Jury Duty

i think it pays 16 bucks a day here......i get called but i never had to serve......best way to do it.....i hate the federal its in asheville.....2 hours away.....

i think it pays 16 bucks a day here......i get called but i never had to serve......best way to do it.....i hate the federal its in asheville.....2 hours away.....
Your employer has to pay you for work anyway......40 hours..........It's a vacation if you don't get selected....but I got selected....grrrrr.........even had to stay late one day..............but 3 days I was off by lunch...

i wouldnt mind serving but the weird thing....if you have a background in what the case is about...they wont take you.....the more informed you are on the subject the less likely you will get chosen

i wouldnt mind serving but the weird thing....if you have a background in what the case is about...they wont take you.....the more informed you are on the subject the less likely you will get chosen
That's what I wanted............LOL.......don't get selected that morning you get to go home.

I had a summons to appear for jury duty tomorrow, but I just got a call saying they won't need me now. Thank God. This is the third time I've been summoned for jury duty. The first time I sat there in the waiting room with like 400 other people for the half the day only to find out I wouldn't be needed. The second time I had a low badge number was called up for a case within like ten minutes with 60 other potential jurors and then I had to sit in a court room for two days while they interviewed most of us only for me to ultimately get struck. In principle, I have no issue with jury duty; it's just so fucking boring.

I'd be willing to sit on a jury, but it's never going to happen. Several members of my family work in law enforcement, and I was once a witness in a case that indirectly led to the defendant being executed. No defense lawyer able to pass the bar would ever let me sit on a jury.

Knowing this, I go to jury duty equipped to get out of there as quickly as possible, in order to not waste my whole day for nothing. I take along a big, hardcover book with some infamous conservative on the cover, Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity or someone, and read it where it can be easily seen. I'm never there longer than an hour or so.

If I ever get called, I am considering bringing something to read...this, perhaps...

51koRKz3zGL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If your goal is to get sent home early, that would probably work.

I did six weeks of Grand Jury duty last year. It was actually quite interesting. The one thing I took away from the experience is that small time criminals are for the most part really stupid people.

The jury system is a joke. Each side picks who they can easily manipulate, which aren't usually the brightest. The judge has way too much power. We should go to a professional juror system made up of people that know what they are doing. The average American has been dumbed down to the point common sense is in rare supply.

It's also corrupt because they don't give a rat's ass about you. I got a letter for duty once, many years ago, but had a business and no way could I drop what I was doing. I called them and it didn't matter so I decided to say fuck it. I got a nasty note after the date and threw that one in the trash too. Never got another request.

I had a summons to appear for jury duty tomorrow, but I just got a call saying they won't need me now. Thank God. This is the third time I've been summoned for jury duty. The first time I sat there in the waiting room with like 400 other people for the half the day only to find out I wouldn't be needed. The second time I had a low badge number was called up for a case within like ten minutes with 60 other potential jurors and then I had to sit in a court room for two days while they interviewed most of us only for me to ultimately get struck. In principle, I have no issue with jury duty; it's just so fucking boring.
The process should be substantially improved, made less unpleasant, more comfortable, less boring

Forum List

Back