Judge Halts Arrests of Occupy Nashville Protesters

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
A judge told Tennessee officials on Monday to stop enforcing new rules that have been used to arrest Occupy protesters in Nashville.

In subsequent days, protesters were arrested, including more than two dozen overnight Saturday, after they defied the curfew imposed by the state's governor. Most received citations for trespassing, while two others were cited for public intoxication.

Judge tells Tennessee to stop arresting Occupy protesters - CNN

res ipsa loquitur

A judge told Tennessee officials on Monday to stop enforcing new rules that have been used to arrest Occupy protesters in Nashville.

In subsequent days, protesters were arrested, including more than two dozen overnight Saturday, after they defied the curfew imposed by the state's governor. Most received citations for trespassing, while two others were cited for public intoxication.

Judge tells Tennessee to stop arresting Occupy protesters - CNN

res ipsa loquitur

Are these "Occupy America" folks gainfully employed folks, frustrated workers or just bunch of jobless folks probably paid to stage these protest? I am trying to figure out why these people would prefer to camp in parks and looking unkempt to make their point.

Clearly they passed laws to have an excuse to arrest the shitters. They can't do that. Let them alone. After all Occupy Atlanta got drug resistent TB, surely some disease could develop in Tennessee. I keep hoping for typhoid.

I have no idea who they are. I have a friend who lives in a high rise downtown. They haven't bothered her, but then Legislative Plaza is a few blocks away. IMO if someone is drunk and disorderly the police SHOULD be able to arrest them, protest or no protest!

Forum List

Back