Julian Assange: not a hero and a running coward.

Julian Assange is a hero to those who think he is a hero, and a danger to those that don't, end of story. Rosa Parks was a hero to some for refusing to move to another seat on the bus in 1955, and a subversive danger to society to others. The truest perspective on Julian Assange will likely not be seen for many years.

Trite.

There is no comparison (no valid one, anyway) between a woman who refused to perform the dishonorable actions demanded by a still unjust society and a scumbag piece of shit like Assange who chose to act in violation of law, substituting his unauthorized judgment for the duly delegated judgment of the officials to whom the authority has been granted.

Fuck that piece of shit. He may think he has some moral imperative to disclose what HE considers odious secrets. But he has no such corresponding right and his judgment is nothing any of us ever authorized to make such calls. I hope he gets caught and tried for his crimes. And if a conviction ensues, good.

Julian Assange is a hero to those who think he is a hero, and a danger to those that don't, end of story. Rosa Parks was a hero to some for refusing to move to another seat on the bus in 1955, and a subversive danger to society to others. The truest perspective on Julian Assange will likely not be seen for many years.

Trite.

There is no comparison (no valid one, anyway) between a woman who refused to perform the dishonorable actions demanded by a still unjust society and a scumbag piece of shit like Assange who chose to act in violation of law, substituting his unauthorized judgment for the duly delegated judgment of the officials to whom the authority has been granted.

Fuck that piece of shit. He may think he has some moral imperative to disclose what HE considers odious secrets. But he has no such corresponding right and his judgment is nothing any of us ever authorized to make such calls. I hope he gets caught and tried for his crimes. And if a conviction ensues, good.

Interesting.

It would almost seem that you are coming to the conclusion that I am in support of Julian Assange. If so, I made no such declaration.

My use of Rosa Parks as an example was an admittedly imperfect loose analogy of a hot-button topic of which time gives greater perspective. In 1955 Rosa Parks was seen by the moral majority as subversive and dangerous, but over 50 years later is overwhelmingly seen as heroic. I'm not saying that Julian Assange will be seen as a hero in 50 years, but I feel that a truer perspective of what he represented will emerge, and perhaps he will be universally seen as a villain, or maybe people will be as polarized as they are today. Time will tell.

Trite.

Interesting.

It would almost seem that you are coming to the conclusion that I am in support of Julian Assange. If so, I made no such declaration.

My use of Rosa Parks as an example was an admittedly imperfect loose analogy of a hot-button topic of which time gives greater perspective. In 1955 Rosa Parks was seen by the moral majority as subversive and dangerous, but over 50 years later is overwhelmingly seen as heroic. I'm not saying that Julian Assange will be seen as a hero in 50 years, but I feel that a truer perspective of what he represented will emerge, and perhaps he will be universally seen as a villain, or maybe people will be as polarized as they are today. Time will tell.

Your chosen "comparison" was Rosa Parks and Julian ASSange.

My rebuttal was that there is NO valid basis of comparison between the two YOU chose.

Time is not needed to "tell" that what Asshole Assange did was not just illegal but a claim to authority that none of us granted that prick.

Time was not needed in 1955 to see that all Rosa Parks did was say "no" to an injustice, immediately facing the consequences of her decision at that time.

Assange may have cost folks their lives.

Rosa Parks stood up for justice and risked nobody's life in the process (by, ironically, refusing to stand).

Trite.

Interesting.

My rebuttal was that there is NO valid basis of comparison between the two YOU chose.

Time is not needed to "tell" that what Asshole Assange did was not just illegal but a claim to authority that none of us granted that prick.

Time was not needed in 1955 to see that all Rosa Parks did was say "no" to an injustice, immediately facing the consequences of her decision at that time.

Rosa Parks stood up for justice and risked nobody's life in the process (by, ironically, refusing to stand).

Okay.

Trite.

Interesting.

4 of those lives may have been Ambassador Stevens and 3 of his staff. Since it was Assange who made public a confidential memo from Stevens to the WH... thus bringing him to the attention of AQ terrorists. Now they are dead... seems a tad coincidental.

While I don't agree with everything Wikileaks has revealed, the truth is that it has brought to light many scandals, including torture, corporate cover-ups and government censorship. This helps promote freedom of press, human rights, and human dignity all across the world. Look into all that Wikileaks has revealed and realize that there are many great things it's done.

Julian Assange is a hero. I have said that from day one, and I will continue to say now, and every other day.

Julian Assange is a hero. I have said that from day one, and I will continue to say now, and every other day.

He's a filthy cock sucking piece of shit and not even remotely akin to a "hero."

If he died in a horrifying and painful freak accident, I wouldn't mourn his passing in the slightest.

He's a filthy cock sucking piece of shit and not even remotely akin to a "hero."

If he died in a horrifying and painful freak accident, I wouldn't mourn his passing in the slightest.

The only way he will die in an accident is if the US government 'eliminate' him.

You are right Noomi , JA is a real folk hero .
The central character here is the OP . He would make a great stand - up comedian over here , where we understand about the needs of a country to present itself transparently , and be based on a good moral standard
But I love the OP . One of those great quaint Hilly Billy types . Fascinating species that is near to extinction -- mercifully .

If he is jailed, I hope he releases every single private secret the US holds before he is taken down.

It's not just US secrets he holds... your country has good reason to want him silenced too. But since you don't care about anything other than your own selfish wants, that won't bother you. If those documents put Australian lives at risk, no doubt you'll be fine with that - as long as it's not your family or your friends. You are a sick individual.

If he is jailed, I hope he releases every single private secret the US holds before he is taken down.

It's not just US secrets he holds... your country has good reason to want him silenced too. But since you don't care about anything other than your own selfish wants, that won't bother you. If those documents put Australian lives at risk, no doubt you'll be fine with that - as long as it's not your family or your friends. You are a sick individual.

No lives have been placed at risk as a result of his actions.

No lives have been placed at risk as a result of his actions.

That's not actually true - but admittedly, the media certainly haven't reported it so I can understand your opinion. You believe only what your chosen media tell you.

I'd have some sympathy for him if he'd had a clear purpose for what he did...a noble cause if you will.

How silly and petulantly school boyish an American Hilly Billy sounds .

Are you saying htat Assnge is neither a hero nor a running corward; or is not a hero and is a running coward?

This is very confusing.

Americans make themselves confused by trying to put labels on everything .
Here is a not very bright guy who has allowed the world to see some of the outlandish games the elite play with ordinary people .
Everything is not Black or White , Right or Wrong .

Forum List

Back