Judge Orders Extended Early Voting In Florida

1. No one has a right to vote.
2. Who's being denied the opportunity to vote? Nobody.

You partisan Hack.

1. Everyone has the right to vote.
2. People who can't wait for four hours in a line because the gov cut voting hours, are being denied the the opportunity to vote.

Sniveling douche nozzle

1. Wrong moron, show me where in the Constitution it says that we have the right to vote for President. I'll wait.

2. They had 10 days to early vote, cutting it down from 11 makes no difference.

3. They can still vote on tuesday.

Left wing hack idiot.

Voting rights in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Constitution, in Article VI, section 3, states that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The Constitution, however, leaves the determination of voting qualifications to the individual states. Over time, the federal role in elections has increased through amendments to the Constitution and enacted legislation, such as the Voting Rights Act of 1965.[1] At least four of the fifteen post-Civil War constitutional amendments were ratified specifically to extend voting rights to different groups of citizens. These extensions state that voting rights cannot be denied or abridged based on the following:
Birth - "All persons born or naturalized" "are citizens" of the U.S. and the U.S. State where they reside (14th Amendment, 1868)
"Race, color, or previous condition of servitude" - (15th Amendment, 1870)
"On account of sex" - (19th Amendment, 1920)
In Washington, D.C., presidential elections after 164 year suspension by U.S. Congress (23rd Amendment, 1961)
(For federal elections) "By reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax" - (24th Amendment, 1964)
(For state elections) Taxes - (Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections, 383 U.S. 663 (1966))
"Who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of age" (26th Amendment, 1971).

I'm a fan of early voting, giving people plenty of time to vote is a good thing. However I don't see early voting being an issue in Flordia, and it sounds like suing over it was a bit extreme on the dems part.

I'm not sure what is going on down there, but I have read that some people have had to wait in line for up to eight hours to vote. Simply put, that is absurd.

the problem is they added all kinds of propositions to the ballot so it would be intentionally horrible to complete... thus, hopefully reducing the number of people voting b/c it backs up voter lines...

the more people who vote... the worse it is for the GOP.

plus, traditionally, black churchmembers travel from church on sunday to vote... not allowing the vote on sunday was intended to thwart them.

I'm a fan of early voting, giving people plenty of time to vote is a good thing. However I don't see early voting being an issue in Flordia, and it sounds like suing over it was a bit extreme on the dems part.

the gov cut early voting time in half from what it was. florida's two predecessor governor's felt it was a moral responsibility to make sure every citizen had the opportunity to vote. but the more people who vote, the more it benefits democrats. so gov teatard tried to make sure that voting would be so inconvenient a lot of people wouldn't bother.

that's what the suit was about.

and given that they won, the suit was a good idea.

no doubt they'll appeal.

No he didn't. he cut the days but the 96 hours remained.

This is a true case of "give someone an inch and they'll take a mile" I hope the Florida legislature does away with early voting altogether. Then there will be nothing to sue about. democrats are asswipes.

1. Everyone has the right to vote.
2. People who can't wait for four hours in a line because the gov cut voting hours, are being denied the the opportunity to vote.

Sniveling douche nozzle

1. Wrong moron, show me where in the Constitution it says that we have the right to vote for President. I'll wait.

2. They had 10 days to early vote, cutting it down from 11 makes no difference.

3. They can still vote on tuesday.

Left wing hack idiot.

Voting rights in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Constitution, in Article VI, section 3, states that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The Constitution, however, leaves the determination of voting qualifications to the individual states. Over time, the federal role in elections has increased through amendments to the Constitution and enacted legislation, such as the Voting Rights Act of 1965.[1] At least four of the fifteen post-Civil War constitutional amendments were ratified specifically to extend voting rights to different groups of citizens. These extensions state that voting rights cannot be denied or abridged based on the following:
Birth - "All persons born or naturalized" "are citizens" of the U.S. and the U.S. State where they reside (14th Amendment, 1868)
"Race, color, or previous condition of servitude" - (15th Amendment, 1870)
"On account of sex" - (19th Amendment, 1920)
In Washington, D.C., presidential elections after 164 year suspension by U.S. Congress (23rd Amendment, 1961)
(For federal elections) "By reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax" - (24th Amendment, 1964)
(For state elections) Taxes - (Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections, 383 U.S. 663 (1966))
"Who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of age" (26th Amendment, 1971).

Is it that you didn't read it or that you're too stupid to understand it?

Which is it?

I'm not sure what is going on down there, but I have read that some people have had to wait in line for up to eight hours to vote. Simply put, that is absurd.

the problem is they added all kinds of propositions to the ballot so it would be intentionally horrible to complete... thus, hopefully reducing the number of people voting b/c it backs up voter lines...

plus, traditionally, black churchmembers travel from church on sunday to vote... not allowing the vote on sunday was intended to thwart them.

Hey moron, they voted LAST Sunday.

Right. Because partisan hackery is more important than ensuring every willing American is afforded the opportunity to exercise their right to vote.

1. No one has a right to vote.
2. Who's being denied the opportunity to vote? Nobody.

You partisan Hack.

no one has a right to vote?

please go live elsewhere... seriously.

No thanks, i'll stay here. being among mental midgets like yourself makes me feel smarter.

pssst...ixnay on the moron-ay... you really shouldn't pretend you have more than a double digit IQ... mkay?:eusa_hand:

the gov cut early voting time in half from what it was. florida's two predecessor governor's felt it was a moral responsibility to make sure every citizen had the opportunity to vote. but the more people who vote, the more it benefits democrats. so gov teatard tried to make sure that voting would be so inconvenient a lot of people wouldn't bother.

no doubt they'll appeal.

You'll never get through their thick skulls. Just point at them and laugh like I do.

:clap2:

Orange County Early Voting Hours Extended Sunday Following Judge's Ruling

A judge extended early voting hours in one Florida county on Sunday after the state Democratic Party sued in an effort to give people more time at the polls.

Some voters had faced waits several hours long on Saturday, the last scheduled day of early voting. The judge ruled on a lawsuit filed late Saturday in Orange County after an early voting site was shut down for several hours. The Winter Park library was evacuated when a suspicious package – a cooler – was found outside. It was later detonated by a local bomb squad.

Bill Cowles, the Orange County elections supervisor, said that voters who show up on Sunday will be asked to use a provisional ballot because the Republican Party of Florida had appealed the decision. The extra hours will be offered at only the Winter Park library.

The state party also filed a federal lawsuit Sunday morning seeking more voting time in Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward counties.

nothing wrong with this.

Let me guess... you think the suspicious package was left by the GOP in an attempt to disenfranchise Democratic voters (minorities)... right? :rolleyes:

no doubt they'll appeal.

um...no, willow. he purposely said they couldn't vote sunday.

you understand that one of the reasons the GOP left charlie crist hanging out to dry was because he believed everyone should vote... gov teatard wasn't going to make the same mistake.

no doubt they'll appeal.

not according to the OP.
The judge ruled on a lawsuit filed late Saturday in Orange County after an early voting site was shut down for several hours. The Winter Park library was evacuated when a suspicious package – a cooler – was found outside. It was later detonated by a local bomb squad.

pssst...ixnay on the moron-ay... you really shouldn't pretend you have more than a double digit IQ... mkay?:eusa_hand:

Maybe i don't but I'm still too smart to believe the stupid shit you believe.

Forum List

Back