Federal judge enjoins state from enforcing curfew against Occupy group

I never claimed the states could trump the Bill of Rights..

I said people CANT LIVE IN A PARK...

So, you're saying that state laws can create limits on how a person can exercise their constitutional rights to assemble and protest?
That goddamn red herring is a goddamn red herring.

Squatting and monopolizing a public park are not "protesting"...Neither is sleeping.......They're squatting and vagrancy.

So, you're saying that state laws can create limits on how a person can exercise their constitutional rights to assemble and protest?

These fools aren't protesters when they're living in parks - they're squatters.

Says you.

Since when was government property private property?

I could say the same to you. All you have is your ramblings, which are counter to what the courts have long held.

They're assembling in protest of the government.

Actually, it's YOU who are rationalizing that they aren't protesting when they are. You seem to think that you have some kind of magical power to judge whether they are protesting. Even the state conceded that what it did violated the constitution.

Wait, you said it was private land. I guess all your earlier arguments about private land have to get tossed out.

Evidence.

Evidence.

d) they're occupying private property

You're going back into my sig for this one.

I could go on forever...

I'm sure you could. But repeating stupidities forever won't change the fact that they are stupidities.

Zuccotti Park is privately owned dummy..

You fucking stupid slow or ignorant??

Lets not forget them running into fucking banks protesting, or standing in the front of buildings that OWN THE FUCKING LAND..

You so fucking stupid you believe its a contradiction that OWS is occupying both private and public property?? of course you are ape..

Last edited:

Lets not forget them running into fucking banks protesting, or standing in the front of buildings that OWN THE FUCKING LAND..

We're talking about Legislative Plaza in Nashville Tenn. Are you fucking stupid slow, or ignorant?

What's wrong Oddball? Can't produce a good argument, all you can do is neg rep people and throw insults? :lol:

The park curfew law was put in place specifically to use against the OWS crowd. A judge ruled otherwise.
So what if it was?

Liberoidal moonbats like you don't seem to have a problem with such things when it applies to people with whom you disagree.
On the contrary. I'd be on the side of the judge if it were you teapees that the town specifically crafted a law to oust from the park.

Somehow I am not surprised at your selective sense of fairness.

Yes, you did.

Which in this case means that the state law trumps the Bill of Rights.

I guess we can add "logic" to that list, huh?

Prove it dummy... Show me where I said the states had the right to trump the Bill of Rights..

I have never said that my entire life... That would contradict everything I believe...

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem dummy?

We're talking about Legislative Plaza in Nashville Tenn. Are you fucking stupid slow, or ignorant?

It's a collectivist movement - therefore they will be treated as a collectivist movement.

Fuck Nashville...

From their own words "we're all one"...

It doesn't matter, Nashville, Chicago, Oakland, New York etc....

There are no chapters.....

The park curfew law was put in place specifically to use against the OWS crowd. A judge ruled otherwise.
So what if it was?

Liberoidal moonbats like you don't seem to have a problem with such things when it applies to people with whom you disagree.
On the contrary. I'd be on the side of the judge if it were you teapees that the town specifically crafted a law to oust from the park.

Somehow I am not surprised at your selective sense of fairness.
They need to be ousted from the park...They're trampling the rights of the 99.9% of people who want to enjoy the park quietly and sanely.

The "protesters" are on the same plane as common bums, who would be rousted and evicted from the park if they tried to do the same thing.

Last edited:
It's a collectivist movement - therefore they will be treated as a collectivist movement.

Really? So you're saying that Tennessee has the right to enact state laws that would apply to conduct outside of the state, and punish law abiding citizens in Tenn for what people in other parts of the country are doing? That's, uh.....beyond stupidity that can be sufficiently expressed in words.

Listen, we're talking about Tenn in this thread. If you want to rant without aim or direction, do it elsewhere.

They're trampling the rights of the 99.9% of people who want to enjoy the park quietly and sanely.

Where's the constitutional right to enjoy the park?
Fuck you...You only give a shit about the Constitution when it suits you...You don't give a hoot in hell about the peaceful taxpayers, minding their own business.

It's a local park, under the jurisdiction of the local authorities, who wish to remove vagrants from the public square.

Last edited:

Really? So you're saying that Tennessee has the right to enact state laws that would apply to conduct outside of the state, and punish law abiding citizens in Tenn for what people in other parts of the country are doing? That's, uh.....beyond stupidity that can be sufficiently expressed in words.

