Just found almost $300.00 in my laundry room.

• Banned
By the way, I was flat broke and have a ton of bills this week.

Not my money no matter what. I'll muddle through, like always!

• Banned
Credit cards too.

It belonged to my landlord who likes to shut off the AC when he's mad and other 'fun' stuff.

I slid it under his door with a note.

:D

I'm glad you did what you did.

Taking money in a situation like that is not worth the Karma hit you'd suffer.

A few hundred bucks is gone in a few hours -- feeling good because you did the right thing, lasts a lifetime.

On one hand, I feel like I'm drawing attention to myself for a good deed and that makes me uncomfortable; on the other hand, I thought it would make a neat thread.

Anyone else want to share?

Last edited:
Credit cards too.

It belonged to my landlord who likes to shut off the AC when he's mad and other 'fun' stuff.

A few hundred bucks is gone in a few hours -- feeling good because you did the right thing, lasts a lifetime.

On one hand, I feel like I'm drawing attention to myself for a good deed and that makes me uncomfortable; on the other hand, I thought it would make a neat thread.

I usually turn in money to the manager if I find it in the store unless it is like $1.00 bill. It isn't because I feel like I am being selfless. I would feel guilty thinking that was some poor senior citizen's food money or something I just pocketed so it is a selfish act on my part.

• Banned

I usually turn in money to the manager if I find it in the store unless it is like $1.00 bill. It isn't because I feel like I am being selfless. I would feel guilty thinking that was some poor senior citizen's food money or something I just pocketed so it is a selfish act on my part.

I don't think that people have any one reason for doing something good -- it's more like a combination of things.

I'm not really big on the 'why,' as long as you are doing the right thing for a good reason.

Credit cards too.

I found a wallet one time at an amusement park. I was 19 and getting on a ride, I saw someones wallet laying on the seat. Looked like over $600 in it. I figured it was someones vacation money so I turned it in

More than once, maybe several times in my life, I have left my purse in the baby seat part of the grocery cart after putting it back in the corral. I drove away one time all the way home before I realized it and went back hoping I would find it.

Each time, someone had turned it in with everything in it.

Because of that alone, I'd always turn it in if I found money or anything that belongs to someone else. It's a terrible feeling knowing you left something like that behind..

I once found $100 bill outside a store years ago. Turned out to be counterfeit. I didn't try to spend it. Just went into the store-a liquor store-and asked the manager about it. He said they'd been having problems with counterfeit and sure enough, it was. Called the police-not on me but just in general about it so they could take it as evidence.

Now just imagine if I would of tried to spend that?

More than once, maybe several times in my life, I have left my purse in the baby seat part of the grocery cart after putting it back in the corral. I drove away one time all the way home before I realized it and went back hoping I would find it.

Each time, someone had turned it in with everything in it.

Because of that alone, I'd always turn it in if I found money or anything that belongs to someone else. It's a terrible feeling knowing you left something like that behind..

I left my wallet on top of a change machine once. I went crazy trying to find it, retracing my steps. A guy showed up at my house with it a few hours later. In all my frenzy to find it, I had completely 100% forgotten that I had used the change machine.

Found a Visa in the parking lot last week -- returned it to the store it was found in front of.

As I see it these happenings are divine providence, Mad_Cabbie. Consider them tests to see what you will do when put in that situation. The latter test you had bills due and yet you returned the wallet to its rightful owner. Yes, you turned it in - knowing that the person it belonged to had been unkind towards his tenants ( turning off air conditioning...etc. ) and even you - who are one of his tenants.

I believe the LORD already knew what you would do but He wanted you to see what you would do - for yourself. If that makes any sense. Your testimonies today touched my heart deeply! I am so glad that you decided to share these stories! I truly am!

I found money by the street ( it was laying on the grass ) one time while walking to the store with my son and left it there because I told my son the owner might retrace his steps and find it later on. My son found a boys wallet in the lunch room with a blockbuster card and forty dollars in it. When he was in middle school. He turned it in and was not happy that they announced his name on the speaker at school for the good citizens award and told what he did. ( I'm not 100% certain that was the exact title of the award but something along that line ) He told me that it caused him to be made fun of in class and I considered that an additional test. Suffering for having done something good is an added reward. He's had many good things happen to him for his honesty and I am certainly believing the same for you!

You did the right thing. :smiliehug:

*My son had homeschool program at one time and then he also attended a regular school before and after and the public school was always a very difficult trial for him. I believe trials are what defines what is in us. If you can do what is right concerning money you can do what is right concerning anything. ( imo )

Last edited:
Found a Visa in the parking lot last week -- returned it to the store it was found in front of.

As I see it these happenings are divine providence, Mad_Cabbie. Consider them tests to see what you will do when put in that situation. The latter test you had bills due and yet you returned the wallet to its rightful owner. Yes, you turned it in - knowing that the person it belonged to had been unkind towards his tenants ( turning off air conditioning...etc. ) and even you - who are one of his tenants.

I believe the LORD already knew what you would do but He wanted you to see what you would do - for yourself. If that makes any sense. Your testimonies today touched my heart deeply! I am so glad that you decided to share these stories! I truly am!

I found money by the street ( it was laying on the grass ) one time while walking to the store with my son and left it there because I told my son the owner might retrace his steps and find it later on. My son found a boys wallet in the lunch room with a blockbuster card and forty dollars in it. When he was in middle school. He turned it in and was not happy that they announced his name on the speaker at school for the good citizens award and told what he did. ( I'm not 100% certain that was the exact title of the award but something along that line ) He told me that it caused him to be made fun of in class and I considered that an additional test. Suffering for having done something good is an added reward. He's had many good things happen to him for his honesty and I am certainly believing the same for you!

You did the right thing. :smiliehug:

*My son had homeschool program at one time and then he also attended a regular school before and after and the public school was always a very difficult trial for him. I believe trials are what defines what is in us. If you can do what is right concerning money you can do what is right concerning anything. ( imo )

Thank you truly, for your very kind words!

Update: Was two days late with the rent and my wonderful landlord chewed me a new one.

Just got home tonight and shut a wide open outside door. Landlord starts hollering at me says "you want a house? Get a mortgage."

Nice! What a dick head - moving out THIS week.

You still did the right thing. It didnt belong to you.
And the landlord lost a tenant.
How long will it take to find another one?
Perhaps awhile. ;)

Forum List

Back