Just added the Redzone Channel, and my Comcast bill will go from $53 to $140 a month

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
starting in October which is a $87 increase. That's because Comcast has a new slimy way of making money. They offer the internet and cable as a package deal instead of someone trying to decrease cable or the internet.

I think that is because people were cancelling cable and was still trying to keep the Internet.

So just keep your internet and ditch the cable.

Are you retarded? I just said Comcast doesn't allow you to cut one and not the other. Your choices are

1. Get a lower internet/cable package deal
2. Cut Both Cable and Internet

So there are no alternative internet providers in your area?

I have that channel. The only way I watch any football. The penalties, the clock rules......etc. have soured me for long time.

But the redzone brings me back.....game to game if inside 20. Sometimes split screen.

I too stuck with cable-internet-phone (never use or answer). I do see new mailers coming......cheaper new standalone, but you probably lose NFL redzone.

So there are no alternative internet providers in your area?

Even if it was I can't cancel the Internet without cancelling cable because I live in a Comcast area. I was able to do that in 2009 but not now because streaming wasn't as popular back then.

Are you retarded? I just said Comcast doesn't allow you to cut one and not the other. Your choices are

I have Comcast Internet and I use Kodi via an ASUS Chromebox. I don't have anything else from Comcast.

Comcast won't play nice to change your plan because they overly push the tv/internet/phone deal. They are easily one of the worst customer service companies this side of AT&T.

Redzone is awesome if you are a football fan. I haven't had cable for many years. It can be a chore sometimes but I can find streams of most every game or race in good quality. I also set up a pretty kick ass antennae that gets "local" channels 40 miles away and watch games in 1080p quality that is better than cable. Of course you are limited to only the games that are broadcast on your local stations however the over the air digital signal is amazing good if you have a good tv. I should just get Directv and their nfl package trouble is I'm stubborn and think they charge too much.

I have Comcast Internet and I use Kodi via an ASUS Chromebox. I don't have anything else from Comcast.

Comcast won't play nice to change your plan because they overly push the tv/internet/phone deal. They are easily one of the worst customer service companies this side of AT&T.

Yep, I put Kodi on my Amazon Fire TV stick and love it. can watch anything I want.

Don't have that option in Philly

Forum List

Back