Just about anything works better than the government

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I use to think that government is the only thing that can stop crime but then I realized that technology does a much better job. Weapons are a good example but that isn't the only technology that prevents crime. Street lights, security cameras, car alarms, private security, and other anti-theft technology. Just think of how much is used to prevent crime from happening. The security industry itself is huge in this country. All of those things do a way better job of protecting us from crime than the police in this country.

The only thing i mind about the government is that it's boring and they force me to vote for them.

I use to think that government is the only thing that can stop crime but then I realized that technology does a much better job. Weapons are a good example but that isn't the only technology that prevents crime. Street lights, security cameras, car alarms, private security, and other anti-theft technology. Just think of how much is used to prevent crime from happening. The security industry itself is huge in this country. All of those things do a way better job of protecting us from crime than the police in this country.

Private security do great. But they have no incentive to make things too safe.

• Banned

Private security do great. But they have no incentive to make things too safe.

I think if there was a monopoly involved then that can definitely happen. One company in charge of security for an entire state or city could decide to be a little lax in enforcing the laws. And without someone in the government prosecuting offenders private efforts to stop crime would be pointless. How many block watch campaigns can be effective without a cop showing up to arrest someone. They would have to detain any offender themselves. This is the only thing government is really good at--violence.

Forum List

Back