Judge Strikes Down Mississippi's Ban on Same-Sex Adoptions

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Great news.

A federal judge struck down Mississippi's ban on adoption by same-sex couples Thursday — making the practice legal nationwide.

"We are obviously thrilled with today's ruling, but our clients are beyond ecstatic," said Roberta Kaplan, lead attorney in the case for the Campaign for Southern Equality, a North Carolina-based activist group, which represented four Mississippi couples in the suit along with the Massachusetts-based Family Equality Council.

"Two sets of our clients have waited many (almost 9 and 16) years to become legal parents to the children they have loved and cared for since birth," Kaplan said. "We hope that it should finally be clear that discrimination against gay people simply because they are gay violates the Constitution in all 50 states, including Mississippi."

Great news.

A federal judge struck down Mississippi's ban on adoption by same-sex couples Thursday — making the practice legal nationwide.

"We are obviously thrilled with today's ruling, but our clients are beyond ecstatic," said Roberta Kaplan, lead attorney in the case for the Campaign for Southern Equality, a North Carolina-based activist group, which represented four Mississippi couples in the suit along with the Massachusetts-based Family Equality Council.

"Two sets of our clients have waited many (almost 9 and 16) years to become legal parents to the children they have loved and cared for since birth," Kaplan said. "We hope that it should finally be clear that discrimination against gay people simply because they are gay violates the Constitution in all 50 states, including Mississippi."

Adoption doesn't exist for the benefit of the people wanting to adopt. It exists for the benefit of the child. There is no right to adopt. This judge is a jackass. This is one of the main reasons people are opposed to same-sex marriage. It was just a way for perverts to get their foot in the door of legal adoption.

Last edited:
I love that Bripat has already removed his Trump sig. Not so sure anymore?

‘U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan derided the state's lawyers for offering what he called a "tepid" defense of the 2000 statute, criticizing them for not even trying to justify the legality of the law.

Instead, they argued that the gay and lesbian rights groups didn't have legal standing to sue — and said they wouldn't have enforced the law anyway.
[…]
Jordan said in a 28-page ruling filed Thursday in Jackson that the high court decision included equal protection provisions that applied to adoption by same-sex parents, as well.’

“and said they wouldn't have enforced the law anyway.”

Unbelievable.

Such is the reprehensible right.

Great news.

Adoption doesn't exist for the benefit of the people wanting to adopt. It exists for the benefit the child. There is no right to adopt. This judge is a jackass. This is one of the main reasons people are opposed to same-sex marriage. It was just a way for perverts to get their foot in the door of legal adoption.
The above quoted post is further evidence of the reprehensible right.

No, it's because that is dangerous at work. Plenty of people are simply dripping with an irrational hatred for Trump, and they will make your life difficult if they know you support him. That's how leftwing douche bags role.

Great news.

Adoption doesn't exist for the benefit of the people wanting to adopt. It exists for the benefit the child. There is no right to adopt. This judge is a jackass. This is one of the main reasons people are opposed to same-sex marriage. It was just a way for perverts to get their foot in the door of legal adoption.
The above quoted post is further evidence of the reprehensible right.

No, it's a post by someone who cares more about children than about queer perverts who want to get their hands on them so they can pretend to be normal.

Homosexuals are immoral people who make bad role models for children. Naturally, Democrats love them, while demonizing Christians and all others who think that people should obey the Ten Commandments.

Homosexuals are immoral people who make bad role models for children. Naturally, Democrats love them, while demonizing Christians and all others who think that people should obey the Ten Commandments.

Christians are more consistent. They'll only molest you if you're part of the church.

No, it's because that is dangerous at work. Plenty of people are simply dripping with an irrational hatred for Trump, and they will make your life difficult if they know you support him. That's how leftwing douche bags role.

Sounds pretty chicken shit to me.

Sounds pretty chicken shit to me.

Be careful. His candidate will sue you. That's how a real man responds to criticism. Watch out, Putin.

Only if you are an ass there too.
Hmmm, no, it doesn't matter. Douchbag leftwingers aren't reasonable people. They hate you simply because they know you don't agree with their idiocies.

Only if you are an ass there too.
Hmmm, no, it doesn't matter. Douchbag leftwingers aren't reasonable people. They hate you simply because they know you don't agree with their idiocies.

I'm a left winger, and I don't hate you. I enjoy laughing at your stupid posts.

So you are a coward?
Apparently you're an idiot.

I'm going to remove the Trump sig, but not the kid flipping people off.

Be honest. You are a pussy. You know Trump is losing, and want no association with it. Don't be a faggot. Just admit you supported Trump up until a week ago.

‘U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan derided the state's lawyers for offering what he called a "tepid" defense of the 2000 statute, criticizing them for not even trying to justify the legality of the law.

Instead, they argued that the gay and lesbian rights groups didn't have legal standing to sue — and said they wouldn't have enforced the law anyway.
[…]
Jordan said in a 28-page ruling filed Thursday in Jackson that the high court decision included equal protection provisions that applied to adoption by same-sex parents, as well.’

“and said they wouldn't have enforced the law anyway.”

Unbelievable.

Such is the reprehensible right.

The queer agenda has always been "Get them while they are young". LGBT is working on getting the age of consent lowered. This country has become so perverted.

Forum List

Back