.

On one hand, I feel like I'm drawing attention to myself for a good deed and that makes me uncomfortable; on the other hand, I thought it would make a neat thread.

Anyone else want to share?

I truly like and admire your philosophy about doing good and/or doing the right thing being just THE thing to do.

It is especially bad to try to gain approval from others by announcing your own good deeds.

I have sometimes felt under appreciated because I have intentionally avoided the limelight or shied away from getting credit for something or having my good deeds recognized and the like, but I suppose I'll get my reward in the hereafter.

As far as your bringing your own good deeds to light, I think this is a kind of fellowship session here and your testimony might help inspire someone else to do the right thing in the future.

Just scatter the seeds and let them sprout and blossom or not as they may.

Update: Was two days late with the rent and my wonderful landlord chewed me a new one.

Just got home tonight and shut a wide open outside door. Landlord starts hollering at me says "you want a house? Get a mortgage."

Nice! What a dick head - moving out THIS week.

Great!

God has a blessing waiting for you at the next residence.

It's exciting to think of what it could be!

:)

Found $5000 mens diamond band in the street........no identifying markings on it. Walked it into business it was in front of nobody claimed it.

Forum List

Back