A tribute to Robin Williams

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
I am one of those who didn't think that Robin Williams was any kind of great actor. He was good in some things, not so much in others. Pretty much just like the rest of us.

However, there was some kind of a consensus that he was an outstanding stand up comic and he did his part for the troops.

It isn't necessary to give tribute of his performances for the troops, and performance is good.

But I'd like to offer a tribute to the incomparable Robin Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I'm a little tired.

Please feel free to add your own favorite....

Robin Williams on Virginians

Williams was a superb actor. He once gave a chilling performance of a photo processor who became a stalker then killer. I forget the name of the movie. The Russian immigrant in Moscow on the Hudson. Jacob the Liar is one of my favorites. Like a lot of celebrities he was a deeply flawed human being.

Williams was a superb actor. He once gave a chilling performance of a photo processor who became a stalker then killer. I forget the name of the movie. The Russian immigrant in Moscow on the Hudson. Jacob the Liar is one of my favorites. Like a lot of celebrities he was a deeply flawed human being.

You're thinking of One Hour Photo.

One Hour Photo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was just listening to a clip from the Opie and Jim Norton Show that was very interesting. Jim Norton, another popular comedian who has discussed his battles with depression and addiction in the past, shares his memories of being around Robin Williams. If you're willing to sit through all 48 minutes of it it's very interesting.

My favorite movie of Robin Williams is "The Fisher King".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHaZuRo3DZ4]The Fisher King 1991 trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdz4dCMGbbw]Mork calling Orson - YouTube[/ame]

Moved to more appropriate forum.

If there's a Rock-n-Roll Heaven, you know they have a hell of an intermission...

Rest In Peace Mr. Williams.

I think there is a link between depression and humor.I love to make people laugh, but I hate myself. Maybe it's my need to feel liked. Maybe I like others to feel the light-heartedness I could never bring myself.

I have no idea what Williams was feeling, but I can't judge him for his actions until I walk in his shoes.

^^^ That right there is just it sadly. Because we can't live another person's life for them, we will never be able to know what it is that they are thinking or feeling exactly. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My introduction to Robin was through seeing him in the film named Hook. I loved watching him play Peter Pan all grown up. :) :) :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back