Listen, we're talking about Tenn in this thread. If you want to rant without aim or direction, do it elsewhere.

Who the fuck is "we"

Not to mention "law abiding citizens" :lol:

Nashville OWS is no different than NY OWS...

They're all united in a collectivist frenzy...

OWS Nashville IS OWS NY...

Besides standing on bank property anywhere is still private property...

Remember the WBC??? they were forbidden from protesting on private property and they were ordered to stand 50 feet from private property...

So why should the same rules not apply to OWS??? oh yeah the Tenth Amendment...

There are no rules for OWS... Even if there were they would break them...

These are the same motherfuckers that preach civics and political correctness.

:lol:

Who the fuck is "we"

The people in this thread. This is a thread about a federal judge ruling on a Tenn law about Occupy protests in Nashville. That's what this thread is about. If you don't want to discuss that, go away.

Not to mention "law abiding citizens"

The protesters in Tenn, which is what we're talking about here.

Nashville OWS is no different than NY OWS.

This is absurd. So if one group in NY does something wrong, that justifies violating the constitutional rights of people in Tenn?

They're all united in a collectivist frenzy.

No, YOU simply insist on painting the whole lot with one giant brush stroke. I guess it's beyond your abilities to take individuals on their own individual merits. You have to shove people into boxes and label them.

OWS Nashville IS OWS NY.

No. See, one group of people is in NY, the other is in Tenn. And we're talking about a Tenn law that was blocked by a federal judge regarding conduct BY PEOPLE IN TENN. What's going on in NY has nothing to do with this thread.

Besides standing on bank property anywhere is still private property.

We're not talking about that, we're talking about people standing in Legislative Plaza in Nashville.

Remember the WBC??? they were forbidden from protesting on private property and they were ordered to stand 50 feet from private property.

We're not talking about people on private property. We're talking about people on public property in Nashville.

So why should the same rules not apply to OWS???

Who said it didn't? But right now we're talking about people in public areas.

oh yeah the Tenth Amendment.

Has nothing to do with any of this.

Translation: The laws to which everyone else must adhere cannot be enforced on leftists.

Judge Aleta Trauger is a Democrat and was appointed by W. J. Clinton to District Judge in 1998.

Because this is a political power play by the Democrats, Judge Aleta Trauger has a responsibility to recuse herself from helping the Democrats carry out their destroy-America's-Financial Sector.

She owes her job and affluence to the Democrats.

Other Americans don't necessarily.

Who the fuck is "we"

The people in this thread. This is a thread about a federal judge ruling on a Tenn law about Occupy protests in Nashville. That's what this thread is about. If you don't want to discuss that, go away.

Not to mention "law abiding citizens"

The protesters in Tenn, which is what we're talking about here.

This is absurd. So if one group in NY does something wrong, that justifies violating the constitutional rights of people in Tenn?

No, YOU simply insist on painting the whole lot with one giant brush stroke. I guess it's beyond your abilities to take individuals on their own individual merits. You have to shove people into boxes and label them.

No. See, one group of people is in NY, the other is in Tenn. And we're talking about a Tenn law that was blocked by a federal judge regarding conduct BY PEOPLE IN TENN. What's going on in NY has nothing to do with this thread.

We're not talking about that, we're talking about people standing in Legislative Plaza in Nashville.

We're not talking about people on private property. We're talking about people on public property in Nashville.

So why should the same rules not apply to OWS???

Who said it didn't? But right now we're talking about people in public areas.

oh yeah the Tenth Amendment.

Has nothing to do with any of this.

Listen ape - I'm not the one that is insisting all OWS is "united" - I'm not the one who insists it's essentially a collectivist movement.

Quite frankly OWS Nashville is no different than OWS NY or Chicago etc...

You're the 99% allegedly and I will treat you like a bunch of 99% collectivists which you claimed you are..

Not to mention you're the only fool here talking about Nashville...

OWS is a general subject...

But like I said - OWS idiots are protesting on private property across the country.

When you stand er occupy on (a) banks property its trespassing.

Fuck you...

That sums up your arguments pretty well. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fuck you, boy.

Where is it written in the Constitution that you have the right to masturbate and fuck in public, shit on police cars, assault police (Denver), operate ad hoc makeshift soup kitchens, squat like common bums in public and private parks, bang on goddamn bongos all night long and generally harass and hector the locals?

Nowhere, that's where.

Forum List

Back